No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I just don't want to be caught off guard this time. But i wish none would leave. We have a bunch of good group but unfortunately some do not see it that way in the locker room. Or am i just speculating. We have had guys leave because of playing time and I understand that. But seems that there is an issue with some guys about playing time that are seeing playing time.

Comment

• Comment

• Can't coddle any player and any player getting north of 600 minutes, starting or not, should not complain or be a
          distraction. It is not uncommon for any program anywhere to have players believing they should be playing more.
          GM uses practices to sort things out and to find out who has the toughness and the right abilities to make the TEAM
          better. Individuals need to focus on what THEY can do to make the TEAM better. Sure, they have to work on
          individual skills but also must know how to integrate those skills into helping the team. If they can't do that here...………..

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
            So now that we have another year with some drama. This leads me to another question. Who do you think will leave the program. Every year someone leaves. This time i expect at least 3 to leave. Some could be starters for sure. But who ????
            When you don't have any experience tiers, this is bound to happen. When the classes are more balanced it's easier for the upperclassmen to squash this and for an underclassmen to understand why minutes are being given to someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
              From a friend-

Listened to Don Hall on radio this morning. At first of week, player asked Marshall to transfer. Next day, asked not to transfer. Marshall has shouting match at recent practice. 3 factions in locker room: group upset Dex left; group upset with their playing time; group upset with playing time of their buddies. Ech is serving as “peace keeper”
              Did anyone else hear Dancing' DH this morning?

Would love a collaborating witness.
              The Assman

Comment

• I am never voting anyone to leave. Continuity is a strength. It's not like there are free agents in College Basketball.

You know, sometimes in our work we find ourselves not performing at the level we once had. Maybe changes in personnel, org structure or the market precipitated it. Maybe we got complacent. Either way, how do we fix it? Often a new challenge is an antidote. If the organization is strong a new candidate can bring energy and life to our old position and if we are strong we can bring energy and life to our new organization. Done well, everyone is happier and stronger.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Purely a guess, but I’d ponder that the group that is upset about Dex is upset he left the team and now has come back and is getting more minutes than them.

Comment

• Anyone on this team thinking they demand max minutes is laughable.

I'm not saying everyone is garbage, but c'mon. No one is clutch. No one is consistent at all. And if it's consistent, it's not special.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Did anyone else hear Dancing' DH this morning?

Would love a collaborating witness.
                      Well, IF he is gone.....never mind.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

When you don't have any experience tiers, this is bound to happen. When the classes are more balanced it's easier for the upperclassmen to squash this and for an underclassmen to understand why minutes are being given to someone else.
                        This.

It's inevitable we're going to have players leave at the end of this season. We've got too many guys concentrated in too few positions in too close of a class. Nobody can wait for the guy ahead of them to graduate, because they'll be graduating by that time, too.

Combine that with the fact that all our players have options, in that every guy who's not a senior and getting more than 6 minutes per game can probably transfer out and get picked up by a high major program, and the "amount of sh*t I'll take" high-water line is probably lower than it's ever been under Marshall.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

This.

It's inevitable we're going to have players leave at the end of this season. We've got too many guys concentrated in too few positions in too close of a class. Nobody can wait for the guy ahead of them to graduate, because they'll be graduating by that time, too.

Combine that with the fact that all our players have options, in that every guy who's not a senior and getting more than 6 minutes per game can probably transfer out and get picked up by a high major program, and the "amount of sh*t I'll take" high-water line is probably lower than it's ever been under Marshall.
                          Particularly now that they can transfer and be eligible immediately .

By immediately, I mean the next semester without sitting out a year.

Comment

• I keep telling my wife I need more P.T., and sure enough she always goes all 3G on me.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I keep telling my wife I need more P.T., and sure enough she always goes all 3G on me.
                              This has been a more interesting thread than ANY reality show....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                and sure enough she always goes all 3G on me.

Not your wife, and not HCGM, (maybe a little of mine)....but....(please don't ban me)

Comment

Working...
                                X