Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    I don't think this is on the ncaa. MSU was supposed to bid for the super regional. If they wanted to use another regional park they would have had to bid it well before the tournament started.
    Maybe they should have checked into using Eck stadium for their super regional. It wouldn't have been at home but at least it would have been a neutral venue. A national seed going on the road for the supers really negates the advantage of being a national seed.

Comment

DBU beat VCU 2-1 today to force a second championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
        Maybe they should have checked into using Eck stadium for their super regional. It wouldn't have been at home but at least it would have been a neutral venue. A national seed going on the road for the supers really negates the advantage of being a national seed.
        They would have been more than welcomed here. I certainly would have attended, even if the Shox weren't playing

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          I don't think this is on the ncaa. MSU was supposed to bid for the super regional. If they wanted to use another regional park they would have had to bid it well before the tournament started.
          It's on both really, but the rule is absolutely ridiculous. No reason MSU couldn't have played their super regional in the afternoon with the Cardinals playing in the evening. Give them the 11am time slot, the games would have been over in plenty of time to get the field ready for Texas League Baseball. Just my thoughts, but I don't see what would have been wrong with that

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
            It's on both really, but the rule is absolutely ridiculous. No reason MSU couldn't have played their super regional in the afternoon with the Cardinals playing in the evening. Give them the 11am time slot, the games would have been over in plenty of time to get the field ready for Texas League Baseball. Just my thoughts, but I don't see what would have been wrong with that
            Since you are the foremost expert in scheduling on ShockerNet why not call SWOMO and offer your thoughts?

I'am sure that they overlooked a morning start.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

The NCAA doesn't share. Right, wrong, or indifferent...that's the way it is.
              78-65

Comment

Baseball is an outside sport. Weather is always a possible issue. Assign them an early start, but rain delays or postponements come up and you have real issues. If you rain Saturday morning game out, can you get 2 NCAA games in on Sunday and a Texas League game or 2?

Comment

DBU-VCU Championship game on espn3 right now. If DBU wins this game they are headed to a super regional!

Comment

Go DBU!

Comment

• Valley seems to be doing just fine without WSU. lol
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I also love the Bare fans coming here for validation. At least they know the pecking order.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• FAYETVILLE GAME TIMES SET:
                          Friday, June 5 – 3:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
                          Saturday, June 6 – 1 p.m. (ESPN2)
                          Sunday, June 7 – 2 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Can the Hogs upset the heavy favorite, the powerful Ozark juggernaut. SWOMO Bears?

PIGGIES!!!!
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                            FAYETVILLE GAME TIMES SET:
                            Friday, June 5 – 3:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
                            Saturday, June 6 – 1 p.m. (ESPN2)
                            Sunday, June 7 – 2 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Can the Hogs upset the heavy favorite, the powerful Ozark juggernaut. SWOMO Bears?

PIGGIES!!!!
                            Warrennolan.com actually gives us a 63% chance to make it to Omaha. Actually one of the bigger favorites of all the SR matchups. Taccolini is out, we pitch it better than them, field it better, and are pretty close in hitting. I'm not going to guarantee victory or anything because baseball is a sport of inches but I expect to more likely than not be in Omaha in the next two weeks eating some Runza.

Comment

• Didn't see it posted here but DBU lost the 2nd championship game 3-1 to VCU and will not be advancing. DBU's offense kind of went dormant here late in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Didn't see it posted here but DBU lost the 2nd championship game 3-1 to VCU and will not be advancing. DBU's offense kind of went dormant here late in the season.
                                They were not patient enough at the plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X