Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

Do I need to create a graphic novel? Go back 8 posts.
    You missed the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Could someone present the specific FACTS about what ES did ? I'm not here to defend him cause I don't
      know any "facts" but he was not the only player to transfer. What were his specific comments or actions
      that has gotten into so many heads? As far as his dad I don't care about his actions and comments only
      Eric's if he made damaging remarks to / about the program. What were they exactly cause I truly do not know.
      As a player I just know he always gave a lot of effort but was an inconsistent shooter. Had good games and
      bad like anyone else.
      You mean like cold calling recruits to dissuade them from coming, or do you mean like telling ******* that Shaq had an interesting story?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You mean like cold calling recruits to dissuade them from coming, or do you mean like telling ******* that Shaq had an interesting story?
        Sources ?

Comment

Could someone present the specific FACTS about what ES did ? I'm not here to defend him cause I don't
          know any "facts" but he was not the only player to transfer. What were his specific comments or actions
          that has gotten into so many heads? As far as his dad I don't care about his actions and comments only
          Eric's if he made damaging remarks to / about the program. What were they exactly cause I truly do not know.
          As a player I just know he always gave a lot of effort but was an inconsistent shooter. Had good games and
          bad like anyone else.
          Begged for fans to come to VCU game...as if we wouldn’t actually pack CKA for a game against a ranked opponent.

Told fans who “switched sides” after Houston loss to stay there...because Shockers fans who’ve been so longer than he’s been alive would jump ship after a two-game losing streak.

Whined about wanting fans to not bid on his pink jersey so he could buy it himself for a cheap price...when that auction’s proceeds were going to charity.

I heard someone inside program call him a Richard towards the end of last season. Person said that Erik acted so awful that it was even hard to be happy for Erik when he played well.

And that’s not even mentioning his helicopter dad who acts like he’s the only person on Twitter who was ever part of high-level basketball.

I’ve only ever disliked three guys who’ve played in the Koch Arena era of Shocker Basketball, and Erik is on that list.
          Last edited by WuShock16; December 14, 2020, 11:42 AM.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Begged for fans to come to VCU game...as if we wouldn’t actually pack CKA for a game against a ranked opponent

Told fans who “switched sides” after Houston loss to stay there...because fans who’ve been so longer than he’s been alive would jump ship after a two-game losing streak

Whined about wanting fans to not bid on his pink jersey so he could buy it himself for a cheap price...when that auction’s proceeds were going to charity.

I heard someone inside program call him a Richard towards the end of last season. Person said that he acted so awful that it was even hard to be happy for Erik when he played well.

And that’s not even mentioning his helicopter dad who acts like he’s the only person on Twitter who was ever part of high-level basketball.

I’ve only ever disliked three guys who’ve played in the Koch Arena era of Shocker Basketball, and Erik is on that list.
            Thanks for doing this. I mean, all asiseeit had to do was go back through the thread. There are way too many incidents to re-list them. They are all on here. My guess is he or she doesn't want to take the time to do the research as it doesn't fit their narrative. And to say exclude the dad is nonsense. He was maybe the BIGGEST issue. You can't just ignore that.

Comment

• Guilty for not going thru 90 pages but i think there was a lot of hearsay and questionable comments. I was wanting
              factual quotes from reliable sources. Most comments would be thrown out in court. My aim was simply to better
              understand specifically how he undermined the program so much. Wasn't interested in his shooting stats as I am
              already aware of them and his abilities. Again, I am NOT defending him if he made traitorous remarks about the
              program as I am more of a true Shocker fan dating back to the opening of the roundhouse than 90% of you so please
              don't question my loyalty to the program. I simply want to know the truth and the facts about his comments and actions
              and not hearsay. "I've heard someone" kind of language is hearsay.

Comment

• Some of the stuff his Dad was saying - even on Shocker fan Facebook pages! could only have come from reports from Erik, so we know he was bad-mouthing Marshall and the program to his Dad. That's pretty good evidence he was doing the same thing in the locker room.

It's difficult at this point in time to go and find all the Facebook comments and tweets that are the source of a lot of the joy that Erik is gone. The quotes were there. The evidence on the court in conjunction with the timing of messages was there. The contacts with Shaq and the timing of Shaq's tweet that something was coming were there.

asiseeit, you may be a little late to the party. Had you kept up when things were happening, you wouldn't need to be asking for proof 8 months later, when finding the things you ignored when they happenrf is difficult.
                Last edited by Aargh; December 14, 2020, 12:02 PM.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Guilty for not going thru 90 pages but i think there was a lot of hearsay and questionable comments. I was wanting
                  factual quotes from reliable sources. Most comments would be thrown out in court. My aim was simply to better
                  understand specifically how he undermined the program so much. Wasn't interested in his shooting stats as I am
                  already aware of them and his abilities. Again, I am NOT defending him if he made traitorous remarks about the
                  program as I am more of a true Shocker fan dating back to the opening of the roundhouse than 90% of you so please
                  don't question my loyalty to the program. I simply want to know the truth and the facts about his comments and actions
                  and not hearsay. "I've heard someone" kind of language is hearsay.
                  I guess it all depends on your angle and perspective...

Comment

You missed the point.
                    No, I got it. And I happen to agree with you somewhat in the spirit of your question. But it was all in there if you look and understand. A condensation of the minimum basic facts:

1. Worst shooting starting guard of the Marshall era, and not improving as an upperclassman at a different program. Worse than many forwards. But still took a lot of shots and therefore lowered points per possession and was a heavy contributor to losses.
                    2. Despite #1, father and son clearly thought more playing time and focus was deserved.
                    3. Father was on the record on Facebook on multiple occasions openly questioning the program and coach.

