No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recall RCIV almost single handedly beating OSU at OSU. In the OSU post-game interview, the three players said Ricky was a great player and they couldn't figure out a way to stop him down the stretch; he simply took over the game. I also recall IB saying after the game (he actually said it numerous times on his coaches show), "Ricky thinks he's the best player on the floor." Yes coach, despite a few boneheaded plays, Ricky was the best player on the floor most of the time. If anyone would have taken the time to watch Ricky's high school video, you could tell he was going to be a special player. High School videos can be deceiving, but not his. I put Ricky up there with Ross, Cleo, Dave the Rave, AC, Cliff, Fred and Ron. Yes, he's that good and special, he just needed some solid coaching and NIL money (yuck!). Players like Ricky don't come through the door very often. It's still maddening to think about how he got away.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Fyi… I failed to list the X-Man above, but honestly, he’s in a league all by himself; the baddest Mo-Fo to ever wear the black and gold (yellow).

Comment

• RC is talented but let's not get carried away comparing him as a basketball player with that list. Those are the all time Shocker greats. IMO, RC hasn't accomplished anything to be included in that group.

Comment

• Boston makes a good point, but the kid is special…

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Boston makes a good point, but the kid is special…

Sure. But do you remember that one dunk Joe got last year on that one fast break where he dunked the ball and it went in? Do you remember that one? It was pretty good too.

Comment

• You know, maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. Maybe it was a genius move by IB last year who saw what the incoming NIL landscape would do to the college game. Maybe he was hiding RCIV so that we would have a chance at retaining him.
              Last edited by Shocktoberfest; February 1, 2023, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                RC is talented but let's not get carried away comparing him as a basketball player with that list. Those are the all time Shocker greats. IMO, RC hasn't accomplished anything to be included in that group.
                RC4 leads a team loaded with 5 star recruits in minutes played and ppg as a junior. Perhaps you should check out a highlights video from this season and it'll eliminate any doubts about his talent.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Is he still an "observer" on the defensive end? That's probably what kept him out of the starting lineup last year. If RCIV thought he was the best player on the floor, then he's better at evaluating talent than IB.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Jamarius Burton and Pitt won 65-64 at UNC. Pitt is still in 3rd place, 1 game out of 1st in the ACC at 9-3. Jamarius had 19 points.

Comment

Bottom line Pleasant was terrible and RC underachieved.
                      Didn't most of the players who transfered out in the last couple of years, underachieve while at WSU, but blossom at their new school? Seems to be a constant in there somewhere. Hmmm.... wonder what that would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

RC4 leads a team loaded with 5 star recruits in minutes played and ppg as a junior. Perhaps you should check out a highlights video from this season and it'll eliminate any doubts about his talent.
                        So you're going to put him up there with Stallworth, X, The Bookends, FVV? That's what we're talking about. He's athletically gifted but not near the basketball player as that group.

Comment

Bottom line Pleasant was terrible and RC underachieved.
                          Exactly. RC4 imo would have flourished under a coach like 3G. His entire game would have been better with constant coaching, instead of a coach who punished by playing him behind an inferior player, and couldn’t harness supposed leaders. He can be a Top notch rebounder if he wants and it’s better this year.

Comment

So you're going to put him up there with Stallworth, X, The Bookends, FVV? That's what we're talking about. He's athletically gifted but not near the basketball player as that group.
                            His college career isn't over yet. Let's see what he can accomplish first.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Looks like Fred's found his groove. He actually had a solid January after struggling the first half of the season with injuries. I actually thought he was wearing down, but shows you what I know.

"Toronto’s Fred VanVleet had his second career triple-double with 34 points, a career-best 12 rebounds and 10 assists, but the Jazz overcame that effort by shooting 53% and making key play after key play down the stretch."

Raptors vs. Jazz - NBA Game Recap - February 1, 2023 | ESPN

Raptors vs. Jazz - NBA Game Summary - February 1, 2023 | ESPN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Steady Freddy"

NBA rumors: Fred VanVleet prefers to stay amid Clippers rumors (clutchpoints.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Boston makes a good point, but the kid is special…

He almost hit his head on the rim.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X