2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

I've seen him on a bunch of mock drafts but 90% have him going early to mid 2nd round. Maybe he wanted to be a a solid first rounder before making the jump.

BTW, I think he has an overly involved dad like some others we know.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

I've seen him on a bunch of mock drafts but 90% have him going early to mid 2nd round. Maybe he wanted to be a a solid first rounder before making the jump.

BTW, I think he has an overly involved dad like some others we know.
      VT fans on the collegebasketball subreddit have also said he was kind of a brickshooting ball hog down the stretch this season, too.

Let it rain!

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

VT fans on the collegebasketball subreddit have also said he was kind of a brickshooting ball hog down the stretch this season, too.

Let it rain!

"Dwight, I was open!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          Ricky went to juco in California before he went to Tulsa. Marin Co. He scored tons of points then finished at TU.
          My five minutes of fame includes the fact that I played against 4 future NBA players in high school; I always said Ricky should've been #5.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

My five minutes of fame includes the fact that I played against 4 future NBA players in high school; I always said Ricky should've been #5.
            I graduated from Wichita South High in 83. Dude was a stud!

then again, as a freshman/sophomore, all the older guys were studs in my eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I graduated from Wichita South High in 83. Dude was a stud!

then again, as a freshman/sophomore, all the older guys were studs in my eye.
              I was a 1979 grad. Saw every game Ricky played in high school from the bench (not as a player, but as a manager). I still contend we was the best GWAL player of all-time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I was a 1979 grad. Saw every game Ricky played in high school from the bench (not as a player, but as a manager). I still contend we was the best GWAL player of all-time.
                Do you remember who was the coach?

Comment

Where did you play and what years? I assume you played against AC, Darnell Valentine, Greg Dreiling and who was the other NBA player (Aubrey Sherrod was drafted by the Bulls, but never played a regular season game)? I graduated from South in 1979 and saw the greatest era of GWAL ever when it came to basketball.

Comment

Do you remember who was the coach?
                    I was under Bill Himebaugh. Greg Guice (RIP) coached from about 1980-85.

Comment

• Coach Guice, that's who I was thinking. Could picture his face but not the name. Sad to hear he's no longer with us. Good guy.

Comment

Coach Guice, that's who I was thinking. Could picture his face but not the name. Sad to hear he's no longer with us. Good guy.
                        Yea, very cool coach. Was an assistant under Himebaugh for several years. Those were the days!!!

Comment

• Ricky Ross attended several of our home games last fall and spring. He always sat on the front row with the ‘Klee Watchous’ clan (Klee’s a great guy and big-time Shocker supporter). Ricky (didn’t we call him “silk” back when?) looks like he could still play today. I was very disappointed that he never donned a Shocker uniform. Always thought he had the ‘tools’ to be like Reggie Miller. Not sure what his roadblocks were, but heard a few rumors back in the day.

Comment

• For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.

John Greenleaf Whittier

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Where did you play and what years? I assume you played against AC, Darnell Valentine, Greg Dreiling and who was the other NBA player (Aubrey Sherrod was drafted by the Bulls, but never played a regular season game)? I graduated from South in 1979 and saw the greatest era of GWAL ever when it came to basketball.
                              Scott Hastings from Independence. I played for little Arkansas City in the 70's. Ask any of them and I'm SURE they'll remember me! ;-) I remember Darnell's legs; one of his calves was as big as both of mine!

Comment

Scott Hastings from Independence. I played for little Arkansas City in the 70's. Ask any of them and I'm SURE they'll remember me! ;-) I remember Darnell's legs; one of his calves was as big as both of mine!
                                Hastings had a nice NBA career, including a championship with Detroit. He once went 65 games in the NBA without a steal. Talk about random.

Comment

Working...
                                X