Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

On #2 ... i just hate the fact that Jaime "sets screens" .. it's quotations because it doesn't actually do anything. either he rolls WAY too early or the guards don't get close enough for it to do anything. It seems like he's always looking to roll and we are never looking to hit the roll.

AM is definitely our best screener .. he just isn't good at anything after that. If we could combine AMs screening with Jaimes ability to finish we would have a heck of a lot smoother offense.
    Stick,
    Watched and watched this game again.
    Just absolutely could not believe this was a HCGM coached team playing so-called defense.
    Can anyone remember his teams allowing players to dribble coast to coast with a nice uncontested lay in?
    Getting beat multiple times on HS level back door cuts?
    Allowing known shooters to catch a pass, set feet and launch treys with minimal resistance?
    I don't.
    Not wanting to name the infamous quote (cause we play them Sunday), but this team does have a major problem.
    Another major problem?
    Other than JE, we have Valley level low post players. Unless JE is crawling on the floor begging for O2, he shouldn't see any bench time.
    MU's problem has been discussed ad nauseam and he continues to do the same. Again...and again...and again.
    AM? I watched him literally let Vogt (not to be confused with Kevin Love) blow by him and ram one down his throat. Any player with half a nut sack would have been pissed beyond belief.
    AM just looked at him with an almost look of admiration.

Get lots of rest JE. Eat your vegetables and be ready to go 30+ minutes every game the rest of this season.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• From time to time it looked like the Shox were going through a walk through of their offensive schemes. The off ball movement was at such a leisurely pace that by the time a Shocker got to a designated spot in the offense, the defense had plenty of time to prevent the execution of the play.

Sometimes it looked like they were running the offense in slow motion. That could be a factor of a young team that doesn't always recognize what's being run and might react slowly to see what other players are doing before they make a quicker commitment.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockRef -on the Vogt dunk it looked to me like AM had to back off of him to pick up another Cincy player who had
        beaten his man and was headed for a layup himself. AM moved a step or two left in an effort to stop him thus leaving
        Vogt open for the dunk, The blame on the play goes to whoever lost their man in the first place putting AM in a
        difficult positionto defend two. Cincy was going to score either way with the two on one. AM also poked a ball away on another
        possession that ES ended up with, got a rebound, tipped another ball out after a missed shot but Cincy beat us to it.
        He played well in his four minutes and we were plus six during that time. At least be fair in your comments. You were right
        on the back doors as a couple players fell asleep more than once and several others at least once. IMHO, it was those
        times we fell asleep on D giving them 6-7 easy layups , 12 points, that cost us the game. That and FT's

Comment

• It is laughable when people try to defend AM's defense.

Comment

• AM has a positive role to play when the other team has a 7 footer. He becomes a much better matchup than Mo. It appears at this point that Poor Bear no longer has a role to play.

Comment

• Poor Bear may have a critical role to play in the recruitment of Nnanna.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Poor Bear may have a critical role to play in the recruitment of Nnanna.
                I think I know what you’re getting at and I was wondering the same
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Isn’t Nnanna a junior?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    AM has a positive role to play when the other team has a 7 footer. He becomes a much better matchup than Mo. It appears at this point that Poor Bear no longer has a role to play.
                    He had a role to play last thursday. He got his shot in the first half. Had that gone well, we would have seen him in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      ShockRef -on the Vogt dunk it looked to me like AM had to back off of him to pick up another Cincy player who had
                      beaten his man and was headed for a layup himself. AM moved a step or two left in an effort to stop him thus leaving
                      Vogt open for the dunk, The blame on the play goes to whoever lost their man in the first place putting AM in a
                      difficult positionto defend two. Cincy was going to score either way with the two on one. AM also poked a ball away on another
                      possession that ES ended up with, got a rebound, tipped another ball out after a missed shot but Cincy beat us to it.
                      He played well in his four minutes and we were plus six during that time. At least be fair in your comments. You were right
                      on the back doors as a couple players fell asleep more than once and several others at least once. IMHO, it was those
                      times we fell asleep on D giving them 6-7 easy layups , 12 points, that cost us the game. That and FT's
                      Agree with you on that dunk....there wasn’t much AM could have done on that...watching it unfold live, you could see that he had only bad choices in defending that play.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        ShockRef -on the Vogt dunk it looked to me like AM had to back off of him to pick up another Cincy player who had
                        That's what I don't get about AM. I see him tipping or trying to tip the ball out to someone else. Why doesn't he just go up and grab the ball instead of trying to tip it? If he can touch the ball to tip it, then he can rebound it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Poor Bear may have a critical role to play in the recruitment of Nnanna.
                          He's the next year's Evan Wessel?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He had a role to play last thursday. He got his shot in the first half. Had that gone well, we would have seen him in the second half.
                            But Mo barely got into the game in the 2nd half too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

According to whom? There's nothing that I have seen to confirm this fact.
                              Obviously.

Comment

Working...
                              X