No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess, it's a matter of opinion then. If you want to say that losing to a team who has a losing record in the MVC, are 2 and 7 against the top five teams in the MVC and just one game above .500 overall is NOT a bad loss - so be it. You can polish a turd all you want, in the end, all you get is a shiny turd. If that's how you want to justify it, cool with me.

Comment

• Yes we did get on Katz's bad side. He got the red a$$ from a bunch of us for the Nut Busters pairings. I don't think that he has fully recovered yet.

Comment

• OMG..KU losses on Saturday and moves UP to 7th..Top 3 better watch out KU losses a couple more and they'll blow right past ya..They lose at Baylor on Wednesday and they'll move up to 5th..WOW!!
        Found this posted on Rivals, thought it was funny and wanted to share
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• @KCShox:, I think the gripe is that the media is working really hard to polish everyone else's turd, meanwhile you are pointing out the odor on ours.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            It's not. That's @KC Shox:' inner pessimist shinning through.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              I guess, it's a matter of opinion then. If you want to say that losing to a team who has a losing record in the MVC, are 2 and 7 against the top five teams in the MVC and just one game above .500 overall is NOT a bad loss - so be it. You can polish a turd all you want, in the end, all you get is a shiny turd. If that's how you want to justify it, cool with me.
              And if you'd like to say that we can polish a turd all we want, I'll just point out that it's not like we're the only one on the bowl giving a good push. There are multiple teams already ranked, that have a nice collection of a real smooth, polished up turds as big or bigger than ours.

I do want to know when Google starts directing searches for "how to polish a turd" to this thread.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Technically, I suppose @KCShox: is correct. RealTimeRPI.com tags our loss at Drake as a "bad loss". I am assuming because they are outside of the Top 100 in RPI.

Fortunately, it will be our full body of work that will determine our fate and not just that one loss (which is our only so-called bad loss). With a current RPI of 17 that ain't too bad. In fact, at the beginning of the season I would guess most Shocker fans, including KCShox, would have been jumping for joy if they new the Shocks would be at RPI 17 with a 2-game lead in the conference at this point in the season. I can say for a fact that this Shocker team has exceeded my expectations to this point.

We can probably boost that a little bit if we continue winning. Alabama is a concern with their team having major disciplinary problems. May need to start rooting for UNI. They currently are sitting at #52. We could pick up two more Top 50 RPI wins if UNI can move up a couple of spots. Go Shocks, go Panthers and get your stuff together Crimson Tide.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  And if you'd like to say that we can polish a turd all we want, I'll just point out that it's not like we're the only one on the bowl giving a good push. There are multiple teams already ranked, that have a nice collection of a real smooth, polished up turds as big or bigger than ours.

I do want to know when Google starts directing searches for "how to polish a turd" to this thread.
                  Perhaps it's because our turd is more fresh and recent; the odor is still emanating.

Others' are older, therefore dried and petrified. Kids might pick it up, thinking it's a rock, and only after further inspection do they realize: no, turd.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Perhaps this ranking or lack there of will keep the shox hungry. This isnt the time of year where we want any kind of ego being stroked. Darkhorse for the NCAA.

Comment

• If we were in sCUm's situation right now...or in the boat we were in the past couple of years...a 3OT loss vs. a 130 RPI Drake would be a bad loss and my guess is this board would be on board with KC.

Comment

• I get tired of reading this stuff and tell myself that I won't take the bait but....what are we supposed to do, go undefeated for the season to justify an at large invite. That is totally unrealistic. My God, we only have four....yes four losses this season. One in overtime and one in triple overtime. We have enough people trying to disqualify us from an invite, we sure don't need any help from our own fans.

Comment

• I have the urge to go to the bathroom after reading through this last page again.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            I have the urge to go to the bathroom after reading through this last page again.
                            Down the hall...first door on the left...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              I guess, it's a matter of opinion then. If you want to say that losing to a team who has a losing record in the MVC, are 2 and 7 against the top five teams in the MVC and just one game above .500 overall is NOT a bad loss - so be it. You can polish a turd all you want, in the end, all you get is a shiny turd. If that's how you want to justify it, cool with me.
                              Oh, well you're giving it the Madison Avenue, then. Okay. Drake would have beat KU and K State that night too (no Madison Avenue).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

We can probably boost that a little bit if we continue winning. Alabama is a concern with their team having major disciplinary problems. May need to start rooting for UNI. They currently are sitting at #52. We could pick up two more Top 50 RPI wins if UNI can move up a couple of spots. Go Shocks, go Panthers and get your stuff together Crimson Tide.
                                I agree 1000% with this, Nothern Iowa being in the top 50 would be really nice for us on seeding and that team to the north we stomped Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X