No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say this, you better have a vice grip on that program as a head coach, for a couple reasons:

First, it is a border town. Along with that, it’s in the middle of nowhere. Lastly, the academic standards required to get into NMSU are pretty low. So you’re not exactly working with the cream of the crop, even outside of the court or the classroom.

I’m surprised that the program itself has had a relatively good track record of success given these aspects.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Perhaps there was good reason 3G didn’t want to promote GH to Associate HC

Comment

• I've said it before, and I'll say it one more time. GH is not serious D1 head coaching material. That doesn't make him a bad guy (I will be very surprised if his hands are anything more than passively guilty here, but nevertheless, he's ultimately responsible).

I feel bad for all involved. Hazing is moronically irresponsible.

Comment

• It's since been deleted. Anyone catch TP's latest tantrum?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• OK, because the war cry against individual threads here is a cause for some to go into cardiac arrest, I'll place this here....TALENT WISE ALONE(not emotional warts) could a current team of Burton, Sherfeld, Dennis, Udeze, Council, TP, Fernandes(the uninjured version) be close to a Final Four team, by themselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              OK, because the war cry against individual threads here is a cause for some to go into cardiac arrest, I'll place this here....TALENT WISE ALONE(not emotional warts) could a current team of Burton, Sherfeld, Dennis, Udeze, Council, TP, Fernandes(the uninjured version) be close to a Final Four team, by themselves?
              No, defense not good enough.

Comment

OK, because the war cry against individual threads here is a cause for some to go into cardiac arrest, I'll place this here....TALENT WISE ALONE(not emotional warts) could a current team of Burton, Sherfeld, Dennis, Udeze, Council, TP, Fernandes(the uninjured version) be close to a Final Four team, by themselves?
                Is IB still the HC?

This team doesn't make it to March Madness.

With a legit coach, and one with a strong enough personality to keep some egos in check, it might be a tournament team, but any team with TP is going to suffer.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Too many ME players and not enough WE players
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Elite Eight; some knucklehead “ME” player (credit to Fever) would cost us the chance to play in our third Final Four… and my bet would be on TP.

I'd say "TALEND WISE ALONE", yes...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Talent alone, that team’s ceiling is the Sweet Sixteen.

Which is to say, light years better than the team we have now.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Is IB still the HC?

This team doesn't make it to March Madness.

With a legit coach, and one with a strong enough personality to keep some egos in check, it might be a tournament team, but any team with TP is going to suffer.
                        Your last line about TP is the all time frustrating line....why can't he figure out that it's HIM that's the issue? Parents? Stupid? Not a bad talent but wasted along the way....

Comment

Your last line about TP is the all time frustrating line....why can't he figure out that it's HIM that's the issue? Parents? Stupid? Not a bad talent but wasted along the way....
                          As the old adage goes:

If it smells like everywhere you go, it's probably you.
                          78-65

Comment

• I accidentally caught some of ou the other night and stuck with it for a few, right after watching Creighton and Providence in a really good game.

Sherfield sure pushes the ball up the court. Full sprint.

Comment

• I think I see part of the problem from a few years ago.

TP is leading WVU in FGA. Sherfield is leading OU in FGA - by a mile. He's got 342 and second has 182. Burton is second at Pitt by just a small margin.

Sherfield and TP were NEVER going to be compatible on the same team - even with a stern disciplinarian for a coach.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I think I see part of the problem from a few years ago.

TP is leading WVU in FGA. Sherfield is leading OU in FGA - by a mile. He's got 342 and second has 182. Burton is second at Pitt by just a small margin.

Sherfield and TP were NEVER going to be compatible on the same team - even with a stern disciplinarian for a coach.
                                Agree with your last statement. However, I wouldn't put Burton anywhere near the kind of player the other 2 are. He's a team player. Yes, he is 2nd in FG attempts, but he is also 1st in minutes, 2nd in scoring (by .1), 3rd in rebounds, tied for 1st in assists (generally plays the 3 position), 1st in steals, 2nd in FG%, 4th in FT% at 84.8% (yes, the other 3 are between 85.4-91.7%).

Comment

Working...
                                X