2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

THEY AREN'T LEAVING BECAUSE OF PLAYING TIME THEY'RE LEAVING BECAUSE GREGG IS A PSYCHO THAT TREATS THEN LIKE GARBAGE. Why don't you guys want to admit this?
    ding, ding, ding

Comment

• The exodus buys Gregg 2 more years of excuses. 1. had too many graduates and unexpected transfers/draft entrants 2. Only have 2 seniors and a bunch of freshmen, give them time, 3. Only have a bunch of freshmen and sophomores, give them time, 4. Had too many unexpected transfers, give us time
      and on and on and one.......

Comment

• Maybe the players didn't get along with eachother?

Comment

• Sorry, I just need a laugh. Go ahead. Ban me.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
            I don’t think the issue is kids “today.”

HCGM is great when he has the resources and talent to dominate leagues. Not so much when he doesn’t have a “heads and shoulders” advantage in talent. Which shouldn’t be surprising, because a lot of coaches can’t overcome the “Jimmy’s and Joe’s.”

He is such a hard person for many people to deal with. Radio hosts, local business, conference administrators, parents, assistants - the list goes on and on.

For him and more importantly his players - the relief valve is winning. Without sustained winning all hell breaks loose.

I wish I had an idea to fix it, but unfortunately we left the perfect job and conference for him three years ago. The AD and president that hired and controlled him are long gone.
            Dare we mention the Peter Principle?

Comment

• Losing 1 contributer and 2 or 3 end of bench players....I wouldnt be worried.

Losing what we have lost SO FAR....I dont see how you can spin that we will be better off.......or that you arent upset.......

This is very....very.....bad. This has to be on the coach mostly. It definitely feels like a coordinated attack.....

I am not panicking. Because....well.....at the end of the day I have better things to worry about. But it is troubling to say the least......
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I don’t think the issue is kids “today.”

HCGM is great when he has the resources and talent to dominate leagues. Not so much when he doesn’t have a “heads and shoulders” advantage in talent. Which shouldn’t be surprising, because a lot of coaches can’t overcome the “Jimmy’s and Joe’s.”

He is such a hard person for many people to deal with. Radio hosts, local business, conference administrators, parents, assistants - the list goes on and on.

For him and more importantly his players - the relief valve is winning. Without sustained winning all hell breaks loose.

I wish I had an idea to fix it, but unfortunately we left the perfect job and conference for him three years ago. The AD and president that hired and controlled him are long gone.
                I'm happy that we moved to the AAC, but there's not a whole lot to pick apart in this.

Like I've said elsewhere, I think it's clear Gregg's temperature has been running a whole lot hotter since we came to the American. It's not like this generation of players is all that different than they were 5 years ago.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• With ZERO PGs, other players may feel a need to look out for their own future welfare. Unless something miraculous happens, next year could easily be tougher than the 2018-19 season.

I have no idea why JB would have left if he knew who all were leaving. Certainly not due to a lack of playing time in the future as he would have been the starting PG and back-up 3.

Consider me concerned enough to expect some honest answers (not that we'll get any).

Comment

And apparently even winning is not enough anymore. Between the last 18 games of last year and the 1st 16 games of this season the Shockers were 29-5.

Comment

• Would love to hear from the school/program. Not holding my breath though.

Welcome to Wichita President Golden.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I too believe that the players have had enough. There needs to be some serious questions asked in the athletic department. It's one thingnfornthat many players to leave when there is a coaching change. However, it's a whole different story when there isnt a coaching change. Is Marshall a good coach? I believe he is. Is he the right coach for this program? I'm not so sure about that now.

Comment

• "... damn them all to hell!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Either JB didn’t know about defections or he didn’t like the coaching staff. Those are my speculations.

Comment

• So let me get this straight from a season ticket holder perspective:

Ticket prices sky rocket- Move to better conference and success to back up the prices.
                              Enter 'young team' excuse.
                              Late November during a stretch of Directional A&M buy games the fans get called out for lack of support.
                              UCONN post game- GGG "we have somethings to work on, but that's why I'm gainfully employed"
                              2-3 weeks later team is still lost- "I have no idea what to do with this team, I don't understand it"
                              Now- 5 scholarship players have left, 3 of whom were major contributors. (ES is an outlier here, that divorce belonged in Hollywood).
                              Coach- Silence.

Guess what time of year it is now? Ticket renewal season...... How exactly are we supposed to feel right now? All the in game short comings, being told over the years to "you worry about your (blue collar job) and let me coach basketball", the arrogance to call out the fans, then call out the fans again for not using their flashlights during intros.... Now the "young team that just needs time" just imploded. And, there is a 100% chance SASO donation requirements will increase as they do every year. Someone sell me on how the product is worth the already high and increasing cost?

Like was said earlier, I believe the head man needs to do a little soul searching for a minute. Too many players and coaches have come and gone, at some point, its the lone constant that is to blame.
                              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Well, we obviously won't compete for an NCAA berth next season, which is the first time we can definitively say that since moving to the AAC.

That said, I wonder what would have happened had we had a chance to play into the NCAA tournament. Winning cures a lot of ills, and I think some players that left would have stuck it out had they seen that payoff.

Marshall won't get much more rope. He needs to show he can complete this rebuild and needs to approach it he did rebuilding from Turgeon. I don't recall a bunch of players complaining about Marshall being abusive when we went 11-20 in 2008 or 17-17 in 2009, or swaths of transfers year after year minus the Turgeon recruits early on.

Expectations will be lower, but not for long. This is a problem of Marshall's own doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X