Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach; I would prefer he retire at the end of this season. Poorly managed, needless dramas each season; his post game interviews are the same pablum with no real insight into what happened in the game (other than recitation of the printed sheet of game statistics provided to him by Mike Kennedy) and his Monday night radio show with Kennedy is not worth the time to find it on the internet. Reminds me of Bobby Knight at Indiana, a coach who reached the Zenith of his career and then entered a free fall until the University terminated him.

Three coaches I hope Boatright has on speed dial are Chris Jans (NMSU), Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Bob Richey (Furman). IMO any of the three would be an excellent replacement for Marshall at less than a third of the current annual salary paid to Marshall.

Listen to and read what Coach Wedge offers if you want to witness a coach engaged in explaining what his team/players are doing and how he plans to make them better. Attached link was conducted in June 2019 with more recent video available.
    I mean...I have been very frustrated. But I am not even CLOSE to agreeing with this....

Careful what you wish for!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• actually, the defense has been top notch.

it's just too bad that cincinnati was there to be had and wsu respnded with brick layups, just like a mid-major team.

Comment

• Sherfield sighting. Much Ado about nothing.

I hope
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Glad to hear GS is there. Heard ES has been or is sick. May not play or play too much?

Comment

• If the only net result of this kerfuffle is that Don Hall gets replaced then by god I brand it a rousing success.

Nothing personal Don, it's just you have always sounded a bit like the teacher on Peanuts while doing your thing in CKA.

Oh... WTF are we even talking about again?

Comment

• ES doing a lot of jumping around for a sick guy.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• I don't know if there was a come to Jesus moment but there are more smiles and fist bumps than I saw before the Cincy game. Hope it translates.

Comment

• I hope Sherfield goes for 30 and starts playing soooo good Marshall has to keep him on the floor.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    In defense of Shocker1976, I agree that the interviews (pregame, postgame,
                    Good for you. He needs a defender. Even people on Death Row deserve a defender even if he/she are truly guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      In defense of Shocker1976, I agree that the interviews (pregame, postgame, coach's show, etc.) have become stale at times.

Maybe a refresh from all parties in the process could liven things up a bit.
                      Thanks Top for the support; as Doc posted on the baseball thread "I'll try to make this the only time I address this on the board, but I realize a few posters here don't understand my support of baseball in the past. That's fine. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one."

IMO everything about Marshall is now stale and trending downward; importantly, IMO he has not replaced Ralph Miller as the best Shocker coach.

Marshall made his reputation coaching in the Valley of Mediocrity while Ralph coached the Shockers in the Valley of Death. I don't want to dwell on it but review Marshall's success for the three seasons he has coached in the AAC (a much better conference than the Valley of Mediocrity but not on par with the Valley of Death). His first season the Shocker roster was loaded, many preseason Top Ten poll rankings and Shockernetters with visions of a Natty. Last season was disappointing and this season looked great until conference play began.

The three coaches I identified I believe would jump at the chance to coach the Shockers and all three would be successful. But they are not my first choice should Marshall take his over combative, inflated ego and retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                        Miss Mia Wallace, nice...
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I'm a Sherfield fan. His imposition of OU was impressive, and honestly, I had just about given up on that game.

But from then up to now he's not displayed much -ahem- enthusiasm. It's not surprising to me what's been speculated on over the last 24-48 hrs., and it's not just been on Shockernet either.

Hope it's not true because the kid is gonna be a good D1 player.

Comment

Thanks Top for the support; as Doc posted on the baseball thread "I'll try to make this the only time I address this on the board, but I realize a few posters here don't understand my support of baseball in the past. That's fine. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one."

IMO everything about Marshall is now stale and trending downward; importantly, IMO he has not replaced Ralph Miller as the best Shocker coach.

Marshall made his reputation coaching in the Valley of Mediocrity while Ralph coached the Shockers in the Valley of Death. I don't want to dwell on it but review Marshall's success for the three seasons he has coached in the AAC (a much better conference than the Valley of Mediocrity but not on par with the Valley of Death). His first season the Shocker roster was loaded, many preseason Top Ten poll rankings and Shockernetters with visions of a Natty. Last season was disappointing and this season looked great until conference play began.

The three coaches I identified I believe would jump at the chance to coach the Shockers and all three would be successful. But they are not my first choice should Marshall take his over combative, inflated ego and retire.

Your first mistake was posting this.

The second was not deleting it immediately after.

Comment

I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach; I would prefer he retire at the end of this season. Poorly managed, needless dramas each season; his post game interviews are the same pablum with no real insight into what happened in the game (other than recitation of the printed sheet of game statistics provided to him by Mike Kennedy) and his Monday night radio show with Kennedy is not worth the time to find it on the internet. Reminds me of Bobby Knight at Indiana, a coach who reached the Zenith of his career and then entered a free fall until the University terminated him.

Three coaches I hope Boatright has on speed dial are Chris Jans (NMSU), Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Bob Richey (Furman). IMO any of the three would be an excellent replacement for Marshall at less than a third of the current annual salary paid to Marshall.

Listen to and read what Coach Wedge offers if you want to witness a coach engaged in explaining what his team/players are doing and how he plans to make them better. Attached link was conducted in June 2019 with more recent video available.
                              Is it time for the mods to move this over to the Cone of Shame thread yet?

Comment

• Man, if coach retires, maybe we can get really lucky--I mean, like once in a generation lucky--and get a guy like Gregg Marshall to coach here.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X