Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

It’s my understanding that the one time transfer is retroactive so players like Burton and TP who already transferred once without sitting would have to sit this upcoming season. I could be wrong.
    I don't think so. Going forward it will be retroactive (i.e. in future years you will have to sit out if you have previously transferred), but this year there is a blanket rule that no one has to sit out due to Covid. The recent rule is separate from the previous announcement of free transfers for this season as I understand it.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I don't think so. Going forward it will be retroactive (i.e. in future years you will have to sit out if you have previously transferred), but this year there is a blanket rule that no one has to sit out due to Covid. The recent rule is separate from the previous announcement of free transfers for this season as I understand it.
      Got it, so, last year anyone who didn’t receive a waiver was allowed to play immediately and that doesn’t count as their one time transfer. Lucky for JB and TP!

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          Ok, I guess I stand corrected. This makes no sense because the announcement of free transfers inevitably factored into players decisions to transfer or not, so now retracting the universality of that offer seems like a dubious move.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
            JB has to apply for a waiver, but I believe they also stated that losing your coach basically guarantees a waiver approval. So he's good...

TP on the other hand ...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Ok, I guess I stand corrected. This makes no sense because the announcement of free transfers inevitably factored into players decisions to transfer or not, so now retracting the universality of that offer seems like a dubious move.
              I don't see a problem ... if players were basing their decision on something that wasn't guaranteed to happen .. that's on them. You learn a lot of life lessons in college ... add this one to the list. Get it in writing BEFORE ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't see a problem ... if players were basing their decision on something that wasn't guaranteed to happen .. that's on them. You learn a lot of life lessons in college ... add this one to the list. Get it in writing BEFORE ...
                I looked up the blanket transfer announcement and I had not realized that all along it only applied to first time transfers:

The Division I Council granted a blanket waiver allowing all transfer student-athletes to compete immediately this season if specific criteria are met.

If they had promised a waiver to everyone, then changed it, that would have been a problem, but both the original blanket waiver and the new on-going rule are only about first time transfers, so there is no policy reversal.

From my reading, Qua Grant would not have had a free transfer under the original waiver since it only applied to D1 to D1 transfers, but I guess the new long-term free transfer rule applies to D2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

wonder where he'll play after Pitt?
                  I chuckled

Comment

• I guess this involves past Shockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      I guess this involves past Shockers.

The only school on there that is surprising is Virginia.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        I guess this involves past Shockers.

You'd never know this from all of the people on here who have been running down our program for the past 4-5 years. That's pretty good company.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

The only school on there that is surprising is Virginia.
                          Not really. They have been winning at an elite level for at least the last 7-8 years, including a natty. They have been a 1 or 2 seed in five of the last seven NCAA tournaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You'd never know this from all of the people on here who have been running down our program for the past 4-5 years. That's pretty good company.
                            Please show me anyone running down the program. Not buying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Please show me anyone running down the program. Not buying it.
                              You've been pretty diligent during the past year or two. Surely you've seen the criticism that has occasionally happened (and during the fall it was quite profuse) about the past coach, the decline of the program, etc. No big deal, but I was just pointing out that our program has been quite consistent during this time, and that we have continued to win at a high level, even if no F4's. However, if you don't want to remember it, Don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You've been pretty diligent during the past year or two. Surely you've seen the criticism that has occasionally happened (and during the fall it was quite profuse) about the past coach, the decline of the program, etc. No big deal, but I was just pointing out that our program has been quite consistent during this time, and that we have continued to win at a high level, even if no F4's. However, if you don't want to remember it, Don't.
                                Criticism or running down? Two different things in my opinion. Sorry if someone has a different view than you. I don't have a problem with fair criticism. It doesn't always need to be roses and sunshine.

Comment

Working...
                                X