Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    I went back to around 3/9 and read just a few pages. Taylor, teammates, coachs and fans seemed to have a
    positive view of ES. Then, it all seemed to turn. Without specifics I do believe that something happened that
    truly pissed Eric off and he obviously didn't handle it well and made comments he shouldn't have. Poop happens.
    I'm done with this. Go Shocks.
    Played hard and good mentality. I love the way he hunted the play on D, and I told friends I thought he had a higher ceiling than Baker (until the realization of his shooting sunk in). But if you don't play to your strengths - and more importantly - play to your weaknesses and insist on shooting (and in the father's case, a social media presence)... like in life you can pretty quickly turn a positive to a negative.

Comment

Sources ?
      on the first, Eriks dad, iirc. ******* himself on the second one, well documented.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Begged for fans to come to VCU game...as if we wouldn’t actually pack CKA for a game against a ranked opponent.

Told fans who “switched sides” after Houston loss to stay there...because Shockers fans who’ve been so longer than he’s been alive would jump ship after a two-game losing streak.

Whined about wanting fans to not bid on his pink jersey so he could buy it himself for a cheap price...when that auction’s proceeds were going to charity.

I heard someone inside program call him a Richard towards the end of last season. Person said that Erik acted so awful that it was even hard to be happy for Erik when he played well.

And that’s not even mentioning his helicopter dad who acts like he’s the only person on Twitter who was ever part of high-level basketball.

I’ve only ever disliked three guys who’ve played in the Koch Arena era of Shocker Basketball, and Erik is on that list.
        I wanna know who the other two are...
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

... he has to just wince every time E is a foot off laterally.
          I'm confident ES's dad thinks that if Marshall would have let him shoot more often, he could have worked that out. The bad shooting was on Marshall because Marshall limited the number of times he could work on his shooting during games. Limiting him to 13 or 14 shots per game broke his spirit and caused him to lose confidence in his shot.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Erik had his best games when Dexter went home. He (or maybe his dad) had made some comments about how his production declined when Dennis came back. Then there was the crabgrass in the lawn comment from 3G, I think we all assumed he was talking about Erik. Then there was the kiss blowing incident at UConn. The put him the doghouse and his game went down the tubes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Erik had his best games when Dexter went home. He (or maybe his dad) had made some comments about how his production declined when Dennis came back. Then there was the crabgrass in the lawn comment from 3G, I think we all assumed he was talking about Erik. Then there was the kiss blowing incident at UConn. The put him the doghouse and his game went down the tubes.
              I bet he got his ass ate, chewed up, and spit back out for that. I believe Marshall was probably very talented in that area. I think ES was absoluttely unable to handle criticism from the "meanie" coach. His game absolutely went to hell after that, and the Dad's "Marshall broke his spirit" comments started popping up not long after that.
              Last edited by Aargh; December 14, 2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I went back to around 3/9 and read just a few pages. Taylor, teammates, coachs and fans seemed to have a
                positive view of ES. Then, it all seemed to turn. Without specifics I do believe that something happened that
                truly pissed Eric off and he obviously didn't handle it well and made comments he shouldn't have. Poop happens.
                I'm done with this. Go Shocks.
                Yes something happened after the UCONN game - Marshall coaching.

I began tracking Erik's statistical performance last season with the South Carolina game as he appeared to be a/the visible leader of the Shocker team and his play was routinely praised by Shockernet posters.

His stats for the time period South Carolina through and including UConn - 43.7% FG%; 47.1% 3PT%; and 81.6% FT%

His stats for the six game period VCU through and including UConn - 39.1% FG%; 40.5% 3PT%; and 79.5% FT%

His stats for the six game period Temple through Cincinnati - 24.4% FG%; 19.2% 3PT%; and 63.6% FT%

Relevant events -

1. Erik lost his starter role in the USF game post UCONN (he played 12 minutes)

2. Erik's minutes/game declined from 30.2 (South Carolina through UConn) to 19.8 (Temple through Cincinnati)

3. Shocker record with Erik as a starter 17-3

I am done with this topic as IMO Erik has become the "whipping boy" for certain Shockernet posters and lives rent free in the heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I began tracking Erik's statistical performance last season with the South Carolina game as he appeared to be a/the visible leader of the Shocker team and his play was routinely praised by Shockernet posters.

