No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a new Africa Basketball League that just started this year is my understanding.

Comment

• Rwanda has a nation-wide ban on plastic bags. I was actually on a flight to Uganda with a short stop in Rwanda and there were very loud and frequent reminders that passengers would not take any plastic bags with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Rwanda has a nation-wide ban on plastic bags. I was actually on a flight to Uganda with a short stop in Rwanda and there were very loud and frequent reminders that passengers would not take any plastic bags with them.
        Not trying to get this thread off track, but reading "Rwanda" reminds me of the Bruce Willis film, Tears of the Sun...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Rwanda has a nation-wide ban on plastic bags.
            How come?

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How come?
              Just speculating here, but I suspect, unlike Americans, they actually know how and where the plastic is getting into out oceans.

Comment

• Saw this a few days ago. Austin Reaves did a "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit and here's a link to it - https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...guard_for_the/

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Interesting that he said he needed to transfer to prove he could play at a level that people didn't think he could. I wonder if he thinks that players like Fred, Ron, Landry, etc. could play at that level since they never decided to transfer.

Comment

• Transitioning to vegan?

Get a new trainer Austin.

Comment

• That was a fun read. I'm laughing that the HBK in his screen name stands for Hill Billy Kobe

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        Interesting that he said he needed to transfer to prove he could play at a level that people didn't think he could. I wonder if he thinks that players like Fred, Ron, Landry, etc. could play at that level since they never decided to transfer.
                        Regardless, I believe he strongly needed a year off from playing more than anything. Transferring solved all problems.

Honestly, I'm not sure what he thinks 2 years of shooting 3s at 25.9% and 30.5% and a 3.0/2.5 and 4.6/3.0 A/TO ratio is supposed to tell the pros? He also got fouled a lot and with his frame and past issues, I don't see that is a plus either. With the Sooners finishing tied for 6th in league, I was surprised he was a 1st teamer, but never took a closer look at his competition.
                        Last edited by ShockTalk; June 24, 2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          Interesting that he said he needed to transfer to prove he could play at a level that people didn't think he could. I wonder if he thinks that players like Fred, Ron, Landry, etc. could play at that level since they never decided to transfer.
                          Kinda of no win question for him, when it comes to Shocker fans. I'm sure in his mind that was putting a positive spin on it. Certainly would ring more true if he had excelled and come close to peak performance while in Wichita. Instead, most of us weren't that sad that he left, considering what his performance, especially in pressure situations was.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Transitioning to vegan?

Get a new trainer Austin.
                            Plenty of horror stories out there of athletes who became vegan and declined, got injured, or both.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Plenty of horror stories out there of athletes who became vegan and declined, got injured, or both.
                              And then there’s Tom Brady.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

And then there’s Tom Brady.
                                What does Tom Brady have to do with veganism? He isn't even vegetarian.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X