Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    Well now ain't that just so special -- anyone think Eric's arm is long enough to pat himself on the back like he wants or seems to need. Maybe daddy can help.
    Erik's teammates chime in...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Old man is arguing with fans on FB as I type. Unbelievable. Just go the fuq away.
      Arguing with some and letting others lick his feet
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Erik was one of my favorite players, his hustle, rebounding and he just seemed to put all he had on the court, BUT it appears what I was seeing was not all of the picture. Say anything you want about his dad but it appears Erik was crying to him because he could not take any criticism or coaching about his game. Not sorry to seeing this family leaving ours.

Comment

• Please don't get me wrong. ERIC WAS MY GUY. I chose him to be MY GUY when he first got here. So for a year and a half he was just that. I loved his hustle on the court and his rebounding -- BUT I wasn't enamored of some of the things I saw or heard about. The UConn antics were one -- totally uncalled for and for once it brought out to me just how much "I" there was in Eric. And I noticed some the on-court body language (which became apparent on one particular play in the final game with Tulsa. His interaction with Grant was not always positive.) That being said I do wish Eric the best and hope he lands in a situation that wants more "I" than "We" in their game. Good luck Eric. You gave us some exciting times (and some very frustrating ones).

Comment

• I have a bit o extra time today. Im in a mental funk. Time to blow it out my keyboard!

The 3point shooter we saw for half of one season is not who ES is. He is the guy who loves every drive and shot he sees.

The "swagger" from the good times became "behavior" it was a distraction and reveled major mental weakness.

The interview with the paper on the way out is punk move, but so is letting daddy fight your battles for you. I can't say much with certainty - but I know that if my father ever did that one time, it would be the last time –or the last time we spoke until he stopped.

ES could have been a valuable addition. Sometimes you have to let your teammates shine and get yours another day. He occasionally seemed like he thought he was bigger than the team or program. Maybe he didn't and just lacks self-control. I'm confused as to what he is trying to accomplish and I an happy to give it now more thought ever again.

Also - Marshall does need to adapt, but I don't see that as the EXACT issue with ES. However a mess is a mess (all the transfers and losing) and even if you didn't make it you have to clean it up or live in it. Marshall helped make this mess and it is his job to clean it up well.

Feels good to get that out. LOL.

Comment

• I wonder how much the Erik, and Helicopter Dad, "cancer" affected the actions and decisions of those transferring out of the program. As he was the self-proclaimed team leader, it makes me wonder.

We needed a leader like this one:

Comment

• I believe Marshall WILL clean it up. Crying to Dad about your problems becomes an issue ONLY if your father doesn't give good advice. OTOH, I still wonder if an assistant coach with a shoulder to cry on would've helped; I wonder if we have lost that currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                  I believe Marshall WILL clean it up. Crying to Dad about your problems becomes an issue ONLY if your father doesn't give good advice. OTOH, I still wonder if an assistant coach with a shoulder to cry on would've helped; I wonder if we have lost that currently.
                  Yeah I get the sense the coaching staff is a bunch of 3Gs...there needs to be a balance there.

Comment

• I wonder if ES got it into other players heads that they need to leave as well.

Based on the "crabgrass" comments, this might be something that went down.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      I wonder how much the Erik, and Helicopter Dad, "cancer" affected the actions and decisions of those transferring out of the program. As he was the self-proclaimed team leader, it makes me wonder.

We needed a leader like this one:
                      Fred was the only reason Shaq finished his 4 years. Unfortunately none of the current underclassmen have that guiding light.

Comment

• Who is this Eric Stevens you speak of?

Is he part of the Spanglers folks?
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Oh and Fred would have driven Erik to conform or drop out and told him to tell daddy to STFU.

Comment

• Saw this quote today from Michael Jordan... "I would never say i was cutthroat. I was a competitor. I dont really care if i broke him. If they did get broken then they are not going to be helpful to us when we need them most."
                            Thought it was apropos.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Fred was the only reason Shaq finished his 4 years. Unfortunately none of the current underclassmen have that guiding light.
                              I'm not sure Tyson Etienne doesn't have some of that in him. The problem is that sometimes the older guys resent a younger guy stepping into a leadership role or trying to provided some leadership.

No doubt about it this year's team had major chemistry issues. Whether the seeds of that have been totally removed or not remains to be seen I suppose.

Comment

• Now GS is leaving. Hard to imagine it's ES's fault for all this.

Comment

Working...
                                X