2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    ASU will make a big jump but they won't come close to leapfrogging us, rest easy.

The only question is whether we move ahead of Duke. It's possible but less than 50/50 IMO.
    I think it's highly possible both Duke and ASU end up ahead of us

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think it's highly possible both Duke and ASU end up ahead of us
      Strongly disagree on ASU but we'll see i suppose. I'd peg the odds at less than 2% -I wouldn't put as much stock in 3 voters' tweets, poll mechanics are stronger than you are allowing for.

Comment

• I think that enough people will be ranking ASU out of the Top 10 (and have us in the Top 5-8) to not have them leap frog us. But we will see.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

Strongly disagree on ASU but we'll see i suppose. I'd peg the odds at less than 2% -I wouldn't put as much stock in 3 voters' tweets, poll mechanics are stronger than you are allowing for.

The sad part... Ranking ASU that high makes more sense than Duke... You can't lose to Boston college (who just lost one of their best players) and not get punished

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The sad part... Ranking ASU that high makes more sense than Duke... You can't lose to Boston college (who just lost one of their best players) and not get punished
            You can if your jersey says Duke. I'm guessing they'll still have double digits 1st place votes.

Also, at this point, KU's entire claim to Top 25 is a 3 point neutral win over a Kentucky team people only think is decent because they only lost to KU by 3.

Comment

• If KU were in the PAC12, they might finish last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                Coach Jans got a win on the road against NM. 7-2 so far on the season.
                I assume that Coach Jans has pretty much eliminated just about all the doubters and naysayers regarding his hiring among the Aggie fan base.

The win gave NM State its first sweep of both rivals since the 2002-03 season and the first Aggie victory in Albuquerque since 2013. Jans also became the only first-year head coach to sweep all four games against rivals UNM and UTEP.
                The NM State men's basketball team made history Saturday night with its 65-62 win and sweep of New Mexico.

Comment

• Comment

• ASU is 36 in KenPom. That is crazy.

Comment

• Anybody else notice MVC flagship SWOMO lost to Oral Roberts? I can’t help but follow the Valley still...

for a while there it was looking like they may have been on course for an “up” year even without WSU, and then this last week or two just hit the reset button.

meanwhile the American seems to be behaving pretty well in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        Anybody else notice MVC flagship SWOMO lost to Oral Roberts? I can’t help but follow the Valley still...

for a while there it was looking like they may have been on course for an “up” year even without WSU, and then this last week or two just hit the reset button.

meanwhile the American seems to be behaving pretty well in general.
                        That was a bad loss for MSU. Basically, most of the team showed up, however, Johnson had a poor shooting game, inside and out (3-13, 1-6, 9 points). He wasn't in foul trouble and played 34 minutes.

Comment

• Honest to God, I’m scared of no one except Michigan State. Pray to God we are on the other side of the bracket... would make for an exceptional championship bout.

Comment

• KU is basically 5 deep, 6 on a good day. They are really missing 6'10" F Billy Preston from their line up. I still don't think KU has disclosed what kind of car Preston was driving when he got into the accident. That is some fishy stuff. If Preston ever comes back, he and Azabuike will be a formidable front line, but until then, I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                              Shocker Mama commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yep. ASU had 21 bench points, and KU had 1.

• BOBB
                              BOBB commented
                              Editing a comment
                              5th Beatle, 6th Jayhawk

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                            KU is basically 5 deep, 6 on a good day. They are really missing 6'10" F Billy Preston from their line up. I still don't think KU has disclosed what kind of car Preston was driving when he got into the accident. That is some fishy stuff. If Preston ever comes back, he and Azabuike will be a formidable front line, but until then, I'm laughing all the way to the bank.
                            The Billy Preston situation is really bizarre. But the strangest thing is how hush-hush it has been for weeks. Apparently the KU media are Bill Self lapdogs, and won't investigate on their own to find out what is going on.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                              KU is basically 5 deep, 6 on a good day. They are really missing 6'10" F Billy Preston from their line up. I still don't think KU has disclosed what kind of car Preston was driving when he got into the accident. That is some fishy stuff. If Preston ever comes back, he and Azabuike will be a formidable front line, but until then, I'm laughing all the way to the bank.
                              Malik Newman suffered a concussion today, too. @ Nebraska could get scary if he’s not back by then.

Comment

Working...
                              X