Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    So 23 wins is not winning.
    Throw out the first 16... they have no reflection on what happened when the going got tuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Do you think that could be a part of Marshall's problem? In his mind he is bigger and more important than the program?
      is this sarcasm ?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

By all means freak out all you want. Obviously people are. Burton still the only guy I’m surprised about and disappointed he’s leaving.
        So you were expecting 4 (5) transfers after the season and were ok with that?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I thought Burton and Fernandez left because Sherfield was staying. I don't believe that entering the portal requires a player to leave. If neither Burton nor Fernandez remove themselves from the portal and return to the Shox, then that theory is wrong.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Mike Kennedy says it is like this everywhere.....just the current culture.

Mike "back of the ledge" Kennedy channeling Monty Python

"tis but a scratch"

"just a flesh wound"

I created this for a friend on Facebook that was making a big deal over a little scratch.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So you were expecting 4 (5) transfers after the season and were ok with that?
              I expected people to transfer, yes. They always do. Never had a specific number in mind.

I am ok with them transferring. If they aren’t happy here I would not want them to stay around. That’s not going to benefit anyone involved.

Comment

• No worries. Pretty soon there will be a CoVid 19 based ban on transferring out of the city...

Comment

• Two things can be true at once.

Marshall is to blame and likely cost this team (which was very talented) a shot in the long run. He should do some introspection.

Out of all of these, only JB is really concerning. Two are due to playing time. ES and GS were pretty obvious before, and perhaps we will be better without.

Comment

• It appears many are not actually reading what Mike is saying.

Comment

It appears many are not actually reading what Mike is saying.
                      spin

Comment

• Ok, lets cut through the crap. ES was gone, majority of this board probably OK with. Dude has talent, but... bye. Not consistent at all.

Burton. Burton hurts.

Sherfield. Lots of potential. Lots of people complaining he had too long a leash. Quit the team. Lots of bad decisions in games. UCONN. Is he our future? Over-hyped. Our offense sucked all year, he did nothing to facilitate it. Jeez, the season wasn't that long ago, guys. Lest we forget all this.

Fernandes. Will we miss him? I dunno. He had a good game or 2, I guess. Not hatin on him, but was he awesome?

Gordon. That position was giving minutes away for free. But he didn't demand them. Not AAC talent? We'll see, but never stood out.

Busse. If you are fretting over him leaving, you are vurtue signalling.

We are freaking out over the optics of the defections on the program, for sure. Cause the talent, the talent an be replaced.

Our offense was HORRIBLE!!! Horrible.

Horrible.

These players aren't going to be missed. Im not a sunshine pumper, but from a basketball perspective, our team had warts. So did everyone leaving.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Why do I think that you are not the only season ticket holder have those or similar thoughts? Add that to the economic turmoil currently roiling the globe as a result of Covid-19 and things could get quite challenging next year from a revenue standpoint.

there has been a divergence between butts in seats and renewals for the past few years.. this is the first year that it gets pointed out. i'm somewhat confident that now you'll see the drop-off in season ticket renewals. the university will probably ratchet up the marketing campaign to sell ticket packages, individual game tickets and bogos further depreciating the value of a season ticket before finding equilibrium somewhere between half-season tickets with no saso contribution and discounted single game tickets.

Comment

• Here are the annual statistics for several years on Transfers:
                            Year Transfers # of Teams Average
                            2012 577 344 1.68
                            2013 672 347 1.94
                            2014 752 349 2.15
                            2015 826 351 2.35
                            2016 794 351 2.26
                            2017 894 351 2.55
                            2018 873 351 2.49
                            2019 997 353 2.82
                            2020 *TBD 352 *TBD

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Ok, lets cut through the crap. ES was gone, majority of this board probably OK with. Dude has talent, but... bye. Not consistent at all.

Burton. Burton hurts.

Sherfield. Lots of potential. Lots of people complaining he had too long a leash. Quit the team. Lots of bad decisions in games. UCONN. Is he our future? Over-hyped. Our offense sucked all year, he did nothing to facilitate it. Jeez, the season wasn't that long ago, guys. Lest we forget all this.

Fernandes. Will we miss him? I dunno. He had a good game or 2, I guess. Not hatin on him, but was he awesome?

Gordon. That position was giving minutes away for free. But he didn't demand them. Not AAC talent? We'll see, but never stood out.

Busse. If you are fretting over him leaving, you are vurtue signalling.

We are freaking out over the optics of the defections on the program, for sure. Cause the talent, the talent an be replaced.

Our offense was HORRIBLE!!! Horrible.

Horrible.

These players aren't going to be missed. Im not a sunshine pumper, but from a basketball perspective, our team had warts. So did everyone leaving.
                              Couldn't agree more. Lots of potential, but you have to act on that to actually achieve. ES was a slightly better AR in my opinion; very similar in many ways. Neither will take a team to the FF.
                              I recognize that "today's players" have egos that sometimes need nurturing, but to succeed, ESPECIALLY if you plan on playing at the pro level (which I suspect most of those leaving have as their goal) you also have to have MTXE ALL the time. I trust HCGM to read this capability in players, as well as demand it. I believe he thought they all had the capability or they wouldn't be here. But not all can grow.

Comment

I expected people to transfer, yes. They always do. Never had a specific number in mind.

I am ok with them transferring. If they aren’t happy here I would not want them to stay around. That’s not going to benefit anyone involved.
                                You are right... But sometimes we all need to take a step back and see if there's an underlying issue. 8/10 times it's due to playing time...1/10 times displinary .... Could the rest ever be on the coach?

Comment

Working...
                                X