2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    Most bad free throw shooters throw their elbows out away from their body. Good shooters keep their elbow in front of them.
    Another common problem is too fast a transition from taking the ball back to shooting position and then moving it forward to begin the shot. Oscar Robertson balanced the ball on one hand, in shooting position, and pushed the ball toward the basket, no backward motion, whatsoever. He was pretty good!
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Lol this is such a mess

Comment

• I’ll believe *******.

lol
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ******* wants this transfer thing to happen so bad, man.

Comment

• Transferred to Better Program = None

Transferred to Equal Program = Morris Udeze (caused he stayed home)

Transferred to lesser program = the rest of them

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Transferred to Better Program = None

Texas Tech is equal or better to us IMO. At least in recent history. That said, JB was also the only one I felt like was a major loss to us. Where they ended up seems to align with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Texas Tech is equal or better to us IMO. At least in recent history. That said, JB was also the only one I felt like was a major loss to us. Where they ended up seems to align with that.
                    And he will not get more minutes there. He is moving for less playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Last 5 years, KenPom has us neck and neck with WSU by a nose. Last 10 years it’s not even close.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Last 5 years, KenPom has us neck and neck with WSU by a nose. Last 10 years it’s not even close.
                        But last 10 years is not really relevant to the current status of the two programs. Comparing since Chris Beard took over is most relevant, and last year they were national runner-up and the year before that they were in the Elite 8. As for Kenpom since Beard took over:
                        Year Texas Tech Wichita State
                        16-17 41 8
                        17-18 11 21
                        18-19 5 66
                        19-20 21 39
                        Other than in Beard's first year, Tech has been ahead of WSU in Kenpom since Beard took over. Does that mean that Texas Tech is historically as good a program as Wichita State? No. But in terms of a player moving to another team, the team's recent success is a more relevant measure of whether that player made a upward, downward, or lateral move. As such, you would say that Burton made at least a lateral move if not a slight upgrade.

No one else made even close to a lateral move, but Burton clearly had the talent to attract the attention of top level programs.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Transferred to Better Program = None

I would argue Mo transferred to a better program!
                          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

And he will not get more minutes there. He is moving for less playing time.
                            And most likely less PG time

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

But last 10 years is not really relevant to the current status of the two programs. Comparing since Chris Beard took over is most relevant, and last year they were national runner-up and the year before that they were in the Elite 8. As for Kenpom since Beard took over:
                              Year Texas Tech Wichita State
                              16-17 41 8
                              17-18 11 21
                              18-19 5 66
                              19-20 21 39
                              Other than in Beard's first year, Tech has been ahead of WSU in Kenpom since Beard took over. Does that mean that Texas Tech is historically as good a program as Wichita State? No. But in terms of a player moving to another team, the team's recent success is a more relevant measure of whether that player made a upward, downward, or lateral move. As such, you would say that Burton made at least a lateral move if not a slight upgrade.

No one else made even close to a lateral move, but Burton clearly had the talent to attract the attention of top level programs.
                              In terms of programs I get what you’re saying. In terms of the move for JB, it’s a move down because he will not be the man and he will not progress like he would have at WSU. Book it. Fewer minutes. Not the main man at point. All the things he said he wanted here. Not a lateral move in those respects.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Another common problem is too fast a transition from taking the ball back to shooting position and then moving it forward to begin the shot. Oscar Robertson balanced the ball on one hand, in shooting position, and pushed the ball toward the basket, no backward motion, whatsoever. He was pretty good!
                                I missed seeing all Shocker home games from 1960--2,000. Has any visiting player, other than Oscar, every scored 50 or more points versus the Shockers at home?

Comment

Working...
                                X