No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow will be telling. I’ll be convinced if he doesn’t play tomorrow...or isn’t with the team obviously.

Comment

part of competitive sports is competing for playing time. some guys are used to being the best player, not saying that's the case here, but it's a reality check sometimes

Comment

I just really hope this is just a bunch of bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          part of competitive sports is competing for playing time. some guys are used to being the best player, not saying that's the case here, but it's a reality check sometimes
          That reality check can sting a lot. I felt it as a freshman musician at WSU, thinking I was all that and a bag of chips being that I was the hotshot in high school. It didn't take me long to get to the "oh sh*t, basically everyone here is as good as I am or better" realization, and that I needed to put more hard work into the grind of practicing and not just rest on natural gifts. Thankfully I learned the lesson well enough to achieve most of what I wanted to as a college musician.

I will be curious to see how this all plays out for GS and the impact on the team.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hope it's not true and would hate to lose GS, but something has seemed very off this season entirely. Dex taking time off, weird vibes and comments, team meetings, something just hasn't felt right with the team. Pretty bummed right now, but holding out some hope it's not true.

Comment

Seems like the majority of these types of rumors end up being true. We will see.

If he is gone, it will be interesting to see how this affects team chemistry going forward. It's been obvious for a month and a half that there is little chemistry and a sense of brotherhood on this team. Not saying he directly impacted that or not.

Another large group of player departures would be pretty devastating for this program, so if this is true, I hope it just stays with GS.
              Last edited by Mr. Pickle; February 26, 2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                Seems like the majority of these types of rumors end up being true. We will see.

If he is gone, it will be interesting to see how this affects team chemistry going forward. It's been obvious for a month and a half that there is little chemistry and a sense of brotherhood on this team. Not saying he directly impacted that or not.

Another large group of player departures would be pretty devastating for this program, so if this is true, I hope it just stays with GS.
                Yep, another exodus of players would be devastating and you have to start wondering what’s going on in the program in general...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Yup. I feel like Grant kinda thought he would step right in and be the man. Unfortunately, he hasn't fit the billing there. But what he doesn't understand is that he's just a freshman. Very seldom does it work out right away. I feel like Marshall was kinda coddling him with a lot of minutes for appeasement despite Grant really not deserving them. He never gets back on D. He dribbles around on offense. And his shooting percentage has fallen like a rock in conference play. I also was getting some bad body language vibes from him recently.

The timing is the most odd of it all. A week left in the regular season, postseason coming up, NCAA aspirations on the line.. and you wanna just.. quit? Now? If true, Sherfield comes off as soft-minded and mentally weak here and may prove to be an addition rather than a subtraction going forward.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    I have absolutely no inside knowledge here but I could understand it. JB is our starting PG and NF's stock is rising fast.
                    If it is true I sure hope he is the only player involved
                    I like Noah .. he's an effort guy .. but GS has infinite more potential in my opinion ....

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Yep, another exodus of players would be devastating and you have to start wondering what’s going on in the program in general...
                      What "exodus" are we talking about here? We had one player getting regular minutes leave the program 2 years ago and it had nothing to do with basketball. Am I missing something here?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like Noah .. he's an effort guy .. but GS has infinite more potential in my opinion ....
                        Potential what?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What "exodus" are we talking about here? We had one player getting regular minutes leave the program 2 years ago and it had nothing to do with basketball. Am I missing something here?
                          That’s fair. Wasn’t an exodus, just felt like one. Hopefully it’s just one disgruntled player and nothing more, if Grant did indeed leave.

Comment

I hope he doesn’t leave but tough minded people don’t usually leave, they compete. So we’ll see if he competes. I hope he does.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                              I don't know for sure, but I've heard rumblings about more than just GS (not confirming mind you). Didn't want to say anything, but since it may be out there, just know its a

That NCAA Transfer Portal Rule they look to be modifying looms large on the horizon.
                              Well if true, I guess marshall can use the "experience" excuse again next year.

Comment

When youre pushing a team hard to win as 3G does, some of this is inevitable. It is disappointing though.

Comment

Working...
                                X