No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should be with Louisville, right outside the poll. When they start winning again, if they start winning again, they can easily move right back in.

Comment

• The shockers have 4 games to reach the top 25 prior to the week of the Creighton rematch (since it is a Saturday game) if, and I mean IF (knock on oh so very much wood) the shockers can run the table, it'll be a top 25 showdown in omaha. Im not too concerned with the rankings, over 40 teams in the big dance aren't ranked. Go Shockers!
      “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        They should be with Louisville, right outside the poll. When they start winning again, if they start winning again, they can easily move right back in.
        Louisville hasn't beaten squat and when they started tanking, it was obvious they were not legitimate. However, Indiana has a wins over 2 teams in the Top 3 in the country. Give anybody the conference schedule they just had, and you'd be crazy to think most would come out of it 7-1 or 8-0. Again, they lose, they fall. You have to look at them from an overall standpoint along with what are you doing for me lately. There are not 25 teams ahead of Indiana right now.

By your logic, a team like Florida State should be ranked in the Top 5, based on their play over the last two weeks, but that's obviously not plausible and not sensible. Again, poll mechanics. You don't penalize teams or reward teams based solely on 1 game or a small stretch of games. You do drop them, which is what the pollsters have done. But you don't just say, "oh Indiana.. 4-4 conference record, buh bye."
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So then, Harvard?

Comment

• Our AP total is helped a bit by Matthew Stevens of Columbus, Mississippi and Steve Walentik of Columbia, Missouri both having us at #18.

Also, Pivovar was nice and moved us into his ballot at #24 this week

Comment

• Harvard is 15-2.

Harvard lost at UCONN, but they also have a bad loss at Fordham.

They beat Florida State, Central Florida, and St. Joe's.

They got into the top 25 based on their win vs. Florida State and then they keep winning except for the Fordham loss.

Their RPI is only 48. So they are likely to be a ranked team with not so great of a seed come tourney time.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                Yeah, but you have to ask yourself...Do you really think we're the 13th best team in the nation? No....

I think we're a solid top 30 team...We have the Creighton and Bracketbuster games to prove that we're better than that...not to mention getting all the other W's in between.
                I don't think we are the 13th best in the country but IMO we should have cracked the top 25 by now. We are in a much better position this year vs last. I hope the guys look at this and carry a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season and into post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Our AP total is helped a bit by Matthew Stevens of Columbus, Mississippi and Steve Walentik of Columbia, Missouri both having us at #18.

Also, Pivovar was nice and moved us into his ballot at #24 this week
                  Where do you find what pollsters voted which way? One of the reporters for the Lawrence Journal World has a vote. I'd like to see what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    Where do you find what pollsters voted which way? One of the reporters for the Lawrence Journal World has a vote. I'd like to see what he did.

Comment

• If we win both games this week and then win at MSU, we'll have a lot of believers. Our schedule gets really rough after this week and we'll know soon enough how good we really are.

Comment

• Looks like we are ranked on 10 ballots. The guy from Lawrence has WSU UNRANKED.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                          Looks like we are ranked on 10 ballots. The guy from Lawrence has WSU UNRANKED.
                          A few years ago JJ said the only mistake Quantrell made in his raid on larryville was he didn't finish the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            A few years ago JJ said the only mistake Quantrell made in his raid on larryville was he didn't finish the job.
                            +1
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              Sounds like a plan Doc!
                              Running the table to St. Louis is a goal, not a plan. A plan is running the table through Evansville on Wednesday.

The goal can not be achieved without implementing the the current plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                Looks like we are ranked on 10 ballots. The guy from Lawrence has WSU UNRANKED.
                                Of course he doesnt, they live in a bubble
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X