Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I put three long armed defenders at the 3 pt line and match up with the man with the ball. They would have to hit a very DEEP three
    or an off balance one. I give them 12-18 foot attempts where a tie is the worst case scenario. 3-2 matchup with our longest armed
    defenders I mentioned. Defend the three and the rim. Give them nothing but an intermediate shot.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      I put three long armed defenders at the 3 pt line and match up with the man with the ball. They would have to hit a very DEEP three
      or an off balance one. I give them 12-18 foot attempts where a tie is the worst case scenario. 3-2 matchup with our longest armed
      defenders I mentioned. Defend the three and the rim. Give them nothing but an intermediate shot.
      A couple passes and you now have a wide open 3 for someone.

      Comment


      • So I was chatting with someone this morning with someone who coaches for a living and he reminded me that you cango over things and go over things and watch film and kids will sometimes...forget..or play excited...or get caught up in the moment....
        Good for ME to remember....

        Comment


        • How young are we again? I fully expect to get to 9 regular season losses when it's all said and done, not because we're getting out coached or our players are not as good as we hoped they'd be - it's because our inexperience kills us. Not being used to the pressure situations of D1 college basketball, the size and maturity of their opponent, lack of basketball IQ, etc., it's a marathon not a sprint to excellence with this team and we're still going to experience growing pains.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

            They are the 34th most experience team ... we are 329th ...
            Whose 1-33?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

              Whose 1-33?
              1. S Car. St
              2. Iona
              3. S. Alab
              4. Central Mich
              5. S. Dak
              6. Prairie View
              7. Seattle
              8. Hofstra
              9. BYu
              10. Radford
              11. Alabama St.
              12. NM St
              13. Bethune Cookman
              14. Alcorn St.
              15. Kent St.
              16. Air Force
              17. NM
              18. Jackson St.
              19. St Francis
              20. Nicholls St.

              Comment


              • For all the coaching experts on here, of which I am NOT one...two questions...
                1.Is there an NCAA statistic for 'late in the shot clock' % of shots taken? The Shocks HAVE to be in top 5...
                2. Am I ludicrous for HATING having Jamie(and the other bigs) 30 feet from the rim setting screens all the time? It seems counterproductive to him and they looking at a 20 foot shot as time winds down...

                Comment


                • https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-wichita-state




                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    The crowd sounded big-time on the Flagship... very impressive... my ears were ringing this morning.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      For all the coaching experts on here, of which I am NOT one...two questions...
                      1.Is there an NCAA statistic for 'late in the shot clock' % of shots taken? The Shocks HAVE to be in top 5...
                      2. Am I ludicrous for HATING having Jamie(and the other bigs) 30 feet from the rim setting screens all the time? It seems counterproductive to him and they looking at a 20 foot shot as time winds down...
                      I can answer #2. You are not alone.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

                        I can answer #2. You are not alone.
                        I'd say there are times I wish he was inside more, but Jamie's screens do give us open looks. I could be wrong, but wasn't Grant's big three the result of one of Jamie's screens?

                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                        Comment


                        • I also hate seeing our big guys defending out to the arc esp AM. Let their centers shoot 3's if they want.
                          Sag and help when needed but only 0-7 feet from the hoop.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            For all the coaching experts on here, of which I am NOT one...two questions...
                            1.Is there an NCAA statistic for 'late in the shot clock' % of shots taken? The Shocks HAVE to be in top 5...
                            2. Am I ludicrous for HATING having Jamie(and the other bigs) 30 feet from the rim setting screens all the time? It seems counterproductive to him and they looking at a 20 foot shot as time winds down...
                            On #2 ... i just hate the fact that Jaime "sets screens" .. it's quotations because it doesn't actually do anything. either he rolls WAY too early or the guards don't get close enough for it to do anything. It seems like he's always looking to roll and we are never looking to hit the roll.

                            AM is definitely our best screener .. he just isn't good at anything after that. If we could combine AMs screening with Jaimes ability to finish we would have a heck of a lot smoother offense.

                            Comment


                            • Conference Play Free Throws

                              US: 133/198 67%

                              OPP: 167/222 75%

                              As if the disparity isn’t enough, everyone is making them against us as well.

                              No time to do it right now, but would love to break it down even further in our losses, especially what teams shoot % wise season vs us.

                              Leaving some of the bad officiating out of it, seems like we are due a couple of games where the other team clangs a few.
                              Last edited by shoxlax; 2 weeks ago.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Conference Play Free Throws

                                US: 133/198 67%

                                OPP: 167/222 75%

                                As if the disparity isn’t enough, everyone is making them against us as well.

                                No time to do it right now, but would love to break it down even further in our losses, especially what teams shoot % wise season vs us.
                                Go figure, Udeze swishes both of his and Grant misses an "and-one" and also the front end of a "one-in-one" earlier in the game.


                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X