Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Is there a link for that info? The only think I've seen is on here where someone said they heard he quit and then changed his mind. The only direct thing I've seen was someone telling Taylor Eldridge on twitter about rumors that Sherfield quit the team. Taylor's response was that he remains on the team.

I'm not saying none of this didn't happen. Right now there isn't a written source giving all the details.
    Do you honestly think Taylor is gonna get anything out of this from Marshall? Apparently Marshall already scoffs him for him asking about plays in a game. You're not going to hear anything "official" on this but that doesn't mean nothing happened.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; February 27, 2020, 10:23 AM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

No mention of the most recent combo guard prior to GS - Landry Shamet?? Wouldn't fit the narrative....
      NBA Level guys can play about any position in college and get away with it. Our current guards aren’t close to Landry’s level.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I suspect that with 3G's demanding and somewhat combative style that these kind of conflicts are more common than we realize or ever hear about.
        This should not surprise people (not saying it surprised you).
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• From a friend-

Listened to Don Hall on radio this morning. At first of week, player asked Marshall to transfer. Next day, asked not to transfer. Marshall has shouting match at recent practice. 3 factions in locker room: group upset Dex left; group upset with their playing time; group upset with playing time of their buddies. Ech is serving as “peace keeper”

Comment

• if this is true, i’d play the walkons with etch and the other non whiners.

Comment

• All this speculation is getting us no where. Something happened, I'm sure. But, no one on here has an accurate picture of what happened or didn't happen, so my suggestion is that everyone stop gossiping, and trying to be a psychologist, or Kreskin (reading minds), and figure out what may or may not have happened the other day, and move on to our game tonight against Temple.

Temple is our next game. Go Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
                From a friend-

Listened to Don Hall on radio this morning. At first of week, player asked Marshall to transfer. Next day, asked not to transfer. Marshall has shouting match at recent practice. 3 factions in locker room: group upset Dex left; group upset with their playing time; group upset with playing time of their buddies. Ech is serving as “peace keeper”
                Don airing this out on the public airwaves? Interesting. His employment at WSU may be in jeopardy.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  All this speculation is getting us no where. Something happened, I'm sure. But, no one on here has an accurate picture of what happened or didn't happen, so my suggestion is that everyone stop gossiping, and trying to be a psychologist, or Kreskin (reading minds), and figure out what may or may not have happened the other day, and move on to our game tonight against Temple.

Temple is our next game. Go Shox.
                  It's a message board.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I disagree. If he is, in fact, unhappy and is going to leave in any case he might as well take off now. Hanging around may be more of distraction and detraction than heading out now in that case. That's assuming these rumors are anywhere close to being accurate which at the moment is hard to say for sure.
                    I understand your point, and it's a valid one that our Coaching Staff will think through closely. Tonight will shed some light for us on what Coach Marshall decides is best for the Shocks and GS. My guess is GS will not start, but will play and finish out the Season. I'm hoping he stays here all 4 years if he wants to fully follow the Marshall Plan. Shaq had his moments early on and we sure are glad he stayed on as a Shocker. I'm thinking FVV and Baker may have assisted him on how to do so. I'm also glad DD is still with us. Coach Marshall also helped Coach Jan's when he lost his job at Bowling Green. Setbacks happen. In the meanwhile, Coach Marshall is still shaving smoothly every day and recruiting to fill in any gaps that could present themselves in the future. I'm not worried. A strong finish of winning a series of the close matchups ahead would be what the Doc ordered. It's the Shocks turn to win these close ones and make shots and play smarter as in times past. Temple is getting on my last nerve, and I predict we will defeat them tonight.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Don airing this out on the public airwaves? Interesting. His employment at WSU may be in jeopardy.
                      heaven for bid someone tell the truth...

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

heaven for bid someone tell the truth...
                        That's highly verboten with Boatright. Better to keep the shades drawn and public eyes off of the inner workings of your publicly-funded department within a state university.

Comment

• So all, I know is that I had THOUGHT about letting a friend use my seat tonight, but NOT NOW, NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Comment

• Don’t like hearing about the Dex ‘faction’ but I don’t give a rats a## about the other two.

nobody in the history of team sports plays significantly less minutes then they think they deserve and likes it.

Comment

• So now that we have another year with some drama. This leads me to another question. Who do you think will leave the program. Every year someone leaves. This time i expect at least 3 to leave. Some could be starters for sure. But who ????

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It's a gossip board.
                                FIFY

Comment

Working...
                                X