Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    tied for 1st in assists (generally plays the 3 position)
    He plays the point for the Panthers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

He plays the point for the Panthers.
      Guess I thought that 6'0" grad student Nelly Cummings, who plays 32 mpg and leads the team in assists (125 to 6'4" Burton's 109) and has only 58 TOs (to Burton's 69) was the main point and 6'3" Elliott, who has shot 100 more 3s than Burton was the 2.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...sonal-reasons/ Fred to be a Daddy again
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• For a basketball player, he sure has some strong swimmers.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Another infamous pic of our current leader rallying the Shocker players.

Comment

• I'm about 1000% sure none of you saw the post KU Game interview with TP , but he actually had a mildly funny line...when asked how good the Big 12 was, he said best league by far...and then added(paraphrasing) 'i should know...I've played in four of them"...

Well, I thought it was funny....

Comment

• Ricky came off the bench once again and only had 11 points in 19 minutes. His stock seems to be slipping. Anyone have any insights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Ricky came off the bench once again and only had 11 points in 19 minutes. His stock seems to be slipping. Anyone have any insights?
                    While he did have fewer minutes than usual, no one for Arkansas had more than 13 points. In the 2 previous games, he played 30 and 28 minutes and scored 22 and 20. I do know that a freshman, Nick Smith, Jr, was getting regular minutes in early to mid-December and must have gotten injured as he didn't play after December 17 until February 11, and not as a regular again until Feb 18. Smith played 40 minutes against Alabama, just before this game in which he played 29 minutes. So, I'm guessing Smith has eaten into different players' minutes at different times upon returning. It appears by the play-by-play that Ricky played throughout the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Ricky came off the bench once again and only had 11 points in 19 minutes. His stock seems to be slipping. Anyone have any insights?
                      Only speculation on my part, but I've watched a few highlights and 'defense' might be the problem.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        I bet this really gets at least one assistant coach choked up.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Interestingly liked by both Dexter and Chaunce

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Interestingly liked by both Dexter and Chaunce
                            Well, a WSU fan could certainly be confused regarding how those statements could be interpreted. He played under 2 different coaches at WSU, each for 2 years. Teammates came in, some graduated, some left before he did, some left when he did, and others stayed. He asked to come back after going into the portal the first time and was accepted back. He and many of his teammates were joyous when his second WSU coach went from being the interim HC to full HC and then left him the next year.

Comment

• I liked Mo when he was here....still do...he had some strengths and some obvious areas to improve on. I have a nephew who is a big Lobo fan who has seen him play 4 times this season and his assessment of Mo as a skill set is about what people seemed to see here...capable offensively if limiting his dribble, reasonable shooter, good on boards.....I felt Mo got TONS of touches....missed a ton of bunnies...He DID say he was inconsistent to watch. I have no doubt that there must have been bad chemistry last season....there obviously was in Marshall's last season as well. Tyson might have gone from poster child of team play to the epitome of selfishness...looked that way at times. Is it resaonable that a young head coach might have handled that poorly? Absolutely...

I do find it interesting that almost no player EVER leaves and says" I was the problem"....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                I liked Mo when he was here....still do...he had some strengths and some obvious areas to improve on. I have a nephew who is a big Lobo fan who has seen him play 4 times this season and his assessment of Mo as a skill set is about what people seemed to see here...capable offensively if limiting his dribble, reasonable shooter, good on boards.....I felt Mo got TONS of touches....missed a ton of bunnies...He DID say he was inconsistent to watch. I have no doubt that there must have been bad chemistry last season....there obviously was in Marshall's last season as well. Tyson might have gone from poster child of team play to the epitome of selfishness...looked that way at times. Is it resaonable that a young head coach might have handled that poorly? Absolutely...

I do find it interesting that almost no player EVER leaves and says" I was the problem"....
                                I, too, like Mo. That is why I was a little surprised at volume of stone casting and all the directions they went. Not his usual character.

Also, his team didn't exactly light it up down the stretch going 2-6, although they generally played close games. I hope they win their conference tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X