2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That and shooting a rifle. I was a rifle expert in Marine Corp. When you shoot a rifle you lock your shooting arm elbow as far as you can to the other side of your body. Same shooting a free throw, except after the elbow is in position you turn your wrist out as far as you can. It lines up almost perfectly straight in front of you. Adust feet for the left to right adjustments.
    in the Marine Corp they call it being a machine, same could be said for free throws
    When you went to the range did you ever shoot for cheeseburgers. That was a popular bet in our battalion.

Comment

• And then there is the under handed, bank in free throw shot of yesteryear. It may be an admission that you're not a very good free throw shooter but it has worked for some players.

Comment

• When I worked with young kids with flying elbows, I gave them drill shooting while lying on their back. Elbow tuck and pure rotation. If the ball doesn't come right back to your hand, you're doing it wrong. Also tends to improve trajectory. He would break his apartment windows with his current stroke.
        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Well, I wouldn't play for him.
          You’re also 106 years old.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            If it's not possible to get into a gym get Udeze a dart board. The stroke for throwing a dart and shooting a free throw are virtually identical.
            One hundred and EIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shock Top;n1238314]

Easy answer.
              Really, it is.
              It was clear to see there were problems in the locker room.
              Knowing this, and seeing who all has left, it's not hard to figure out what that problem was.
              Stupid influences lead to stupid decisions.
              Then, you go home and realize the situation wasn't all that bad.
              Even though you were friends with that person, they don't necessarily know what's best for you.
              Visiting with you family and coaches will reveal that.
              Even though a coach may be tough on you, he is only trying to get the best out of you.
              Now that you have had time to clear your head and see for yourself, it's becoming clearer.
              Seeing that the grass isn't greener elsewhere has help.
              Opening your eyes and seeing for yourself that you have great opportunity here has help.
              Now, it's time to kick a** and show Shocker fan and the coaching staff you are ready to take the next step.[/QUOTE
              post of the year!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

Who was the kid that went to Sunrise Christian? I remember watching him one time. The whole offense was him shooting off of a multitude of screens. I think he averaged like 30pts a game. Just can't remember his name. Or, any physical stats about him.
                Buddy Hield? Worked out pretty good for him.

Comment

• A good dart stroke has your throwing hand directly between your dominant eye and your target. Your upper arm is exactly straight up and down. You draw your arm back toward your face keeping the target, your dart and your eye in alignment. Then you throw it. Your upper arm will go forward the same way you brought it back, unless you consciously change it. Have a good follow through, and minimal body motion other than a natural follow through.

I hadn't shot a basketball for about 15 or 20 years, but I had thrown darts during that time. I had a chance to throw some FT's and hit 50% and 3/4 of what I hit was nothing but net. When I played basketball, the weakest part of my game was that I struggled hitting shots. I was worse than ES.

I know, people are going to say "darts, that's just a kid's game". My wife and I entered a $106,000 international tourney in Vegas. I finished top 16 in one event and my wife made F4 in one event. The team of 4 my wife was on took out the Taiwan national team, then the Canadian national team, then lost to the USA national team in the F4.

WTH, it's the offseason and I'm telling stories. Last BB I played was a Y league when I was in my 30's and playing PG for a team of KEYN employees. I averaged close to 10 assists per game. I could always beat the guy guarding me into the lane, but only going to my right. I knew I couldn't finish at the rim or hit a mid-range pullup or an open shot from 17'. The scouting in a Y league wasn't real good. I always pulled the defender on our SG to me when I got into the lane. Our SG had been a HS coach before he got into advertising and was deadly from 3. I'd just drive past my guy with our SG on my right, pull his defender and pass the ball to the hot hand.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Your totally right. Try putting your right arm straight out, palm down, then move your arm to your left, them bend your elbow so your hand is up . It locks the position of your elbow so it's not a guess. It a hard stop. And yes it will be left of your right shoulder, but now twist your wrist as far to the right as you can. Another hard stop. From here it the finger tips and follow through you mention
                    Last edited by Atxshoxfan; April 21, 2020, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Most bad free throw shooters throw their elbows out away from their body. Good shooters keep their elbow in front of them.

Comment

• Mo's free throws would improve If only a few Shockerneters could get half an hour with him. HCGM and his staff just need to buy a dart board and get out of the way.

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                          Mo's free throws would improve If only a few Shockerneters could get half an hour with him. HCGM and his staff just need to buy a dart board and get out of the way.

lol
                          I would agree to Coach him yes thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                            Your totally right. Try putting your right arm straight out, palm down, then move your arm to your left, them bend your elbow so your hand is up . It locks the position of your elbow so it's not a guess. It a hard stop. And yes it will be left of your right shoulder, but now twist your wrist as far to the right as you can. Another hard stop. From here it the finger tips and follow through you mention
                            I think that’s how Henry Carr did it...

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                              I think that’s how Henry Carr did it...

"Carr also sank 3 of 4 free throws in the final 43 seconds, sealing the outcome by providing a 52-43 lead."
                              Henry Carr scored all of his 12 points in the second half Tuesday night to help rally Wichita State to a 54-49 victory over No. 18 Kansas, the Jayhawks'...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                If it's not possible to get into a gym get Udeze a dart board. The stroke for throwing a dart and shooting a free throw are virtually identical.
                                I'm all for unconventional coaching methods. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

]
                                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X