No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach; I would prefer he retire at the end of this season. Poorly managed, needless dramas each season; his post game interviews are the same pablum with no real insight into what happened in the game (other than recitation of the printed sheet of game statistics provided to him by Mike Kennedy) and his Monday night radio show with Kennedy is not worth the time to find it on the internet. Reminds me of Bobby Knight at Indiana, a coach who reached the Zenith of his career and then entered a free fall until the University terminated him.

Three coaches I hope Boatright has on speed dial are Chris Jans (NMSU), Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Bob Richey (Furman). IMO any of the three would be an excellent replacement for Marshall at less than a third of the current annual salary paid to Marshall.

Listen to and read what Coach Wedge offers if you want to witness a coach engaged in explaining what his team/players are doing and how he plans to make them better. Attached link was conducted in June 2019 with more recent video available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach; I would prefer he retire at the end of this season. Poorly managed, needless dramas each season; his post game interviews are the same pablum with no real insight into what happened in the game (other than recitation of the printed sheet of game statistics provided to him by Mike Kennedy) and his Monday night radio show with Kennedy is not worth the time to find it on the internet. Reminds me of Bobby Knight at Indiana, a coach who reached the Zenith of his career and then entered a free fall until the University terminated him.

Three coaches I hope Boatright has on speed dial are Chris Jans (NMSU), Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Bob Richey (Furman). IMO any of the three would be an excellent replacement for Marshall at less than a third of the current annual salary paid to Marshall.

Listen to and read what Coach Wedge offers if you want to witness a coach engaged in explaining what his team/players are doing and how he plans to make them better. Attached link was conducted in June 2019 with more recent video available.
      Now THAT is a hot take.

Comment

I know this post will not be popular.

Outstanding take. Rack him!

Comment

I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach; I would prefer he retire at the end of this season. Poorly managed, needless dramas each season; his post game interviews are the same pablum with no real insight into what happened in the game (other than recitation of the printed sheet of game statistics provided to him by Mike Kennedy) and his Monday night radio show with Kennedy is not worth the time to find it on the internet. Reminds me of Bobby Knight at Indiana, a coach who reached the Zenith of his career and then entered a free fall until the University terminated him.

That is the most ignorant take I've read in a while on SN !! Marshall had a total rebuild 2 seasons ago and hasn't missed the postseason in what ??? 10 years ?? And we are on the bubble this season with one of the youngest teams in the NCAA... Point to any WSU MBB Coach who can come close to that record.

Then you suggest replacing him with one of his disciples ?? Wow !!

The level of stupidity in this post is reaching a new low around here and that's saying something.

Comment

You are 100% right. For reference, I stopped reading after the first sentence.

​​​

Comment

Not a fan of winning?

Look, I know the man has his faults. But they ain’t worth wanting him to hang it up at the end of the year. Good Lord.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You want arguably the best coach WSU has ever had, a guy who spurned multiple offers from schools that “experts” and plenty of people on this board would have said are better jobs than WSU to stay at a school in the Missouri Valley Conference (god bless it), a guy without whom we would still be in the MVC, to retire?

...because of some internet rumors and his appearances on post game radio and coaches shows?

I don’t care how popular that take is, it’s one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on this board and that’s saying something.

We are in year two of a rebuild in a brand new conference. Last year we finished 6th, NIT berth and semifinals appearance with the inexperience and all the crap that we had to deal with (6 seniors graduate, Lomax, Shamet pro, Reaves leaves, Teddy Allen Huggins’d). Some were calling it Marshall’s best coaching job of his tenure at WSU.

Pending the last four games we are on track to finish top 4 in the league and make a return to the NCAA tourney. Hell, we could very easily be in first place right now if a few things had gone slightly different. There is one senior and one junior on the roster who play significant minutes.

We are on an upward trajectory overall and your opinion is that Marshall should retire? My opinion is that is that you should retire from Shockernet for saying something so ridiculous.

Comment

I'd like George Washington chiseled off of Mount Rushmore. What's that dude done for us lately?
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

You, sir, are out of your skull.

Comment

• Being wildly successful is the only thing which will get Donald J. Trump re-elected. Virtually half the country wants him replaced because he is loud, mean, conceited, and rude.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Being wildly successful is the only thing which will get Donald J. Trump re-elected. Virtually half the country wants him replaced because he is loud, mean, conceited, and rude.
                        You should retire too.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You should retire too.
                          for what?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

for what?
                            Lifetime achievement award.

Comment

• giphy.gifOk then

Apparently I need to learn how to post gifs
                              Attached Files

Comment

I know this post will not be popular.
                                Well, you got that right. The rest of your post, well, I’m just gonna have to disagree.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X