No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I read somewhere that there were two camps in the locker room. Clearly TW, TE, and JE and maybe a few others were in the same camp.

I really hope Dex does stay at WSU. Imagine the season he could have with the right teammates playing the right positions...

Comment

• All in or gone...my new mantra

Comment

• It's good to hear from Trey. Tyson already wrote about his ready to go attitude and Alterique is obviously ready to go from his "commitment comments". Should be three of our leaders next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That’s what I love to read... Wade’s a warrior.
          Yeap. Wade is a warrior. And his statement shows what real leaders do. They don't run and hide. They don't blame others. They do what is necessary. They LEAD. They step up to the plate with the right attitude and say lets get her done boys.

Comment

• Of all the athletes from last year’s team, Wade was the one who just had that quiet but relentless attitude coupled with the junk yard dog mentality we’ve all come to love in the Shocker program. And he never exhibited any pouting or displeasure when pulled out of the game, probably because he needed the breather or understood the rotation. Second year JUCO players almost always blossom under Gregg’s tutelage. Trey is gonna be a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
              Of all the athletes from last year’s team, Wade was the one who just had that quiet but relentless attitude coupled with the junk yard dog mentality we’ve all come to love in the Shocker program. And he never exhibited any pouting or displeasure when pulled out of the game, probably because he needed the breather or understood the rotation. Second year JUCO players almost always blossom under Gregg’s tutelage. Trey is gonna be a beast.
              I 100% agree. The ironic part though? I believe Wade is the only player besides ES to get a tech this year lol. (Worst tech call I've ever seen)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I 100% agree. The ironic part though? I believe Wade is the only player besides ES to get a tech this year lol. (Worst tech call I've ever seen)
                Did anyone ever uncover what was behind that tech? Agreed it was one of the strangest calls I've ever seen. Was it brought up at all in postgame?

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Did anyone ever uncover what was behind that tech? Agreed it was one of the strangest calls I've ever seen. Was it brought up at all in postgame?
                  Wade questioned a call. Was told not to question the ref, and then didn't drop his line of questioning. Etienne got between Wade and the ref and was pushing Wade away from the ref. Wade wasn't doing anything you don't routinely see 5 or 10 times in every game. He just ran into a ref who forgot to take his Midol that day.

That's all speculation. Wade said something to the ref. The ref said something, turned his back and started walking away. Wade took a step in the direction of the ref (that's where Etienne entered the situation), said a few more words. and got the instant T. No yelling. No big demonstration, some gesturing. Looked for all the world like the typical "what did I do".

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Wade is horribly undersized for a 4 in the AAC. I think I'd take Ramon Clemente over him in pickup game. Gives his all though, which stands out on this team.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      Wade is horribly undersized for a 4 in the AAC. I think I'd take Ramon Clemente over him in pickup game. Gives his all though, which stands out on this team.
                      Well Ramon Clemente doesn't have any eligibility left so...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Well Ramon Clemente doesn't have any eligibility left so...
                        The point I was making that escaped you is that Clemente was the level of player we could get in 2008 after a coaching change to play in the Vallley. I think he had more tangibles as a 4 than Wade recruited into a likely to dance team in the AAC with a decade plus of consistency. That really can't happen too often.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

The point I was making that escaped you is that Clemente was the level of player we could get in 2008 after a coaching change to play in the Vallley. I think he had more tangibles as a 4 than Wade recruited into a likely to dance team in the AAC with a decade plus of consistency. That really can't happen too often.
                          Trump
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Wade is a favorite of mine and a tremendous athlete. Could be 6”6 (listed 6’7) but seems long and jumps very well . I thought he played well for year one as a Shocker & Juco players generally show great progress in coach Marshall’s system in year two. Know Clemente was a warrior,, but I feel Wade is so much more skilled then he was in college. Think the game is changing to more speed and athletic players at both the 4 and 5 position. Keyontae Johnson that we recruited a few years ago, started at the 4 for Florida as a freshman (could play the 2)..

Also think all the players will perform better with true point guards running the show. I’m very excited about our new commitments that will be running the team next year.

No problem if any of you feel differently because I think Wade is a true 3. Love the Carl Hall types at the 4 with the strength, mobility, and post up game. When Carl did play the 4 as a junior he had to adapt his game to the perimeter. I think Ben Smith stated his first year and Carl played major minutes as his backup as well as Garrett Stutz. Ben was 6’5 maybe, and Wessell was probably 6”4 and they both played the position for us.

Last edited by homegrownshocker; April 4, 2020, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• As I have said before, Wade was actually taller then he really is.

Wade is a member of the vaunted "No Neck Club".

Meaning he plays bigger and longer than his listed height.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Wade goes to bat for our coach and our program on social media, and people are bashing him on his height and saying he isn’t as good as Ramon Clemente? What the heck is wrong with you people? The guy is solid, a glue guy, and a potential senior leader for all these incoming freshmen. Support our guys when they pledge their allegiance, don’t knock them down!

Comment

Working...
                                X