No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So was he never "coached" in his year and a half before that? All bad = Marshall; All good = Erik?

You can have it both ways.

I am not saying Marshall is innocent from blame of ES decline. However, you can't honestly believe Marshall had ZERO to do with anything good ES did,
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      So was he never "coached" in his year and a half before that? All bad = Marshall; All good = Erik?

You can have it both ways.

I am not saying Marshall is innocent from blame of ES decline. However, you can't honestly believe Marshall had ZERO to do with anything good ES did,
      I have not posted that Marshall did not improve ES stature as a player; clearly when ES and JB returned for their second seasons Marshall made very positive statements about how both players had worked hard over the summer. If I recall correctly, Marshall even stated their physical appearances had changed (used the word "cut" to describe them). What I consistently post is that Marshall and his assistant coaches interacted (I used the term "coach" since Marshall and his staff are called coaches) in a way with ES that put him in a downward spiral - all of his personal stats declined IMO in a negative direction.

Posters on SN continue to spew their love for Marshall and denigrate the players. Yes I believe the players (all of them) made mistakes during games. But I also believe the coaches made mistakes during the season. And the fact that so many players have left indicate to me that the mistakes made by Marshall and his staff were significant.

Boatright needs to get off his fat As* and interview all of the players to discover what in the hell happened within the coaching of WSU's mens D1 basketball program. Just My Opinion

Comment

• I know one thing. ES has received far too much blame for everything. Does not appear to me that he was the common
        denominator. Need to find out what is/was and fix or it will just keep happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I have not posted that Marshall did not improve ES stature as a player; clearly when ES and JB returned for their second seasons Marshall made very positive statements about how both players had worked hard over the summer. If I recall correctly, Marshall even stated their physical appearances had changed (used the word "cut" to describe them). What I consistently post is that Marshall and his assistant coaches interacted (I used the term "coach" since Marshall and his staff are called coaches) in a way with ES that put him in a downward spiral - all of his personal stats declined IMO in a negative direction.

Posters on SN continue to spew their love for Marshall and denigrate the players. Yes I believe the players (all of them) made mistakes during games. But I also believe the coaches made mistakes during the season. And the fact that so many players have left indicate to me that the mistakes made by Marshall and his staff were significant.

Boatright needs to get off his fat As* and interview all of the players to discover what in the hell happened within the coaching of WSU's mens D1 basketball program. Just My Opinion
          We will not hear what is going on behind the scenes in the athletic department. That would just make things worse. My guess is that Marshall having that interview with Taylor was probably something that was highly suggested to him. I trust that Jay Golden has made sure that Boatright has looked into this.

If you look at what is happening beyond WSU's program, it is pretty clear that the student athletes are more and more willing to move on.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of DB, but in fairness, maybe he has?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Nah, I believe the guy who calls the athletic director a fat ass. He seems completely rational and sane.

Comment

Neither you nor I know what Marshall and his assistant coaches said to ES post the UGone game. What everyone should know by now is that ES' game went into the crapper after he was "coached" by Marshall and his staff.

Given the number of players leaving the Shockers one could objectively speculate that "coaching" had some thing to do with these departures; whether it was poor recruiting by the coaches or comments during practices or comments during games or comments post games or throwing players "under the bus" via post game comments.
                This may be the dumbest in a long line of dumb statements you have made.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Nah, I believe the guy who calls the athletic director a fat ass. He seems completely rational and sane.
                  Did you read what Boatright was reported to have said in the exclusive interview published in the Wichita Eagle?

Full disclosure, I don't know the dimensions of Boatright's as*; I was attempting to colorfully express my doubt that Boatright has spoken to the departing players. IMO Boatright was parroting support for Marshall in hopes that the unfolding debacle in Men's basketball would go away via an exclusive interview given to the Eagle.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

This may be the dumbest in a long line of dumb statements you have made.
                    Are you really as blind to reality as your posts indicate?

Comment

Yes I believe the players (all of them) made mistakes during games. But I also believe the coaches made mistakes during the season.
                      You don't say?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I want to believe you are correct but the social media posts by JB's mother and sister make me highly doubtful that Boatright spoke with JB prior to giving that interview.

Comment

• Shocker 1076. I don't think everyone on this board are blind that there is probably enough blame for both sides. I think Marshall has a coaching philosophy with players like Cotton, Baker, etc. that were not highly recruited. He may be learning on how to handle higher level recruits with that same philosophy. But, the constant attacking of the coaches, AD, and other admins. is making me think that there is a "major" underlining problem you have with them. DId Marshall no shake your hand or not sign your autograph ball? Something is amiss here?

Comment

I want to believe you are correct but the social media posts by JB's mother and sister make me highly doubtful that Boatright spoke with JB prior to giving that interview.
                            Any parent that takes to social media to hurl accusations at a program should be totally believed.

Are you calling Tyson a liar?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Did you read what Boatright was reported to have said in the exclusive interview published in the Wichita Eagle?

Full disclosure, I don't know the dimensions of Boatright's as*; I was attempting to colorfully express my doubt that Boatright has spoken to the departing players. IMO Boatright was parroting support for Marshall in hopes that the unfolding debacle in Men's basketball would go away via an exclusive interview given to the Eagle.
                              I did read the article and even your lengthy summation.

You are one I was specifically referencing when I questioned the benefit or utility of the Marshall interview. He might as well spoke in a foreign language because I doubt you and others were never going to listen to or accept his words.

It seems you've made up your mind based on a couple of tweets from players families (gee, no chance at all they’re biased) and I doubt even a national championship would change your mind.

For whatever reason, this seems personal for you now if it wasn’t all along.

Comment

Are you really as blind to reality as your posts indicate?
                                No, you are just an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X