Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I’m not going to bash ES but his dad needs to let it go and move on. I can’t see how that isn’t embarrassing to his son. There were frustration with the coaching staff, no need to keep beating that dead horse...
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I am so glad he is transferring. I used to wince when he started throwing up shots. He missed a whole bunch of them, especially as the season went on.

Not only that, he couldn't handle the ball worth a sh!t. I remember the embarrassment that was the Houston game. He dribbled the ball and tried to penetrate. They stuffed him, took the ball away from him like a kid getting his lunch money stolen., which led to a Houston breakaway Almost the next trip down (and I think it WAS the next trip down) he did EXACTLY the same thing with the exact same result.

What frustrated the me the most about him was that he was always hunting his own shots, usually at the expense of an open teammate.

And the cherry on top was his helicopter-parent father who evidently thought he was the best thing since Calvin Murphy.

Our coach has warts, and I get that, but I think ES was the cause of the one screw-up and you're out specifically because of these behaviors. Most kids, when they tried to penetrate and got the ball stolen like that would probably not go right back and do it again, but he did. Most kids would take a couple of threes, see they didn't have the shooting eye that night and try to find ways to help the team. He would take two threes in a row, miss them, and then try another one (usually off balance or with a guy in his face).

He wasn't a good teammate and his parents' expectations were way too high.

But having said that, I wish him luck and I hope he ends up at a University in Arizona, probably some place like Grand Canyon U. They probably need a PG/SG that spends all their time hunting their own shot. He could probably get 20-30 shots a game over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Rent free
        Your right.

Erik was one of my favorite players. I’ll do better.

Comment

• I didn't realize I had joined the three WSU FB groups: Shocker Faithful, Shocker Unfiltered and Shockers Just for Fun, but I haven't spent anytime on those groups until today. Highly entertaining though not really informative. Former Shocker player Mike Denny saying their are lots of problems and then challenging someone to a fight and reminding him he is 6'9", 270#s. The response from the guy he challenged was F&*K YOU!

I think that was Shocker Faithful.

On Shocker's Just for Fun, ES's dad said he didn't post much this year because when he did last year, the staff took it out on ES.

Also Patty Beamer saying that ES and his dad are not the problem and anyone that posts something challenging that will be deleted.

Comment

• Eh....ES and his daddy can just go.....don’t care where, just go.

Comment

• ES had to have been shown the door. No way coach would put up with all the drama.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                I didn't realize I had joined the three WSU FB groups: Shocker Faithful, Shocker Unfiltered and Shockers Just for Fun, but I haven't spent anytime on those groups until today. Highly entertaining though not really informative. Former Shocker player Mike Denny saying their are lots of problems and then challenging someone to a fight and reminding him he is 6'9", 270#s. The response from the guy he challenged was F&*K YOU!

On Shocker's Just for Fun, ES's dad said he didn't post much this year because when he did last year, the staff took it out on ES.

Also Patty Beamer saying that ES and his dad are not the problem and anyone that posts something challenging that will be deleted.
                With no sports to watch, this seems to be an adequate replacement for some cheap entertainment.

Comment

• John Wooden once said: "Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."

Basketball is only a game. Even so, when playing a team-sport we learn about life. Such things as attitudes, teamwork, character, and accepting authority. Through such experiences, we also learn about our own self and needed improvements. We learn to care about others, and put others first. I'm hoping ES finds a team where he fits in. If he plays against our beloved Shocks as Austin did this year, we the Shocker fans will be cheering hard for our Shockers as always. Earlier in the Season, ES played quite well and helped the Shocks win. Then he hit a slump and seemed he tried to do too much which hurt the Shocks at times. He did a good job slowing Austin down so he wouldn't score 41 as he did against another team. However, the last 14 minutes of the SMU game, the Shocks had their best comeback In Shocker history. We were down 24 points and still won!!! During those 14 minutes, ES never entered the game because he was struggling. The Shocks won anyway. There were other times ES made some blunders in which he was still allowed to stay in the game.

Hated to see this exodus of players leaving and I'm not certain just what all went on, or if it is over with.. We were ranked in the top 20, and suddenly a nose-dive team slump occurred. Could have been we had too many pieces of the exact same slots in the puzzle which cause hard feelings? Dunno, but Coach Marshall will reassemble this squad and off to the races the Shocks will go. We still showed improvement over last Season, and I was still hoping we would Dance by winning 2 AAC tourney games to keep our bubble that was growing to maybe not burst. Hopefully, we can still get our new recruits signed and in here so we hopefully still get to go on the Overseas trip and play. We the SN faithful don't know the future, but we forever stick right with our Shocks through the best of times, or even the uncertain times.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• If everyone can move on from ES, like he's moved on from us, that would be great. This will be my last post on this guy, if he doesn't want to be here, don't the let door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                      Can someone show or copy his father’s post? Can’t view unless you’re in the group, and I’m not
                      I was actually talking about his chatter on Taylor's FB page under the "Me and Coach didn't get along" article https://www.facebook.com/WSUeldridge

Comment

I didn't realize I had joined the three WSU FB groups: Shocker Faithful, Shocker Unfiltered and Shockers Just for Fun, but I haven't spent anytime on those groups until today. Highly entertaining though not really informative. Former Shocker player Mike Denny saying their are lots of problems and then challenging someone to a fight and reminding him he is 6'9", 270#s. The response from the guy he challenged was F&*K YOU!

He was shown the door awhile ago in the Unfiltered group. Immediately argued with members that they don't know **** and what's your athletic credentials? Mod said he treated female members poorly as he was reported by female members sending demeaning PM's. EFFIN GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE ENTIRE STEVENSON FAMILY

Comment

Yes, because Patty Beamer is the resident expert of all things Shocker Athletics and should never be questioned.

I sat behind her during 2017 NCAA game versus Dayton. She was bitching that she heard the TV guys were praising Dayton’s star player at halftime. “Scooch this! Scooch that! Why aren’t they talking about the Shockers?” BECAUSE DUDE HAD FIFTEEN POINTS AT HALF! I KINDA HOPE HE GOT SOME BURN FOR THAT. She griped at seemingly EVERY call that went against WSU, even blatant obvious correct calls.

I was glad to see her find different seats for the Kentucky game. She probably got tired of me telling her to shut up.
                          78-65

Comment

• The latest programs to join the 20+ who’ve already reached out to Wichita State transfer Erik Stevenson: San Diego State and Maryland. Two top-tier programs from this past season.

Indiana just reached out to Wichita State transfer Erik Stevenson. The Hoosiers intrigued with the guard with two years remaining.

Comment

• Who cares who has reached to him? Almost everyone will reach out. Means nothing.

Comment

• I’m watching that Gonzaga game. ES wouldn’t have sniffed the court on that team. He has nothing resembling the character of the players on that team. He couldn’t carry Jake White’s jock.

Comment

Working...
                                X