No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason the coaches poll is a joke. Frank Martin to ESPN states that in Kansas the state is split. You're either a Jayhawk or a Wildcat.

You mean unless you're the 24th ranked Shockers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      Another reason the coaches poll is a joke. Frank Martin to ESPN states that in Kansas the state is split. You're either a Jayhawk or a Wildcat.

He's overcompensating for their lackluster resume. It will be fun seeing how many people show up for an NIT game at the Octagon of Gloom.

Comment

• Ya know. I actually haven't had a problem with KState. But that comment is just dumb and myopic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          Another reason the coaches poll is a joke. Frank Martin to ESPN states that in Kansas the state is split. You're either a Jayhawk or a Wildcat.

It would have had more impact if he said the _country_ is divided .. your either a Jayhawk or a Wildcat. No, in fact let's go globe. Hell, solar system. Bah the whole shebang -- Universe -- either a Jayhawk or a Wildcat.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            It would have had more impact if he said the _country_ is divided .. your either a Jayhawk or a Wildcat. No, in fact let's go globe. Hell, solar system. Bah the whole shebang -- Universe -- either a Jayhawk or a Wildcat.
            I think I am going to send Frank Martin and email and let him know there is at least one Kansan who could care less about either Ku or Kstate. In fact, I would just prefer they both lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
              In fact, I would just prefer they both lose.
              If that happens tonight it will be a heckuva story.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                If that happens tonight it will be a heckuva story.
                I guess that means neither one played tonight or they played each other then.

Comment

• What Martin should have said is the state is divided you either hate Ks or hate K Strait
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• What's more annoying, The Dillons Sunflower Showdown bull or Bobby Knight's color commentary?
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                      What Martin should have said is the state is divided you either hate Ks or hate K Strait
                      Now I think that would have been a lot more accurate statement.:yahoo:

Comment

• Since KU moved UP in the polls last week after losing, it looks like they might be trying to move up again. KU blew a big half-time lead and now KSU is ahead. If KU keeps losing at this pace, they could move into the top 5.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Refs pretty much handed this one to KU.

KSU will be 6-7 in Big XII play with two straight losses. Their next two games are @ Baylor and @ Mizzou.

Toast. Those two losses to Oklahoma will keep them out.

Comment

• Drake isn't a bad loss KC. SIU at home is a bad loss. You need to keep things in perspective and realize how hard it is to go 22-4 in the a season with a SOS in the 60's.

As to the rankings, it would be nice to crack them, but like others have said, I hope it provides another chip on their shoulders. We don't need to be riding high with Missouri State and Davidson coming up. We still haven't won the Valley. I'd rather the guys be pissed until we get some of those things accomplished... and then move on up.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Hell yes we should have been ranked in both polls, but we should certainly be happy for the #24 ranking in the AP. The Coaches Poll has scored us less than the AP virtually all season long, and likely will continue to do so. Let's just keep winning, further expose their biases for what they are, and cram their rankings down their throat, or any other available oral opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Drake isn't a bad loss KC. SIU at home is a bad loss. You need to keep things in perspective and realize how hard it is to go 22-4 in the a season with a SOS in the 60's.

As to the rankings, it would be nice to crack them, but like others have said, I hope it provides another chip on their shoulders. We don't need to be riding high with Missouri State and Davidson coming up. We still haven't won the Valley. I'd rather the guys be pissed until we get some of those things accomplished... and then move on up.
                                I understand what you are saying, but I am speaking how the national audience perceives this loss. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X