I don't know what life/business/military or other background you come from, but any of those individually are dealbreakers at most high major programs. Or could you provide an example - with facts - of a high performing company or other operation where the parent of an employee is allowed and tolerated to be on social media criticizing the top executive?

And as far as "factual quotes from reliable sources" and "most comments would be thrown out in court"... huh? We're talking about college basketball and you're imposing a threshold that Woodward and Bernstein couldn't meet. Or did you call that hogwash too because Deep Throat didn't have a name and was therefore unreliable and inadmissible in court testimony? (Spoiler Alert - his name was Mark Felt and he was a real person).

And actually, with the father posting on Facebook there was actually more provable "factual" evidence that wouldn't be "thrown out in court" than a lot of people go to prison over.

I don't doubt your loyalty and have agreed/enjoyed your posts over the years, but come on.

If we want to fulfill our potential as a high major program and be a program that the best coaches want to lead, we can't tolerate parents on Facebook and/or guards that can't shoot. Those are facts and I welcome any argument to the contrary.

Question back to you - what else exactly do you need? I'm with you on the conjecture and speculative negative comments but there is a preponderance of evidence that both father and son were significant net negatives to the program on and off the court.

As always, I wish them both well in future endeavors but ultimately don't care since we are talking about Wichita State basketball and what is best for it.

Comment

• I went back to around 3/9 and read just a few pages. Taylor, teammates, coachs and fans seemed to have a
                      positive view of ES. Then, it all seemed to turn. Without specifics I do believe that something happened that
                      truly pissed Eric off and he obviously didn't handle it well and made comments he shouldn't have. Poop happens.
                      I'm done with this. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Begged for fans to come to VCU game...as if we wouldn’t actually pack CKA for a game against a ranked opponent.

Told fans who “switched sides” after Houston loss to stay there...because Shockers fans who’ve been so longer than he’s been alive would jump ship after a two-game losing streak.

I heard someone inside program call him a Richard towards the end of last season. Person said that Erik acted so awful that it was even hard to be happy for Erik when he played well.

I thought he wanted to get the jersey for a relative so he had to buy it to give it to her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

No, I got it. And I happen to agree with you somewhat in the spirit of your question. But it was all in there if you look and understand. A condensation of the minimum basic facts:

1. Worst shooting starting guard of the Marshall era, and not improving as an upperclassman at a different program. Worse than many forwards. But still took a lot of shots and therefore lowered points per possession and was a heavy contributor to losses.
                          2. Despite #1, father and son clearly thought more playing time and focus was deserved.
                          3. Father was on the record on Facebook on multiple occasions openly questioning the program and coach.

I don't know what life/business/military or other background you come from, but any of those individually are dealbreakers at most high major programs. Or could you provide an example - with facts - of a high performing company or other operation where the parent of an employee is allowed and tolerated to be on social media criticizing the top executive?

And as far as "factual quotes from reliable sources" and "most comments would be thrown out in court"... huh? We're talking about college basketball and you're imposing a threshold that Woodward and Bernstein couldn't meet. Or did you call that hogwash too because Deep Throat didn't have a name and was therefore unreliable and inadmissible in court testimony? (Spoiler Alert - his name was Mark Felt and he was a real person).

And actually, with the father posting on Facebook there was actually more provable "factual" evidence that wouldn't be "thrown out in court" than a lot of people go to prison over.

I don't doubt your loyalty and have agreed/enjoyed your posts over the years, but come on.

If we want to fulfill our potential as a high major program and be a program that the best coaches want to lead, we can't tolerate parents on Facebook and/or guards that can't shoot. Those are facts and I welcome any argument to the contrary.

Question back to you - what else exactly do you need? I'm with you on the conjecture and speculative negative comments but there is a preponderance of evidence that both father and son were significant net negatives to the program on and off the court.

As always, I wish them both well in future endeavors but ultimately don't care since we are talking about Wichita State basketball and what is best for it.
                          I HATE the fact that I have helped to keep this thread alive....but it's a good kind of hate...because I'll bet his dad reads it...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Thanks for doing this. I mean, all asiseeit had to do was go back through the thread. There are way too many incidents to re-list them. They are all on here. My guess is he or she doesn't want to take the time to do the research as it doesn't fit their narrative. And to say exclude the dad is nonsense. He was maybe the BIGGEST issue. You can't just ignore that.
                            Agreed. Kinda like ignoring LaVar Ball. He injected himself into this so much he can't be ignored as a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I HATE the fact that I have helped to keep this thread alive....but it's a good kind of hate...because I'll bet his dad reads it...
                              I'm with you and that is kind of why I pulled that data together. If the dad wasn't on Facebook, live and let live. If the kid wasn't a Jeesus H Christ godawful shooter and shot selector and loudmouth, live and let live. But they are. I don't know what kind of shooter the dad was, but he has to just wince every time E is a foot off laterally.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

I thought he wanted to get the jersey for a relative so he had to buy it to give it to her.
                                That’s how I remember it. To be fair, I believe his relative was a cancer survivor and the beneficiary of the jersey auction was cancer research IIRC. So, his heart was in the right place, as I generally believe it was during his playing time here. I think many fans negative feelings towards him came primarily from the things his father said on social media. That is unfortunate. I do hope he is happier back home and like others wish him the best moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X