His stats for the time period South Carolina through and including UConn - 43.7% FG%; 47.1% 3PT%; and 81.6% FT%

His stats for the six game period VCU through and including UConn - 39.1% FG%; 40.5% 3PT%; and 79.5% FT%

His stats for the six game period Temple through Cincinnati - 24.4% FG%; 19.2% 3PT%; and 63.6% FT%

Relevant events -

2. Erik's minutes/game declined from 30.2 (South Carolina through UConn) to 19.8 (Temple through Cincinnati)

I am done with this topic as IMO Erik has become the "whipping boy" for certain Shockernet posters and lives rent free in the heads.
                  You’re an idiot. You have no idea.

Comment

Relevant events -

Marshall must still be living rent free in Erik’s head. Dude can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Of course you’re done with it. You don’t wanna be reminded about that “ballsy” 25 win prediction on the daily.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Beyond the stats...I never cared for his punk demeanor. All it took was a couple treys and he's staring down the opposing bench. I'm fine when Fred let's 'em hang because he'll back it up.

Comment

• After the Shox blew a 9-point lead in the last minute of the UConn game and then pulled the game out in OT, I doubt Marshall was in the mood for one of his players to be blowing kisses to the crowd after the game. '76 pointing the finger at Marshall's coaching is WAY off base. Pull a clown act like that after giving up 9 points in one minute - player better be expecting some "coaching", and player better be ready to handle it.

If ES didn't know that Marshall had a very large doghouse, then his street IQ was no better than his BBIQ.

Comment

Relevant events -

Did you play and/or do you otherwise know how to evaluate shot selection? That's why I mentioned it in a previous post.

Nobody - NOBODY - not Fred, not Ron, not Rags, and not even Shamet ever got away with the bullshit shot selection ES decided was his birthright. If he could knock them down, then maybe it's a different story. But he was the worst statistical shooter in Marshall Shocker history. So he rightfully benched him.

Dance with the one what brung ya - those 2012-2016 teams may have had great individual players but what they really had was ball movement and smart individual possessions. Erik never figured that out, and Marshall was caught between benching him or letting him pollute the offense.

Comment

Guilty for not going thru 90 pages but i think there was a lot of hearsay and questionable comments. I was wanting
                            factual quotes from reliable sources. Most comments would be thrown out in court. My aim was simply to better
                            understand specifically how he undermined the program so much. Wasn't interested in his shooting stats as I am
                            already aware of them and his abilities. Again, I am NOT defending him if he made traitorous remarks about the
                            program as I am more of a true Shocker fan dating back to the opening of the roundhouse than 90% of you so please
                            don't question my loyalty to the program. I simply want to know the truth and the facts about his comments and actions
                            and not hearsay. "I've heard someone" kind of language is hearsay.
                            Why does anybody have to prove anything to you or even do the work for you.

1. There is a search function on shockernet that will allow you to review the various chats.

2. You can also go to twitter where both have posted their view on WSU basketball.

3. You can got to facebook and review the plethora meltdowns by his father.

Comment

Relevant events -

Finally figured out who you are (embarrassed it took me this long)...
                              Just curious how you can stomach trading spit with Patty Poo on a consistent basis.
                              I mean.. we all have a weakness, but she is revolting.
                              Beady eyes, bad gas dog breath and some seriously saggy zoobs.

I guess there truly is someone for everyone. Cause both of you certainly think alike.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Why does anybody have to prove anything to you or even do the work for you.

1. There is a search function on shockernet that will allow you to review the various chats.

2. You can also go to twitter where both have posted their view on WSU basketball.

3. You can got to facebook and review the plethora meltdowns by his father.

I already pleaded guilty to laziness and no one owes me any explanations. I am an old timer and have never used
                                a search function, FB or twitter. Sometimes I just get bored and make to many comments that seem to offend some.
                                Not my intention unless they hit first. Have to be careful in this group even though we are all suppose to be fans of the
                                same team.

Comment

Working...
                                X