No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and I ****ing hate Cincinnati. Losing to them by 1 possession for like the 5th time in 6 tries is getting really old.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      We’re a slightly above average team but nothing more. Next year we should challenge for the conference if the players progress like he hope.

We’re probably ending up as a coin-flip bubble team or 2 seed in the NIT.
      Not hard to coach, hard for players to execute.

This was the wrong post.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        During the timeout before Cincinnati's last play and 12 seconds left in the game. I'm screaming at the TV do not give up the 3-ball and don't foul the shooter. How hard is that to coach?

UGH!!!

Not hard to coach, but having your players execute is hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Two games in a row we have lost where our % chance of losing in regulation had to be quite low. It’s ridiculous.
          In a normal game, the chances of losing was probably quite low, but not in this game. There was a 30% chance that Cincy would make a three and win and a 54.5% chance they would make a 2 and send it to overtime. Of course, they made the 54.5% chance shot, but got fouled, too.

And the percentages were probably higher with the ball in Cumberland's hands.
          Last edited by 1979Shocker; February 6, 2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I hate when people always blame the refs after losses. They never complain about them at all after wins.

With that said, we never get a whistle. At home. On the road. Maybe Marshall's demeanor has pissed a few refs off and they just love to stick it to us. Not really fair to the players or the actual game of basketball, but what can you do about it? Absolutely nothing.

JB with 4 turnovers. We're never gonna win when our "PG" continually drives into the lane and turns the ball over. For every good shot he makes he cancels it out with a dumb decision.

We're an NIT team at this point. Not sure stickboy will be going around saying we're in "lock" status anymore. Considering what remains on the schedule, we won't be getting an at-large unless we win 2 of the 3 at Houston, Cincy, and Memphis. For those saying if we go 6-3 and lose those games, that means we racked another bunch of wins against nobodies. Our resume is shot to hell. Doesn't matter what our record looks like. Our best freaking win is a home win to OU. Whoooooopie do. Win at Houston or Cincy AND at Memphis, oh and win everything else and we're in. lol, good luck with that.
            Hit the nail on the head. This is the reality now. NIT likely unless we can pull off some wins we haven’t been capable of in the last month.

Comment

• I gotta admit I didn’t get to watch the game. I recorded it and was gonna watch it when I got home. By 8:30 the suspense was killing me so I had to check the score. I was surprised we only lost by 1 but disappointed that we lost another close game. After reading through the threads I was really surprised how many posters have jumped off the “we’re still good” talk. We can still win 7 of our next 9, right fellas? We’re a top team and it all starts Sunday! Who’s with me?

Comment

• Yes indeed. This was a heartbreaker indeed, just as the last loss at Tulsa. Both times, the guy they wanted to execute got the ball and executed. No overtime allowed either time. As frustrated as we are here on SN, no doubt the Shocks hurt more. Houston!!! We want no problems, Houston!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Oh and I ****ing hate Cincinnati. Losing to them by 1 possession for like the 5th time in 6 tries is getting really old.
                  Agree. Should not lose to those Porkopolis Pigs at all this year.

Comment

• Our success in the non-con part of the schedule is providing some very good wins for our conference opponents.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      I gotta admit I didn’t get to watch the game. I recorded it and was gonna watch it when I got home. By 8:30 the suspense was killing me so I had to check the score. I was surprised we only lost by 1 but disappointed that we lost another close game. After reading through the threads I was really surprised how many posters have jumped off the “we’re still good” talk. We can still win 7 of our next 9, right fellas? We’re a top team and it all starts Sunday! Who’s with me?
                      Which of Houston, Cincinnati, and Memphis are we going to beat on the road? If we don't beat one of those teams, the best we'll go is 6-3. That would still give us a 23-8 record. How we do in the conference tournament will probably determine whether we make the NCAA tournament or the NIT tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I gotta admit I didn’t get to watch the game. I recorded it and was gonna watch it when I got home. By 8:30 the suspense was killing me so I had to check the score. I was surprised we only lost by 1 but disappointed that we lost another close game. After reading through the threads I was really surprised how many posters have jumped off the “we’re still good” talk. We can still win 7 of our next 9, right fellas? We’re a top team and it all starts Sunday! Who’s with me?
                        I was in a similar situation...I wasn't available to watch until around 7pm so I decided to wait and watch the whole thing later. Then got a text that we lost in the last seconds - that was frustrating. I went ahead and watched. I haven't even looked at the remaining schedule, but I'm with you! Let's just run the table!

- Thought we fed the post much better.
                        - Like someone else said, really wish we had one more yr of JE
                        - Good to see Dexter hitting shots again. There was too much contact on the last play - just can't allow that given the situation.
                        - Both teams gave up a surprising # of easy baskets in transition
                        - Like others I hope we get more length on the team. Maybe Gordon and Bilau will provide some NY.
                        - Thought our ball movement was a lot better in the 2nd half.
                        - I really don't like Cincy. Their coach's reaction to the few fouls called is helping me maintain an appropriate level of disgust.

I keep hoping something "clicks" with the team a bit like it did last year and they kick it into the next gear. I can't point out why - maybe it is because they finished so well last year - but I am optimistic that this team will finish well.

Comment

• Just looked at the stat sheet. We did shoot the rock better this time. Most teams know now to penetrate on us and draw fouls. This FT stat again hurts us bad in these close games because the Bearcats made 10 more throws than us and shot 77.8. I still also wish that our best 3 pt. shooter TE, was in the game at crunch time for an opportunity to drain a 3. The Shocks made a gallant comeback and JE and DD played solid tonight. On over to Houston now and we are due for a much better ooting against them and all their blocked shots on us last time. Go Shocks!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Last year we had an easy schedule for the last part of conference play. This year we have a difficult schedule for the last part of conference play.

The road wins in the NIT were solid, but it seems that this year's team might not have gotten those W's.

Turns out that this years' non-con schedule was fool's gold. Looked great but wasn't worth what it appeared to be. It's now that we're finally seeing what the loss of McDuffie and SHJ really meant. Those were the experienced players.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Which of Houston, Cincinnati, and Memphis are we going to beat on the road? If we don't beat one of those teams, the best we'll go is 6-3. That would still give us a 23-8 record. How we do in the conference tournament will probably determine whether we make the NCAA tournament or the NIT tournament.
                              23-8 is meaningless if all you do is beat up the ECU's and Tulane's of the world.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• At about 13:20 to go in the first half Midtgaard got called for an offensive foul. Evidently that ref saw something neither I nor the TV cameras saw.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories or "the refs are out to get us", but to my eyes, we're not getting home court calls and when we're on the road, other teams are getting home court calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X