Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    Purely a guess, but I’d ponder that the group that is upset about Dex is upset he left the team and now has come back and is getting more minutes than them.
    They shouldn't be. He's a top defender and is shooting 41% (23-56) from 3 over the last 10 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Not your wife, and not HCGM, (maybe a little of mine)....but....(please don't ban me)

Banned for speaking the truth?!?! ;)
      The Assman

Comment

• I guess I’d like to know who would be transferring to “high major” programs based on their play this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
          I guess I’d like to know who would be transferring to “high major” programs based on their play this year?
          I’m guessing there’s 50+ ‘low major’ “high major”s that would take them in a New York minute.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sports daily talked about it. Couple things said I found interesting.

1. They sent a person to practice to see if anybody was missing. Grant was there.

2. They said WSU has did a good job of keeping this stuff in-house, and this is one of the few cases where it has spilled out into the public.

3. They brought Wedge into the discussion. Evidently Wedge told the players (baseball) they need to look at themselves in the mirror and be truthful with themselves. If they can not do what going to be asked of themselves, then they need to look at moving somewhere else that is better fit(my paraphrase).
            Last edited by SB Shock; February 27, 2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• When I hear these rumors I alawys think of Shaq Morris.. Hang tough, work hard and good things will come.
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I guess I’d like to know who would be transferring to “high major” programs based on their play this year?
                Rod Brown is signed with a team south of us that currently is tied for 1st in our conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  When I hear these rumors I alawys think of Shaq Morris.. Hang tough, work hard and good things will come.
                  and a mom that didn't coddle him, but rather told him to turn his car around and get his ass back to campus and back to work

Comment

We've got 6 players (2 freshmen) who are not seniors averaging within a point per game (or better) than Austin Reaves did his last season here, and Austin was a relative nobody coming out of high school.

That, and I'm sure--almost certain--that recruiting rankings and reports still matter to a prospective transfer school when the player transferring is a freshman. One whiff season can be easily explained away by any number of outside factors, some of which can be applied here. So a player like Fernandes or Gordon probably has good options, too.

Gone are the days when a player chose WSU over Corn Tech in Shitdump, Iowa, and their only option is to bust ass here, take any heat they get, and ask for another.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

We've got 6 players (2 freshmen) who are not seniors averaging within a point per game (or better) than Austin Reaves did his last season here, and Austin was a relative nobody coming out of high school.

That, and I'm sure--almost certain--that recruiting rankings and reports still matter to a prospective transfer school when the player transferring is a freshman. One whiff season can be easily explained away by any number of outside factors, some of which can be applied here. So a player like Fernandes or Gordon probably has good options, too.

Gone are the days when a player chose WSU over Corn Tech in Shitdump, Iowa, and their only option is to bust ass here, take any heat they get, and ask for another.
                      Is Shitdump, Iowa near Frostbite Falls?
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Is Shitdump, Iowa near Frostbite Falls?
                        Go down Mud Road. If you hit a cow, you went too far.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• You guys are right, I probably posted too quickly, and didn’t really think how I was communicating my thoughts. In my mind, I was thinking more about would they be able to transfer to a better “program” than where they currently are. I wasn’t taking into consideration playing time, better fit, individual happiness, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            Purely a guess, but I’d ponder that the group that is upset about Dex is upset he left the team and now has come back and is getting more minutes than them.
                            This was a certainty the moment he rejoined the team. Dex got to take a few weeks off with no consequences. That's something no one else on the team got.

All of the unsubstantiated reports from the Don Hall program seem realistic.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• transfer with immediate eligibility would be a cluster that we cannot imagine

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

This was a certainty the moment he rejoined the team. Dex got to take a few weeks off with no consequences. That's something no one else on the team got.

All of the unsubstantiated reports from the Don Hall program seem realistic.
                                I'm not taking issues with you here, EXCEPT to say "taking time OFF with no consequences " does not factor how deep his issues were and whether they were hoop related....

I HATE this time of season...hated it as a player, too...so much looks stale...

Comment

Working...
                                X