Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's rpis of interest (warren nolan):

WSU #27, UNLV #7, CU #15, Temple #16, Murry St. #34, Alabama #37

UNI #61, Davidson #66, MoST #80, Colorado #83, The Drake #102, Indy St. #112, TULSA #113, Illini. St. #117, Charleston Southern #138, UAB #144, UTAH ST. #146

UE #156, Fullerton #197, BU #218, SIU #236, Chicago St. #324
    Last edited by shox1989; February 2, 2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Looks like the old saying "cream rises to the top" and the other "turds sink to the bottom" is hold ing true.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Looks like the old saying "cream rises to the top" and the other "turds sink to the bottom" is hold ing true.
        I don't understand the entirety of the point you are trying to make, but I need to correct you on a thing or two. While it is absolutely true that cream rises to the top, other turds sink to the bottom isn't completely factually accurate. Some turds rise to the top and others sink, it all depends on the turd. A turd formed from cream would certainly rise, while I would guess that a pound cake turd would sink. Mexican food turds simply disintegrate.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• he's right

Comment

• How did a discussion of Weems end up in the Poll Watch thread?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Lunardi has WSU as #31 on his S curve. The final 4 IN at large teams are #47 to #51. Which means there are 30 teams that are more safely IN right now, but another 20 teams behind us.

I don't know where he had us before we lost to the Drake, but as of right now we are safely in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                Lunardi has WSU as #31 on his S curve. The final 4 IN at large teams are #47 to #51. Which means there are 30 teams that are more safely IN right now, but another 20 teams behind us.

I don't know where he had us before we lost to the Drake, but as of right now we are safely in.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...od_ncb_xxx_xxx
                That sounds about right to me. We have a good chance to further solidify things with this homestand- a couple wins will probably lurch us into the RPI top 20 heading into the Creighton rematch.

Comment

• BTW- Lunardi has Creighton at #13 on his S curve. That means they are just one spot away from being a 3 seed.

Comment

• Does anyone else think we might crack the top 25 tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      Does anyone else think we might crack the top 25 tomorrow?

Going with the AP poll:

#20 Indiana went 1-1. Loss was against #23 Michigan. They will probably stay in the top 25

#21 Florida St went 2-0 with a win over #18 Virginia. They will only go up in ranking

#22 Mississipi ST went 1-0

#23 Michigan went 1-1 but only lost to #10 Michigan St and beat #20 Indiana. I doubt they will fall out. Even if they do I think they will stay ahead of us.

#24 Gonzaga went 1-1 and will likely fall out of the top 25, but how far?

#25 Vandy went 0-2 this past week. Most certainly will fall from the polls.

#26 (69 votes) Harvard went 2-0

#27 (65 votes) Louisville went 1-0

#28 (40 votes) K-State went 1-1

#29 (12 votes) West Virginia went 1-1

Given the Shox only received 9 votes last week I think Harvard and Louisville will crack the top 25 as Gonzaga and Vandy fall out.

In short, I doubt we get enough votes to crack the top 25 this week. Shox will have to go 2-0 this week and will surely break the top 25 next week if they should do that.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Wichita St. should be ranked! C'mon 20-4 overall record playing in the in the MVC!!!! Gimmie a break bias bcs voters.... Reward Gregg's program for God's sake and show some "real" voting responsibility.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          Does anyone else think we might crack the top 25 tomorrow?
                          There were certainly a ton of losses from teams ranked 20-25. Additionally, most of the teams ranked in the 26-30 range dropped at least one also.

My guess is that we'll be around 27 in each poll tomorrow. Might get a sniff from Gary Parrish in his Top 25 and one this evening.

Comment

• The big question is can we break the near poll jinx? Crucial to beat NI. Then beating CU definitely gets us in. Losing to CU does not kill us as long as the game is close. We may very well be two weeks away from breaking in if we can go at least 3-1 over this period.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Wichita St. should be ranked! C'mon 20-4 overall record playing in the in the MVC!!!! Gimmie a break bias bcs voters.... Reward Gregg's program for God's sake and show some "real" voting responsibility.
                              Yeh what he said. +1

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                                There were certainly a ton of losses from teams ranked 20-25. Additionally, most of the teams ranked in the 26-30 range dropped at least one also.

My guess is that we'll be around 27 in each poll tomorrow. Might get a sniff from Gary Parrish in his Top 25 and one this evening.
                                Nope mr parrish thinks ND and Iowa St are better than the Shockers. I guess teams are ranked via conference and not talent and ability as a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X