Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

    Aaron Hogg (2002-2004)

    Insider notebook: Hogg takes over at Washington; ... - Indianapolis Star

    by Kyle Neddenriep
    posted: 06/15/20, 3:44pm est

    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ad/3193553001/

    "Aaron Hogg counts Mark Turgeon and Scott Heady as the two most influential coaches in his life.

    Not a bad place to start.

    Hogg, 39, was officially named the new boys basketball coach at Washington High School on Monday. Hogg, a 1999 Warren Central graduate and former Wichita State forward, has been a teacher in the Indianapolis Public School system for the past six years.

    “The biggest reason I was interested in the job at Washington is the opportunity to help young people be successful,” Hogg said. “I’ve had an opportunity to work in the IPS system and had a chance to see what the high school landscape is like. The first thing I want to do is sit down one-on-one with the kids and talk to them about life, not even basketball. I want them to set goals that we can track and measure throughout the year to help keep them on task.”

    The 6-6 Hogg played for Heady at Warren Central, earning all-Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference honors as a senior in 1998-99. After playing\ junior college basketball at Jacksonville (Texas) College, Hogg played two seasons for Turgeon at Wichita State from 2002-04, averaging 10.2 points and 4.8 rebounds and shooting 39 percent from the 3-point line...."





  • #2
    Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    Aaron Hogg (2002-2004)

    Insider notebook: Hogg takes over at Washington; ... - Indianapolis Star

    by Kyle Neddenriep
    posted: 06/15/20, 3:44pm est

    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ad/3193553001/

    "Aaron Hogg counts Mark Turgeon and Scott Heady as the two most influential coaches in his life.

    Not a bad place to start.

    Hogg, 39, was officially named the new boys basketball coach at Washington High School on Monday. Hogg, a 1999 Warren Central graduate and former Wichita State forward, has been a teacher in the Indianapolis Public School system for the past six years.

    “The biggest reason I was interested in the job at Washington is the opportunity to help young people be successful,” Hogg said. “I’ve had an opportunity to work in the IPS system and had a chance to see what the high school landscape is like. The first thing I want to do is sit down one-on-one with the kids and talk to them about life, not even basketball. I want them to set goals that we can track and measure throughout the year to help keep them on task.”

    The 6-6 Hogg played for Heady at Warren Central, earning all-Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference honors as a senior in 1998-99. After playing\ junior college basketball at Jacksonville (Texas) College, Hogg played two seasons for Turgeon at Wichita State from 2002-04, averaging 10.2 points and 4.8 rebounds and shooting 39 percent from the 3-point line...."



    Go get em Aaron! Great to see former Shockers doing good things and paying it forward.

    Comment


    • #3
      CF still fillin' it up!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        CF still fillin' it up!

        The game before that, UCAM lost to Andorra and Clevin Hannah. Hannah had 16 pts and 7 assists. Conor had 19 pts and 5 assists.
        https://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores...20_139_258.asp

        Gal Mekel plays in that league for UNICAJA Malaga, and Jaime is in there, too.
        “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
        Isaac Asimov

        Comment


        • #5
          The Spanish league is no joke. It is a legit league with loads of talent. Glad to see these guys playing well and making good $$.

          Comment


          • #6
            He looked much improved during the TBT last summer and appears to have made even more strides.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              He looked much improved during the TBT last summer and appears to have made even more strides.
              He made a bit of a comment about this video that insinuated he thought he was being held back before ..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

                He made a bit of a comment about this video that insinuated he thought he was being held back before ..
                Loved the home town boy but the only thing that held him back was his inability to fill it up in front of the home crowd

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's a confident basketball player in that video. Something I think he lacked a bit when he was here. Guessing his success overseas and his invite and time in the Lakers Summer League helped him tremendously.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Frankamp needs to have the ball in his hands and improvise on the fly. Euro basketball is perfect for him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pogo View Post

                      Loved the home town boy but the only thing that held him back was his inability to fill it up in front of the home crowd
                      And getting punished on the defensive end by whomever he was guarding. :)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I can't believe that some still get wound up at past players like Conner who they didn't like. Conner's past news, as a Shocker, and I'm glad he can still make some money playing the game he loved. I lift up Fred, Landry, and others but I care more about the players who are here, and will get us back consistently to where we want (in the Top 25) to be.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          I can't believe that some still get wound up at past players like Conner who they didn't like. Conner's past news, as a Shocker, and I'm glad he can still make some money playing the game he loved. I lift up Fred, Landry, and others but I care more about the players who are here, and will get us back consistently to where we want (in the Top 25) to be.
                          This thread is about former Shockers, not current Shockers, you know.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            I can't believe that some still get wound up at past players like Conner who they didn't like. Conner's past news, as a Shocker, and I'm glad he can still make some money playing the game he loved. I lift up Fred, Landry, and others but I care more about the players who are here, and will get us back consistently to where we want (in the Top 25) to be.
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=SKRma7PDW10

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

                              This thread is about former Shockers, not current Shockers, you know.
                              Yes I know. I like commenting and hearing about successful former Shockers. I just don’t get running down those who aren’t having success, and comments referring to their former issues that obviously some fans cannot let go of.

                              Fred and Landry are my favorites to hear about.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X