Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jtaylor View Post
    Could have been worse! The hogs could have been playing a team that the Bears beat 5 times!
    I'm not sure I even follow your point in the first place here and I'm not sure if anything is worse than getting absolutely tossed out of a game like that. I mean, there's almost not even enough TIME in a game to allow more runs. It's hard to beat a bad team 18-4.

Comment

Could have been worse! The hogs could have been playing a team that the Bears beat 5 times!
      If you're talking about the Shox, it'll be a long time before they sniff a super regional again, especially with the coach they have. And I wouldn't worry about making friends on these boards, if you have a differing opinion of some of the long time posters here, you'll get called out.

All I know is we got our tails whipped 5 times by the best of the MVC and I personally will be rooting for MSU to bounce back and take the next 2. If not it was still a heck of a season for MSU, one that WSU likely will not see for quite some time.

I do find it funny that Arkansas is becoming relevant and figuring out how to hit again now that Todd Butler is no longer there. Go figure lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Lusking will revert back to his usual posting style of *crickets*.

jtaylor may have made his last post ever on a Shocker board.

18-4? Good Lord that's embarrassing. Even more so for a National Seed.
        Does this score remind you at all of that time when big east powerhouse creighton had what they thought was a great season and then they got destroyed 85-55 in the post season by a regular Baylor team, reducing Dougie to tears (the embarassed bad kind, not the joy mixed with sorrow as he closes a chapter kind)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          I'm not sure I even follow your point in the first place here and I'm not sure if anything is worse than getting absolutely tossed out of a game like that. I mean, there's almost not even enough TIME in a game to allow more runs. It's hard to beat a bad team 18-4.
          It's one game, even the best teams have bad games. I've seen mlb teams get beat 18-4, so I'm not as quick to judge off one game as some are.

Now, if it happens again tomorrow, then yea, it probably means MSU was overmatched. We'll see what happens

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Lusking will revert back to his usual posting style of *crickets*.

jtaylor may have made his last post ever on a Shocker board.

18-4? Good Lord that's embarrassing. Even more so for a National Seed.
            Could be worse. Could be the top overall seed UCLA, who couldn't even make it past regionals. Just goes to show that seedings aren't the be all, end all that people make them out to be. I've always thought seeds meant nothing in the long run

Comment

Wow, that was too easy. You got baited and fell right for it. You're more pathetic than I thought. Still checking the WSU boards after drubbings on national tv in your best season in Missouri State sports history. It's cute how you check this place out for validation, lol. We haven't even played for 2 weeks and we're still in your mind...ouch.

Way ta represent the Valley today!

What's the all-time series record of WSU vs. MSU? Regional appearances head-to-head? CWS? National Championship appearances? National Championships?

Get back to me what you find out. I'll give you a hint. You'll always be second in command as long as WSU is in this God-foresaken conference, whether it's baseball, basketball, or women's roller derby.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                Does this score remind you at all of that time when big east powerhouse creighton had what they thought was a great season and then they got destroyed 85-55 in the post season by a regular Baylor team, reducing Dougie to tears (the embarassed bad kind, not the joy mixed with sorrow as he closes a chapter kind)?
                It is pretty similar. Kinda funny.

Getting Creighton'ed in baseball isn't a good thing.

I wonder if the Springfield Cardinals won tonight?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The bares roll out the NCAA leader in strikeouts today, they have been so dominate all year they still have to be the heavy favorite.

If the NCAA hadn't screwed them things would have been a lot different yesterday.

All I can say is, go piggies!
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                    Just goes to show that seedings aren't the be all, end all that people make them out to be. I've always thought seeds meant nothing in the long run
                    Be all and end all? No. But it is a decided advantage to play at home throughout the tournament. Way more top seeds win than lose. Way more.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Bears have the thunder sticks today the pigs are overmatched.

SWOMO up 1-0 no outs in the top of the 2nd.

I am afraid that it is all over but the shouting for the pigs,
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• It's a hog roast in Fatettville today, our bares are boat racing the pigs 3-0 after 4.

Arkansas having trouble with the big time D-1 curveball from Hall.

Comment

• These announcers are idiots.

(3-2 count, no out, runner on first)
                          "You can't afford to send runner here and risk strike-em-out, throw-em-out double play."
                          (Runner not sent, ground-ball double play)
                          "The book says you need to send your runner there to avoid the ground-ball double play."

You can't have it both ways.
                          78-65

Comment

• Good ole Uncle Charlie
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Heckuva an effort from Matt Hall. One of the best curve balls around. Not just the amount of break but more importantly the command. He can really locate that thing.

Comment

• The bares live to fight another day.

There would be no way I could ever root for them in any sport, go HOGS!

Comment

Working...
                                X