Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

I already pleaded guilty to laziness and no one owes me any explanations. I am an old timer and have never used
    a search function, FB or twitter. Sometimes I just get bored and make to many comments that seem to offend some.
    Not my intention unless they hit first. Have to be careful in this group even though we are all suppose to be fans of the
    same team.
    The absolute best and easiest way to search out the background of some of the attitudes about Erik are in this thread. Everything was documented in this thread. It's faster and easier to go through the pages in this thread looking for quotes, twitter links, and links to Facebook posts than it is to use any other method of looking for source info.

Asking us to provide sources and links requires us to go through the posts that are too much effort for you to look through.

Your attitude seems to be that you refuse to believe that ES was a cancer on the program until you see links, and you refuse to look for those links when told the most efficient way to find them.

That kind of leaves it with - unless other posters do what you refuse to do, you will never believe that ES was a locker room cancer.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Cancers take time to grow. I seldom agree with 1976 but is timeline was compelling and as I
      said previously if you look back to early March ES was a fan favorite and team leader. In his
      case things seemed to change rather dramatically. When they did he didn't handle it well and
      on that I agree. What are the explanations for the other seven transfers?
      Last edited by asiseeit; December 15, 2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Cancers take time to grow. I seldom agree with 1976 but is timeline was compelling and as I
        said previously if you look back to early March ES was a fan favorite and team leader. In his
        case things seemed to change rather dramatically. When they did he didn't handle it well and
        I think there is no doubt the other kids had issues with Gregg as well...the difference is leading up to the breakup was apparently handled differently by the Stevensons than everyone else....acrimonious to say the least!

Comment

• I think all the players get the benefit of doubt and are supported by the fan base. Once they start being a distraction, things can turn. Erik was a guy a lot of us were excited about and he did have some really good games. Once he started pouting and his dad started chiming in on Facebook, it was all downhill.

Comment

• I think most of us are on the same page now as I agree with the previous two posts.

Comment

Cancers take time to grow.
              Yet poison works immediately.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• NM- why can't you simply delete a post?

Comment

Cancers take time to grow. I seldom agree with 1976 but is timeline was compelling and as I

He was never anything more than a self-appointed team leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He was never anything more than a self-appointed team leader.
                    ^^^^^THIS! The natural team leader would have been Echenique. From a maturity standpoint. From an on the court performance standpoint. From a team-first standpoint. There was too much "me, me, me" among some other players to allow that. It wasn't just ES. He just happened to go public with it through his Dad (and some body language on the court), which shows an immense immaturity.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Yes something happened after the UCONN game - Marshall coaching.

I began tracking Erik's statistical performance last season with the South Carolina game as he appeared to be a/the visible leader of the Shocker team and his play was routinely praised by Shockernet posters.

His stats for the time period South Carolina through and including UConn - 43.7% FG%; 47.1% 3PT%; and 81.6% FT%

His stats for the six game period VCU through and including UConn - 39.1% FG%; 40.5% 3PT%; and 79.5% FT%

His stats for the six game period Temple through Cincinnati - 24.4% FG%; 19.2% 3PT%; and 63.6% FT%

Relevant events -

1. Erik lost his starter role in the USF game post UCONN (he played 12 minutes)

2. Erik's minutes/game declined from 30.2 (South Carolina through UConn) to 19.8 (Temple through Cincinnati)

3. Shocker record with Erik as a starter 17-3

I am done with this topic as IMO Erik has become the "whipping boy" for certain Shockernet posters and lives rent free in the heads.

Comment

• During WSU's great run to start the season, it wasn't well known what a cancer he was. Unless you look at his dad's social media garbage. I have heard from good sources he was calling recruits and generally causing problems after the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          During WSU's great run to start the season, it wasn't well known what a cancer he was. Unless you look at his dad's social media garbage. I have heard from good sources he was calling recruits and generally causing problems after the season.
                          Last year's great start is proof of the adage, "winning is the best deodorant!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            During WSU's great run to start the season, it wasn't well known what a cancer he was. Unless you look at his dad's social media garbage. I have heard from good sources he was calling recruits and generally causing problems after the season.
                            winning cures all.. and slows cancer growth... but believe me in that it doesn’t regress - more like goes dormant.

Comment

• Copied from Hardcore Husky....

Erik Stevenson: Thus far, he's not the same player I saw in his HS tape or at Wichita St. He looks slow... his handle isn't all that quick... he's chucking up wild shots when driving... he's turning the ball over like crazy. It just hasn't been good.

Same as it ever was....same as it ever was...

Comment

• Originally posted by JMAN_KC View Post
                                Copied from Hardcore Husky....

Erik Stevenson: Thus far, he's not the same player I saw in his HS tape or at Wichita St. He looks slow... his handle isn't all that quick... he's chucking up wild shots when driving... he's turning the ball over like crazy. It just hasn't been good.

Same as it ever was....same as it ever was...
                                Somebody should show this guy The Process video. Then it will all make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X