Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach; I would prefer he retire at the end of this season. Poorly managed, needless dramas each season; his post game interviews are the same pablum with no real insight into what happened in the game (other than recitation of the printed sheet of game statistics provided to him by Mike Kennedy) and his Monday night radio show with Kennedy is not worth the time to find it on the internet. Reminds me of Bobby Knight at Indiana, a coach who reached the Zenith of his career and then entered a free fall until the University terminated him.

Three coaches I hope Boatright has on speed dial are Chris Jans (NMSU), Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Bob Richey (Furman). IMO any of the three would be an excellent replacement for Marshall at less than a third of the current annual salary paid to Marshall.

Listen to and read what Coach Wedge offers if you want to witness a coach engaged in explaining what his team/players are doing and how he plans to make them better. Attached link was conducted in June 2019 with more recent video available.
    The Assman

Comment

• This deserves a separate thread.

Teacher: Why are you talking during my lesson?
      Student: Why are you teaching during my conversation?

Mike Tyson: Being a champion opens lots of doors—I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance.

PRESIDENT GERALD FORD:
      I had pro offers from the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers, who were pretty hard up for linemen in those days. If I had gone into professional football the name Jerry Ford might have been a household word today

Ray Lewis: When you believe in what you believe in no matter what happens or what people believe, the ultimate is the ultimate.

George Bush: Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country

DC Mayor Marion Berry: outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Great, great reference.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• moles are annoying and hard to get rid of

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            DC Mayor Marion Berry: outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country[/FONT]
            No he didn't say that!!! Lol. What a crackhead. :)
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              transfer with immediate eligibility would be a cluster that we cannot imagine
              It was my understanding this was a "done deal", what have you heard?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Being wildly successful is the only thing which will get Donald J. Trump re-elected. Virtually half the country wants him replaced because he is loud, mean, conceited, and rude.
                And half the country's incessant caterwauling is enough to make a person not want to vote for the other side too.

Comment

I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach; I would prefer he retire at the end of this season. Poorly managed, needless dramas each season; his post game interviews are the same pablum with no real insight into what happened in the game (other than recitation of the printed sheet of game statistics provided to him by Mike Kennedy) and his Monday night radio show with Kennedy is not worth the time to find it on the internet. Reminds me of Bobby Knight at Indiana, a coach who reached the Zenith of his career and then entered a free fall until the University terminated him.

Three coaches I hope Boatright has on speed dial are Chris Jans (NMSU), Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Bob Richey (Furman). IMO any of the three would be an excellent replacement for Marshall at less than a third of the current annual salary paid to Marshall.

Listen to and read what Coach Wedge offers if you want to witness a coach engaged in explaining what his team/players are doing and how he plans to make them better. Attached link was conducted in June 2019 with more recent video available.
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    You want arguably the best coach WSU has ever had, ...
                    Actually it's not even arguable anymore.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Actually it's not even arguable anymore.
                      Yes, have some.

Comment

• this temple game could be interesting. of course wsu should win.

Comment

• Well, this thread has been interesting the last 24 hours...just a couple of more hours before the movie reveal...

Comment

I know this post will not be popular. .
                            That part you got right. It will not prove popular on a WSU Fan Board. I understand what you are saying, but we are a few made baskets away from being first place (as someone has already alluded to). HCGM is the best coach in Shocker history. I am not personally a fan of his tactics and demeanor - breathing fire 24 hours a day gets you wins, but sometimes showing a little of the positive side (publicly) can do wonders in the minds of a player (or players). If at the end of the season 5-6 players look to transfer, that will leave a few people scratching their heads, even if they do like to drink the yellow and black on this forum. I think EVERY program goes through this in one way or another, and this season may be troubling for many programs with that transfer rule looming large.

Comment

• In defense of Shocker1976, I agree that the interviews (pregame, postgame, coach's show, etc.) have become stale at times.

Maybe a refresh from all parties in the process could liven things up a bit.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                In defense of Shocker1976, I agree that the interviews (pregame, postgame, coach's show, etc.) have become stale at times.

Maybe a refresh from all parties in the process could liven things up a bit.
                                I don’t find them stale when we win...

Comment

Working...
                                X