No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's beat the Bears, win the BB, and finish with two more wins in the regular season. That should wrap up a top 25 ranking, and more importantly a Conference Championship and a spot in the dance!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Being ranked probably is a recruiting tool, but otherwise, who gives a shat......

Comment

• ah everybody cares...thats why there is a topic on this...recruting, ect. it does matter.

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
        Polls are nice for the fans and all...but really, who cares?

I think this will keep the chip on our shoulder. Big games forthcoming!

Comment

• Is it a disappointment to many that WSU is not ranked in both polls? Of course it is. Most assuredly to the coaching staff and players. It just means we need to go out there and prove "the powers that be" wrong on this score. We have a very, very tough and important game on Wednesday night. In fact any one of our remaining three games could bite us -- but let's just concentrate on one game at a time. It would make MSU's season if they could brag they took down the reigning conference leader, not once but twice, and on their courts. We cannot let that happen. (Never have cared for the arrogance displayed by Weems and I don't want to give him any ammunition to carry over into the Valley Tournament.) Our team needs to be focused and I have faith in Marshall and the coaching staff that they will be.

Comment

• Coach's Show tonight should be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
              this **** is why marshall will leave for a bcs school! At this level have to freaking win every game and than some to even be ranked. Its gotta be stressful to be coach.
              No, it's actually another great reason for him to stay a long time. Some people (coaches) thrive on the "we-get-no-respect" card. They love to prove people wrong.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Question: Has Coach Marshall ever had a team ranked in both major polls at the same time?

Comment

• I was just thinking that Temple has a beef also. How about a re-match between the Shocks and the Owls well into March Madness? Let's do it.

Comment

• Impressive meltdown.

The Coach's Poll always lags the AP in anticipating upward (and downward) team trends. No surprise here.

Keep winning. We have an excellent shot at a 4/5 seed and an outside shot at a 3 seed if we just take of business from here on out. Just. Win. Baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Being ranked probably is a recruiting tool, but otherwise, who gives a shat......
                      That would be a big +.

Overall I think it is a public affirmation that people recognize your team perceived worth. It is better to be ranked than not. I'm sure it make the players feel that all their hard work is being recognized. It also fun for the fans. In the big scheme of things it probably doesn't matter - but then again if u go that route basketball doesn't really matter either.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                        Impressive meltdown.

The Coach's Poll always lags the AP in anticipating upward (and downward) team trends. No surprise here.

Keep winning. We have an excellent shot at a 4/5 seed and an outside shot at a 3 seed if we just take of business from here on out. Just. Win. Baby.
                        If we get a 3 seed watch em whine-I'll make Packer & Nance look like schoolboys
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I'm surprised how many people are saying "the rankings don't matter". Tell that to all the recruits out there, and all the fans of basketball that follow the rankings every week. Plus there's the additional ESPN coverage that comes from being a top 25 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                            Impressive meltdown.

Ultimately where you are seeded in the NCAA Tournament, if you are fortunate enough to make it, is the ultimate pre-Tournament ranking. We still have work to do to 1) insure we make the tournament and 2) to maximize our seeding and the road before us is not without potholes that could knock a wheel of the car.

If we don't jump on the opportunity to close out the season with a bang and stumble down the stretch (ala Creighton) none of us will give a rat's behind whether or not we were ranked on February 13th. Do the Creighton fan's really care that their team was ranked 15th and 17th a week ago? I doubt it.

My biggest question for 3G is do you feel like your players are in the proper state of mind and properly focused? as opposed to, what do you feel about your poll ranking?

So do the polls matter. Yes, but only if you can sustain your level of play. Ultimately, your final ranking is the only one people (and recruits) will remember with any fondness.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 13, 2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Comment

• Anyone know where to see the actual ballot? I dee Davidson's coach is on the panel. I'm curious to see how he voted prior to the Brackbuster match up.
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X