2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I know this is gonna sound crazy, but is KU now guaranteed a #1 seed at Intrust come March, already? How can they not be?
    It's gonna be interesting when Wichita hosts the tourney and WSU, KU and KSU don't get to play there because the only protected seed isn't allowed to be there :)

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
      I just want to know how obvious a troll has to be to get the boot around here?
      There’s an absurd amount of leash given around here. It really muddies up the place and gives the trolls the idea that they’re invincible.

Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Am I missing something? I don't live in Wichita either but I don't understand what Shaqness said.
        This doesn’t surprise me. May I ask where you reside and what your association with WSU is?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post

Inconsequential?
          I listened to Kunkel last night. I go to bed late and there's not much of a TV selection at 10:30 on a Sunday night. Actually I have Kunkel on while doing somethig else.

Now he's referring to the loss to Washington as being "devastating". After Washington beat KU by 9 in Lawrence, they lost at home to Gonzaga by 27! After that happened, "inconsequential" turned into "devastating". Of course, both Kunkel and Parsons made arguments for why ASU should now be ranked #3. After they made those arguments, they both put the top 5 as 'Nova, Duke, MSU, WSU, and ASU.

The most interesting thing on Sunday night sports was Webber's presser after they lost to Tulsa where he actually said (in reference to KSU's players), "We probably had them over-hyped and too well prepared". That's right Bruce, you lose games because your team is too well prepared.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• KU's real problem?

Chucking up a ton of 3s makes it pretty hard for the refs to help.

Comment

• I don't really see how Shaqness is being that big of a troll. A lot of the "flaws" he has pointed out in WSU's game are true....
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

The most interesting thing on Sunday night sports was Webber's presser after they lost to Tulsa where he actually said (in reference to KSU's players), "We probably had them over-hyped and too well prepared". That's right Bruce, you lose games because your team is too well prepared.
                This can happen....trust me. It's a real thing. You over prepare your team and they forget how to do simple basketball things.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

This doesn’t surprise me. May I ask where you reside and what your association with WSU is?
                  Very odd how I got involved in this team. I currently live near St. Louis of Missouri. As a kid (like 10) I always did March Madness brackets, and in 2014, I saw Wichita State was undefeated as a 1 seed and picked them to go all the way. You know how that turned out. I just started liking them then, since I did not care that much for basketball like Missouri or SLU. I was not in to CBB till last year, when I watched nearly all of Wichita State's games and learned some of the roster. Now I watch every game and might watch some baseball coming up. I am now a freshman in HS.
                  Last edited by FadedCrown; December 11, 2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Very odd how I got involved in this team. I currently live in the near St. Louis of Missouri. As a kid (like 10) I always did March Madness brackets, and in 2014, I saw Wichita State was undefeated as a 1 seed and picked them to go all the way. You know how that turned out. I just started liking them then, since I did not care that much for basketball like Missouri or SLU. I was not in to CBB till last year, when I watched nearly all of Wichita State's games and learned some of the roster. Now I watch every game and might watch some baseball coming up. I am now a freshman in HS.
                    Cool story. Thanks for following the team and welcome aboard.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Cool story. Thanks for following the team and welcome aboard.
                      Thanks, and I might add that I attended last year's home game versus Bradley (had to wake up at 5). This year, however, I currently have no plans to go to any games sadly (mostly relies on parents) but when I come out into the adult life I plan to attend some games thought the season.

Comment

Very odd how I got involved in this team. I currently live near St. Louis of Missouri. As a kid (like 10) I always did March Madness brackets, and in 2014, I saw Wichita State was undefeated as a 1 seed and picked them to go all the way. You know how that turned out. I just started liking them then, since I did not care that much for basketball like Missouri or SLU. I was not in to CBB till last year, when I watched nearly all of Wichita State's games and learned some of the roster. Now I watch every game and might watch some baseball coming up. I am now a freshman in HS.
                        FadedCrown, I was wondering about you, but you're young and not from around here. That explains everything about your posting. You're honestly trying to learn. That's a lot different than some posters who come here to create problems and PRETEND to be trying to learn.

Now I will answer your question about the latest thing Shaqness did that got me on his butt. We do not appreciate Wichita being referred to as Witchy Titty, or about any variation that uses either Witch or tit. That's not cool. Shaqness used "Witch-A-Titty" to refer to Wichita. That is going to get a reaction here. That's part of WSU's name. Imagine someone showing up at an SLU game with a sign that said "Go Billy Goats".

When Shaqness got the reaction to "Witch-A-Titty" that he was probably expecting, he quoted that reaction and put an "LOL" as his response. Shaqness appears to be trying to hang around here as long as possible in order to see how many feathers he can ruffle on this board. He will lose in that effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

FadedCrown, I was wondering about you, but you're young and not from around here. That explains everything about your posting. You're honestly trying to learn. That's a lot different than some posters who come here to create problems and PRETEND to be trying to learn.

Now I will answer your question about the latest thing Shaqness did that got me on his butt. We do not appreciate Wichita being referred to as Witchy Titty, or about any variation that uses either Witch or tit. That's not cool. Shaqness used "Witch-A-Titty" to refer to Wichita. That is going to get a reaction here. That's part of WSU's name. Imagine someone showing up at an SLU game with a sign that said "Go Billy Goats".

When Shaqness got the reaction to "Witch-A-Titty" that he was probably expecting, he quoted that reaction and put an "LOL" as his response. Shaqness appears to be trying to hang around here as long as possible in order to see how many feathers he can ruffle on this board. He will lose in that effort.
                          Ok I see now, and thanks for the explanation.

Comment

• Is it ok to saw Wichita is colder than a witch's titty?

Comment

• wheathead
                              wheathead commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Dan I believe you got snow in Houston before we did up here in doo dah. We should be asking you about the “how cold” jokes.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Is it ok to saw Wichita is colder than a witch's titty?
                            Don’t forget the brass bra.

Comment

• shock
                              shock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Its already been -30 here and I still think Wichita is colder in the winter

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Is it ok to saw Wichita is colder than a witch's titty?
                            Only on really cold days. None of this wimping out and thinking it's cold just because it's going to get down to 10 degrees overnight. Save it for the days or nights when you actually need a coat. Gotta man up for Kansas winters.

Comment

Working...
                            X