Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I thought they should have fouled #33 at the end.

Force him to make two FTs and tie the game.
    The first time I heard this strategy I thought it was crazy but after it was explained, it really isn't. In fact it supposedly is statistically a sound strategy.

.Up 2 if you don't foul you have for example: 35% chance you lose on 3 pointer or play.
    65% chance you win.

Foul up 2 you have for example: 30% chance they miss one free throw and you win
    40% chance you come down and score on the last shot
    Virtually no chance to lose the game.

Interesting huh. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

The first time I heard this strategy I thought it was crazy but after it was explained, it really isn't. In fact it supposedly is statistically a sound strategy.

.Up 2 if you don't foul you have for example: 35% chance you lose on 3 pointer or play.
      65% chance you win.

You guys are talking crazy....and I freakin love it!

Comment

• 1. well, FU( K
        2. We are now a bubble team
        3. You gotta get back, that's inexcusable
        4. Cincy got a really good whistle
        5. I don't understand how they beat the hell out of us, yet we had more fouls
        6. Erik is broken, I hope he gets fixed
        7. JB needs to stop that spin move
        8. We are not big enough, not tall enough
        9. Coach only gonna play 8 guys, that will start to add up
        10. Cincy is a buncha thugs

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
          I agree with Stickboy, didn’t see the foul, at home that should be a no call..pretty pathetic
          That foul would NEVER, I repeat NEVER have been called against the ‘home’ team in Allen Field House; the game should have been decided in overtime. BOHICA!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That foul would NEVER, I repeat NEVER have been called against the ‘home’ team in Allen Field House; the game should have been decided in overtime. BOHICA!

I'd be surprised if it's called on ANY home team the entire year. There just is nothing there anyways let alone to decide the game

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'd be surprised if it's called on ANY home team the entire year. There just is nothing there anyways let alone to decide the game
              Hope it doesn't have the same ramifications as the VCU non foul.

Comment

• Cinncy nearly gift wrapped this for us by jacking 3 quick 3’s (and missing them all), at the end. Without it, I’m not sure we even get a chance to get ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

65% chance you win.

I too thought about this. Only thing I thought of is having a make on the first FT and then a not-on-purpose miss that turns into offensive rebound putback to take lead.

Yeah, I kept saying DO NOT GIVE UP 3. Never occurred in my mind that And1 could happen. I almost was at ease when Cumberland drove inside arc and was like “Oh well” when he made layup until I realized that there was a foul. Well crap!
                  78-65

Comment

• Well......…..fiddlesticks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I too thought about this. Only thing I thought of is having a make on the first FT and then a not-on-purpose miss that turns into offensive rebound putback to take lead.
                      Yes, that't the only way you could lose on the foul strategy. An offensive rebound on a missed free throw is unlikely, but certainly possible. Can you imagine how a coach would be crucified if it did happen that way..

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Had the potential to be the feel good game of the season that got the momentum going back in our favor. It’s a pity the refs felt the need to let the game be decided by calling a foul there at the end when they swallowed the whistles at the other end. Yeah I know, we can’t blame the refs and all that and we had opportunities we blew but I couldn’t see anything super magical about Cincy that would convince me the FT disparity in our own house was reasonable.

Hope we can pull off a big upset in H-town.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            9. Coach only gonna play 8 guys, that will start to add up
                            Is that part of the reason our offense is sputtering? The guys are going all out on defense for more minutes than if we had a 10 man rotation. Eventually that's going to wear you out on the offensive end. Or you just slow your game down on the offensive end. The offense was better this game, but the defense was worse. I didn't see the all out defense in this game like I saw in the Tulsa game. Maybe that's why the offense wasn't as bad. They weren't wearing themselves out.

Comment

• I hate when people always blame the refs after losses. They never complain about them at all after wins.

With that said, we never get a whistle. At home. On the road. Maybe Marshall's demeanor has pissed a few refs off and they just love to stick it to us. Not really fair to the players or the actual game of basketball, but what can you do about it? Absolutely nothing.

JB with 4 turnovers. We're never gonna win when our "PG" continually drives into the lane and turns the ball over. For every good shot he makes he cancels it out with a dumb decision.

We're an NIT team at this point. Not sure stickboy will be going around saying we're in "lock" status anymore. Considering what remains on the schedule, we won't be getting an at-large unless we win 2 of the 3 at Houston, Cincy, and Memphis. For those saying if we go 6-3 and lose those games, that means we racked another bunch of wins against nobodies. Our resume is shot to hell. Doesn't matter what our record looks like. Our best freaking win is a home win to OU. Whoooooopie do. Win at Houston or Cincy AND at Memphis, oh and win everything else and we're in. lol, good luck with that.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We need a pg real real bad. Already thinking about next year and it's not exciting. No JE means we lose our only strength. Gonna need more dudes to compete.

Comment

Working...
                                X