No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved the story from Taylor E. on Eric this morning. When he goes, the Shockers do too. It certainly seems like our players appreciate him and know how important he is for our success and Gregg too. Eric has nothing to do with his father's social media antics so I don't hold that against him. I'm not sure why he lacks consistency and any speculation on that would probably wrong anyway because I'm not a psychologist (nor is anyone else on here as long as I know). I just hope he becomes more consistent and his game comes together for the post season tournaments. If we are successful, he will be a big reason why in my opinion. JB, Dexter, and Jamie will also need to come up big in the tournaments for us to be successful imo. Go Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      . I'm not sure why he lacks consistency and any speculation on that would probably wrong anyway because I'm not a psychologist (nor is anyone else on here as long as I know). .
      No, but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        Loved the story from Taylor E. on Eric this morning. When he goes, the Shockers do too. It certainly seems like our players appreciate him and know how important he is for our success and Gregg too. Eric has nothing to do with his father's social media antics so I don't hold that against him. I'm not sure why he lacks consistency and any speculation on that would probably wrong anyway because I'm not a psychologist (nor is anyone else on here as long as I know). I just hope he becomes more consistent and his game comes together for the post season tournaments. If we are successful, he will be a big reason why in my opinion. JB, Dexter, and Jamie will also need to come up big in the tournaments for us to be successful imo. Go Shox.
        Agree that Erik is important because he plays with high energy (lots of steals and rebounds and hustles). IMHO, if he plays smart (do not take bad shots, do not take too many shots on a "cold shooting" day) then we can win several more games. I hope coaches let him know that.
        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
          Say what you want but Erik is the key to this team this year, when he is "on" the team is totally different. For his size he is a rebounding machine, first on the floor for every loose ball, tough, good basketball IQ, always hustles and puts all he has on the court and it seems to be contagious. And personally I love his on-court demeanor, a player that our opponents hate.
          Taylor must read Shockernet to get some of his ideas for future articles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
            It would be interesting to know the ages of the posters here who appreciate trash talk, showboating, disrespecting the opposing teams, etc. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur; I remember when it was OK to do things like help an opposing player up, let your game do the talking and keep your big mouth and attention-drawing antics to yourself. Like Barry Sanders or Jim Brown or whoever it was who said it..."Act like you've been there before."
            I'm probably younger than average for this board (32) and I don't like trash talk. I have no problem with players showing emotion or celebrating a big play and I actually like seeing that because this is supposed to be fun, but I don't think trash talk is particularly sportsman like and I would prefer that players let the scoreboard do the talking.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post

Taylor must read Shockernet to get some of his ideas for future articles.
              Mine where the gold is! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                It would be interesting to know the ages of the posters here who appreciate trash talk, showboating, disrespecting the opposing teams, etc. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur; I remember when it was OK to do things like help an opposing player up, let your game do the talking and keep your big mouth and attention-drawing antics to yourself. Like Barry Sanders or Jim Brown or whoever it was who said it..."Act like you've been there before."
                Bill Laimbeer and Lyle Alzado say hi.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I'm pretty sure X and AC knew how to talk trash. I'm an old and I like it. GTFO with your sportsmanship.
                  One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Larry Bird

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Mine where the gold is! :)
                      Fish here...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                        I'm pretty sure X and AC knew how to talk trash. I'm an old and I like it. GTFO with your sportsmanship.
                        X didn't have to talk much trash; most people were scared of him... he was an intimidating son-of-a-gun.

Actually, I don't recall AC talking much trash either. They were both bad bad (bad in a good way) dudes.

Comment

• I think the best trash talking is the kind where others off the court don't notice it. I know a lot of people like that. Sir Charles even said Tiger trashed talked: "Did you see where they're building that new SuperWalMart? Between your drive and mine!"

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                            I think the best trash talking is the kind where others off the court don't notice it. I know a lot of people like that. Sir Charles even said Tiger trashed talked: "Did you see where they're building that new SuperWalMart? Between your drive and mine!"
                            That's a good one...

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                              I think the best trash talking is the kind where others off the court don't notice it. I know a lot of people like that. Sir Charles even said Tiger trashed talked: "Did you see where they're building that new SuperWalMart? Between your drive and mine!"
                              Always, and I mean always, follow that up with: "Stop laughing until you get it."
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I know Taylor’s article was posted somewhere... for some reason I can’t seem to find it...

Dexter’s quote is hilarious...

“He’s got that swagger, it’s fun to watch and it’s fun to be apart of,” Dennis said. “We laugh about it all the time. He’s kind of an a-hole or whatever you want to call it. But it’s funny to watch.”

Here’s what his WSU teammates say only Erik Stevenson can provide the Shockers

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241026691.html

I’m sure there are times when a teammate would like to ‘KO’ Erik, but I’ll bet they’d want him in their fox hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X