Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Probably. After the criminal investigation has played out, the NCAA will probably contort this thing into lack of institutional control or something. Who knows?

Sounds like 4 or 5 kids needs to go to prison for conspiring to lure the player and premeditatively assaulting him with deadly force though.
    If I remember right from the original articles .. they did go to jail (at least initially arrested). If what was reported yesterday is true (big IF) .. at least 1 coach will be going to jail too

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Sarcasm meter.
      Thank you!:)

Comment

• GH gets let go from NMSU and WSU brings him in as a 'special assistant' ala Chris Jans. I wouldn't complain about that one bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          GH gets let go from NMSU and WSU brings him in as a 'special assistant' ala Chris Jans. I wouldn't complain about that one bit.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I don't see an issue with advising your players not to talk until they have representation. That is smart. Hiding the gun seems like a bigger issue, but to me it doesn't seem like Heier had much to do with that part.

Comment

• Sounds like heire took the gun as advised by the associate ad. Held it until asked for.
              I believe this to be another story the media is trying to make more interesting than it really is.

Self defense killing and now taking issue with the victim of the assault, team mates and coaches. Lock up the little turds that staged the ambush and shut the hell up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                Self defense killing and now taking issue with the victim of the assault, team mates and coaches. Lock up the little turds that staged the ambush and shut the hell up.
                If anybody ever doubted you're a Texan (at least at heart) ... case closed.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                  Sounds like heire took the gun as advised by the associate ad. Held it until asked for.
                  I believe this to be another story the media is trying to make more interesting than it really is.

Does seem odd that the focus is on the kid who was attacked because he is a NMSU basketball player. Not to say he was completely innocent in the matter, but just seems odd to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If anybody ever doubted you're a Texan (at least at heart) ... case closed.
                    About 30 yrs of my 66 we're in Texas, but moved to Oklahoma about 2 yrs ago . Kansan by birth and at heart! That Austin area is for the California weirdos!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      And no one has mentioned he's playing for the Taiwan Beer Herobears? Has anyone ever seen a Beer Herobear?

All name team, baby!

Most likely if they did, they weren't Sober.

Comment

• Go Shockers - Catching Up: Darin Miller

Darin Miller took his academics as seriously as his basketball during his career at Wichita State from 1993-97.

On the court, he helped new coach Randy Smithson revive the program with a 14-13 record in 1996-97, the program's first winning season since 1989.

Off the court, he earned Academic All-District and NCAA Post-Grad Scholar honors, in addition to a spot on the athletic directors honor roll in all eight of his semesters. He claimed the team's Shelley Cox Academic Leadership Award all four seasons.

Miller, from Wellington, started 65 games as a Shocker. He averaged 9.5 points and 6.2 rebounds as a senior. The Shockers started that season with wins over SMU, Kansas State and Cleveland State and later won eight of nine games. Fans responded and the Shockers drew 9,449 fans, up from 5,528 the previous season.

Miller, a 6-foot-9 forward, did some of his best work in Missouri Valley Conference play, averaging 10.4 points and 6.4 rebounds in 18 games. He led the Shockers with 24 points in a win over Missouri State and contributed 20 points and 13 rebounds in a win over Southern Illinois.
                        Q&A in the link
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Go Shockers - RH: Podcast With Authors Of Dave Stallworth Book

Before the arrival of Dave Stallworth, the Shockers had not won a Missouri Valley Conference basketball title, had not advanced to the NCAA Tournament and had not been ranked No. 1. Stallworth played for the Shockers from 1961-65 and his presence and those teams changed the program forever.

Attendance doubled. The Shockers powered to the top of the MVC, then perhaps the nation's top conference. The late Craig Miner, a historian and WSU professor, wrote that a victory over No. 1 Cincinnati in which Stallworth starred may have helped convince state legislators that the University of Wichita was worthy of inclusion in the state system in the early 1960's.

Bob Powers and Robert Litan are the co-authors of "The Life and Times of Dave "The Rave" Stallworth." Powers was a teammate of Stallworth's with the Shockers and a member of the 1965 Final Four team. Litan grew up in McPherson and Wichita as a Shocker fan watching the great teams of the early 1960s.

Stallworth, who died in March 2107, earned consensus All-American honors in 1964 and 1965. The New York Knicks picked him third in the 1965 NBA Draft and he won an NBA title with the Knicks in 1970.

All royalties from the book will be donated to the WSU Foundation for the David Stallworth Memorial Scholarship.

Podcast in link
                          . I won't get the chance to listen until later so I'm hopeful it's worth a post.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I won't get the chance to listen until later so I'm hopeful it's worth a post.
                            It was. Now I know what to buy to give to my wife to give to the grandkids to give to me for Christmas.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X