Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm not looking for reasons to criticize the officiating, but that's not necessary to see them. Shortly after 10:40 (first half), Echenique gets hit in the face. No call. Refs stop the game for an injured player. Looks like an elbow to the face, but may have been a shoulder to the face with an obvious push off with the elbow.

    The common foul wasn't called at the time, so that can't be called on the review, but since JE may have gotten hit in the face with a shoulder instead of an elbow, there's no F1 for the push off that knocked JE off his feet by hitting him in the face.

    I never thought I'd regret getting officials who don't work the MVC.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      At about 13:20 to go in the first half Midtgaard got called for an offensive foul. Evidently that ref saw something neither I nor the TV cameras saw.

      I'm not big on conspiracy theories or "the refs are out to get us", but to my eyes, we're not getting home court calls and when we're on the road, other teams are getting home court calls.
      That foul only happened because Burton was so darn late on the pass.

      Comment


      • A few thoughts:

        1) on the game winner - 34 got to his strong hand without using a screen

        2) at the end of games - coaches should always have the officials check the clock (this should be a pre-assigned role within the coaching staff / Ben Jacobson uses this strategy all of the time). It seems more often then not that a “check” gets you a few extra tenths to work with

        3) we are learning how to lose. We are learning how to lose to the same teams... at some point it is going to create a mental block for future teams.

        4) how many NITs before fans realize we traded being the “Gonzaga of the Mid-West” for being “KSU/Mizzou?” Every once in a while we may be dominant, but more often then not we are going to look like this.

        Yes, playing Cincinnati at home > playing Drake at home. No doubt.

        Comment


        • This team seems determined to get to the NIT.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            1. well, FU( K
            2. We are now a bubble team
            3. You gotta get back, that's inexcusable
            4. Cincy got a really good whistle
            5. I don't understand how they beat the hell out of us, yet we had more fouls
            6. Erik is broken, I hope he gets fixed
            7. JB needs to stop that spin move
            8. We are not big enough, not tall enough
            9. Coach only gonna play 8 guys, that will start to add up
            10. Cincy is a buncha thugs
            two thoughts...
            6.I 'm starting to think he's a pouter...terrible body language when gets taken out or is not in...here's a thought ...don't throw a pass into the stands or stop your dribble where you can be double teamed..
            10. I hate the connotation of the word THUGS and if I'm reading YOURS correctly, I don't even agree with it....I'm sure you kind of mean Cumberland but I'd take a million of him...

            Comment


            • Comment


              • A win in Houston erases this loss, but our boys gotta know that their hopes for a tourney bid are hanging by a thread. We absolutely have to beat some top teams. Cincy probably goes from last 4 out to last 4 in with this win. They’re pointing up and will likely get in with an 8-9 seed when it’s all said and done.

                Comment


                • And they deserve it. They are skilled, big, athletic and well coached. Nobody will want to see them in their bracket.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    And they deserve it. They are skilled, big, athletic and well coached. Nobody will want to see them in their bracket.
                    I agree with the well coached thing...their offensive flow is a thing of beauty...

                    Good to see you last night

                    Comment


                    • Moved
                      Last edited by Stickboy46; 2 weeks ago.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Eh, while true it's not nearly that black and white.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

                          Eh, while true it's not nearly that black and white.
                          They are the 34th most experience team ... we are 329th ...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

                            two thoughts...
                            6.I 'm starting to think he's a pouter...terrible body language when gets taken out or is not in...here's a thought ...don't throw a pass into the stands or stop your dribble where you can be double teamed..
                            10. I hate the connotation of the word THUGS and if I'm reading YOURS correctly, I don't even agree with it....I'm sure you kind of mean Cumberland but I'd take a million of him...
                            They foul off the ball all the time (I thought).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by proshox View Post
                              A few thoughts:

                              1) on the game winner - 34 got to his strong hand without using a screen

                              2) at the end of games - coaches should always have the officials check the clock (this should be a pre-assigned role within the coaching staff / Ben Jacobson uses this strategy all of the time). It seems more often then not that a “check” gets you a few extra tenths to work with

                              3) we are learning how to lose. We are learning how to lose to the same teams... at some point it is going to create a mental block for future teams.

                              4) how many NITs before fans realize we traded being the “Gonzaga of the Mid-West” for being “KSU/Mizzou?” Every once in a while we may be dominant, but more often then not we are going to look like this.

                              Yes, playing Cincinnati at home > playing Drake at home. No doubt.
                              The move to the American is also about academics. We are in a conference with schools that have much higher academic standards than the MVC schools. Plus, the time was right. Bardo’s vision of Wichita State including raising the standard across the board, including athletics.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah, I know, but I'm gonna do it anyway...…...what would y'all thought if Cumberland came out to center court afterwards and blew kisses to all of us?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X