Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Hell yes we should have been ranked in both polls, but we should certainly be happy for the #24 ranking in the AP. The Coaches Poll has scored us less than the AP virtually all season long, and likely will continue to do so. Let's just keep winning, further expose their biases for what they are, and cram their rankings down their throat, or any other available oral opening.
    We actually moved up more spots in the coaches poll than the AP poll. WSU was #36 last week in the coaches poll, we moved up 10 spots (which is a lot in one week) to the #26 position. WSU was #31 in the AP poll last week, so WSU only moved up 7 spots in the AP poll (which is still a lot in one week).

After Creighton lost both games before playing us, I figured it would be very hard to move into the top 25 even if we were to beat them. Losing 3 in a row was going to knock them out of the polls, so beating them just didn't look as good any more.

After we totally dominated them by 21 points in front of a record crowd in their house on national TV, I thought maybe we still might barely crack the polls.

I am happy to see we cracked one poll, let's win 2 games this week and crack both polls next week. GO SHOCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
      We actually moved up more spots in the coaches poll than the AP poll. WSU was #36 last week in the coaches poll, we moved up 10 spots (which is a lot in one week) to the #26 position. WSU was #31 in the AP poll last week, so WSU only moved up 7 spots in the AP poll (which is still a lot in one week).

After Creighton lost both games before playing us, I figured it would be very hard to move into the top 25 even if we were to beat them. Losing 3 in a row was going to knock them out of the polls, so beating them just didn't look as good any more.

After we totally dominated them by 21 points in front of a record crowd in their house on national TV, I thought maybe we still might barely crack the polls.

I am happy to see we cracked one poll, let's win 2 games this week and crack both polls next week. GO SHOCKS!
      I never thought of it that way. The poll mechanics do come into play and we had a lot more teams to leap frog over in the coaches poll than the media poll.

After CU lost to UE, I too am just happy we were able to crack either top 25. CU was a wounded duck coming in to our game and it just made our win look less big to the national media and coaches.

But a 21 point smackdown on the road against a team that had been in the top 25 for a long time is just too hard to ignore.

Comment

• The only number I care about is 26; as in 26-4 and MVC Regular Season Champs... then tourney champs... then NCAA champs...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Lets set a new win total record!
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• One win in the dance and winning out until then would be the new record, right?

Comment

• We don't have to only beat it by 1.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                We don't have to only beat it by 1.
                I would like to.see it get beat 5 honestly. I think everyone else on here would love to see that too :)

Comment

• From a publicity standpoint I think we may have hit the best possible scenario. We got positive pub for getting ranked in one poll and positive pub for not getting ranked in the other. And it may still provide bulletin board material for the team.

Blessing in disguise.

Comment

• Our RPI currently is between 13-17 depending on the website, although 16 & 17 seem to be right. RPIForecast shows a 28-4 Shocker team as a 6-7 RPI. What I find interesting is that a 28-4 record is the 2nd most likely scenario (in their matrix) at season's end. The most likely is 27-5 (still getting to the MVC finals) and 3rd is 26-6 (again, getting to the finals). These 3 scenarios total to nearly 70% of the likely outcomes.

This matrix likes the Shocks to advance in St. Louis. I like the way it thinks. Our guys are good.

With 4 regular season games remaining on the schedule, it is intriguing to me to think about a possible seeding of a top 10 RPI ballclub.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      With 4 regular season games remaining on the schedule, it is intriguing to me to think about a possible seeding of a top 10 RPI ballclub.
                      I agree. I think there is a very real chance that we can play our way up to a 3 seed if everything falls just right. Having Creighton and UNI finish as strongly as possible is a huge factor in that dream scenario.

Of course....first things first and all that jazz. But it's certainly fun to think about.

Comment

• I don't think that it is insane to dream of a 4, but am hoping like crazy for a 5.

Comment

• 5 seeds get upset more often than any others, historically speaking. If we can't get a 4, 6 will work nicely.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• ...or be one of the many 5 seeds that win. Any way you look at it, unlike the past several years, our destiny is purely in our own hands. Hopefully 7 games left before the prom. Keep our eye on the prize...one game at a time.

Comment

• These types of scenarios are one of the reasons HCGM took this job. In his own words he was tired of having to win the conference at Winthrop and still being seeded as a 12-14 seed. One of the other reasons was to belong to a conference that received multiple bids. Pull like hell for cretin. btw it really hurts to type that last sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                These types of scenarios are one of the reasons HCGM took this job. In his own words he was tired of having to win the conference at Winthrop and still being seeded as a 12-14 seed. One of the other reasons was to belong to a conference that received multiple bids. Pull like hell for cretin. btw it really hurts to type that last sentence.

Pull on your cretin all you want, but don't go postin' about it on the Internet!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X