No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what it's worth, ESPN's Power 25 shows WSU at 26.

Comment

• I don't get it. We lost to Drake. What do you reasonably expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        I don't get it. We lost to Drake. What do you reasonably expect?
        That wasn't this week we beat MSU and IND St. this week.

Comment

As did Iowa State.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            As did Iowa State.
            Didn't they lose to UNI too...?

Comment

• Seth Davis has tweeted he has us at #25 this week on his AP ballot.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• What's ridunkulous is that so many media are talking so highly of Gregg Marshall's program and Wichita St......BUT they don't, won't...and CAN'T vote Wichita into the Top-25 simply because it would be another non-bcs conference school taking a place of a BCS school in the Top-25. You know what.......

WHATEVER......................
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Around a Top 100 RPI team. Considering that that is our first and only road loss.. in 3OT.. and as others mentioned, have wins over Iowa State and UNI, I don't think your reasoning is valid. Also, consider that was last week, not this week.

Regardless, we won't be in the Top 25 this week. Not enough teams have dropped in front of us for us to move up. Poll Mechanics 101.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The Coach's poll is out and we got two fewer votes (5) than last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      The Coach's poll is out and we got two fewer votes (5) than last week.
                      Coaches poll just lost all credibility with me. Not that it had much to begin with, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                        Coaches poll just lost all credibility with me. Not that it had much to begin with, though.
                        We won't be in even If we win out this week

Comment

• I don't know why the rankings matter so much, but if win our next 2 games, we're top 25, guaranteed

Comment

• The polls can be pretty volatile if you win a string.....

For instance...The Coaches Poll of Jan. 23 didn't have FSU listed...two polls later, FSU has moved to #17. A loss and they may dive off of the chart.

Comment

• Where both polls have lost credence with me is in the fact that Nevada and MTSU both lost, Nevada had a bad loss at home, MTSU lost a tough road game at a good Denver squad....and they are both still in front of WSU in votes.... Winning no longer matters in rankings aparently. ND got hosed too, Harvard in the polls when they barely beat Campbell(?) and ND has run off 4 strait against highly ranked opponents...just doesn't make sense to me how they are ranking teams. I realize it all goes off of a points system, but Nev and MTSU were within 1 or two votes of WSU last week and are now 1 vote ahead still. Just doesn't make sense. I guess everyone will take note when the shox go make some noise in the dance and beat one of the beloved east coast schools....again.
                              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                The Coach's poll is out and we got two fewer votes (5) than last week.
                                That's a real head scratcher, however the AP poll is just as wacky...KU loses and moves up a spot
                                and how in the hell can anyone vote Harvard in? Thats just being a lazy voter. They would not finish in the top half of the valley

Comment

Working...
                                X