2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

And I’ll buy you a bottle of ketchup to make it go down easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      To be fair, by re-committing to WSU, he essentially did reject Minnesota’s offer ;)
      Maybe, maybe not. Are you saying it is not possible that Mo told Minnesota that he wanted to accept their offer and Minnesota said where not quite ready to close on the yet Mo. We need you hold on for a little while yet (while we try to lure a guy we thing is better than you).

Do you really think that this teams with say 4 or 5 openings that have 20 to 30 offers made just automatically take the first 4 for 5 guys that say I accept? My guess is the coaches all have their wish list. If you are at the top of a wish list and say I accept no doubt the deal will get sealed. But if you aren't at or very near the top of the wish list it appears that you may not necessarily be met with open arms if you are the first to say I do. I could be wrong about this but it sure seems doesn't seem like these offers are totally unconditional in many, if not, most cases.

Is it possible that Mo wanted to accept one or more of the offers he allegedly had but that the other party was not yet quite ready to pull the trigger.

Comment

All Academic maybe, cause you drunk on the All-Conference basketball theme.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Anticipation

Comment

• After all this, I feel pretty good about next years team. Good job to Gregg Marshall and staff for righting the ship. I like the balance of older guys transferring in, talented guys who have been through some stuff staying with the team, and the new guys coming in. Kind of reminds me of the balance of the 2012-13 team that had the older guys who were hungry to do something special in their last year combined with the talent of the new guys, which was why that team was so good. We kept probably the two best players from last year (Dennis and Etienne, so long as Dennis stays), added a really good fifth year transfer to run point (Gilbert), have these talented new guys like Porter and Jenkins, and kept a lot of our post presence (Wade, Udeze, Bilau, Poor Bear). I think these guys are going to be pretty good. Just got to keep their heads on straight. Turn off the social media if you have to. Play basketball and go to school.

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
              Not a fan of him for testing the market for a greener pasteur to only come back because no one wants him. Not a fan of the coaches for taking him back. It's not the same. Should've used the opportunity to upgrade. But what do I know.
              I guess there goes our chance of getting a big athletic center. Of course, there was no guarantee that any center would have signed with us. I hope Mo has a good year. I would consider it a bust if Mo doesn't improve a lot. That means playing smarter defense and improving his offense. I'd like him to be able to hit the short range jump shot out to 15 feet. Being able to hit the 15-foot jumper should automatically make him a better FT shooter.

Comment

• No question Mo is not a good FT shooter, but I think its kind of funny how often it was brought up this year while a couple of other bigs got a pass.

Mo played in 28 games at 10 min per game. Midtgaard played in 24 games at 8 min per game. Mo was 15% better than Midtgaard who only made 33% of his free-throws.

Mo was 10% better than Poor-Bear who played in 23 games.

Thank God we had JE. All the other three were terrible from the line... and for the one that left, "terrible" might be too kind.

Comment

• nm
                  Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 20, 2020, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• I think both Bilau and Udeze project better than any bigs Marshall could have brought in this late. With Udeze back, the question becomes whether Bilau can learn two positions and sub at both the 4 and the 5.

I think Bilau has the potential to be the big man lunker Shocker fans have been looking for. He's mobile enough to defend PF's.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Eh, I was going to get a pair of women’s edible undies. I would take a bottle of bourbon to wash them down with. Like 100 proof BSB.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Let’s just get all on board and support Mo. I predict a breakout Junior year!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

How do you know he did not try to accept it?
                          I don't personally know; I chose to believe MU's tweet due to Kyle Linsted being an Assistant at Minnesota. KL recruited Mo for the Shockers, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            I'd like him to be able to hit the short range jump shot out to 15 feet. Being able to hit the 15-foot jumper should automatically make him a better FT shooter.
                            Whew...I dunno. That would be great and all but man...his form is atrocious at the line so if he can't hit those baby's...well I guess I'd be more surprised if I woke up tomorrow morning with my forehead stapled to the carpet.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Whew...I dunno. That would be great and all but man...his form is atrocious at the line so if he can't hit those baby's...
                              Get Mike Cohen on the phone!

Comment

• Had to check ES twitter page to see if he re-tweeted Udeze’s commitment, followed by #theprocess or #eat, but alas, he was silent on his buddy’s decision. #somefriend

Comment

Working...
                                X