No announcement yet.

Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A faux pas by the Patriots to allow the only #4 seed still playing to advance -- but a reminder to others that there's always hope, no matter where you're seeded. Eleven #1s moved on this year, but also a #2 and three #3s in addition to the Rams.

Next year it's time for WSU to return to the fray.

Comment

• Deleted for duplication

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
        Warrennolan.com actually gives us a 63% chance to make it to Omaha. Actually one of the bigger favorites of all the SR matchups. Taccolini is out, we pitch it better than them, field it better, and are pretty close in hitting. I'm not going to guarantee victory or anything because baseball is a sport of inches but I expect to more likely than not be in Omaha in the next two weeks eating some Runza.
        This all but locks up an Arkansas trip to Omaha.

Woooohoooooo Pig Sooooooooooie
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• [QUOTE=ShockerFever;580136]This all but locks up an Arkansas trip to Omaha.

Woooohoooooo Pig Sooooooooooie[/QUOT

Sour grapes or jealously? Which is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jtaylor View Post
            Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Woooohoooooo Pig Sooooooooooie
            Meh. There is some significant history with Lusking making some terrible predictions. And while I happen to be rooting for the Bears, it might be good to remember that this is, in fact, a WSU forum. Just because you can't scrape together enough people that care on your own forum doesn't mean everyone here wants to see the 3 MSU fans crawl out from under whatever they've been hiding under for 3 years and beat their chests.

Comment

• Runza? So, the best thing Casey can hope for is a Runza?

Runza's suck.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Runza? So, the best thing Casey can hope for is a Runza?

Runza's suck.
                What the heck is a Runza? Sounds like the brand of something that Bill Self wears on his head.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  What the heck is a Runza? Sounds like the brand of something that Bill Self wears on his head.
                  That's a Rugza. Subtle but important difference.

Comment

Runza? So, the best thing Casey can hope for is a Runza?

Runza's suck.
                    Sounds like an ailment. "Oh, he's not doing so well. He has the runza."

Comment

• I remember going to Fayetteville when the Shockers went to a regional there. Arkansas totally abused one of their pitchers on a few days rest but they won the regional. Good place to play, good stadium. MoST should be able to have fans travel to the game as it is only a few hours away. I will root for the Bears to win and get to the CWS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        That's a Rugza. Subtle but important difference.

Ooooooh.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jtaylor;580157]
                          Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Woooohoooooo Pig Sooooooooooie[/QUOT

You're a Bare fan posting on a WSU board during your greatest run in sports history. I think we know who the jealous one is.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A Runza is a bierock. A German inspired ethnic sandwich.

Runzas are available in Lawrence, Kansas. Runzas suck.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• meme_20150603_135923.jpg

Comment

A Runza is a bierock. A German inspired ethnic sandwich.

Runzas are available in Lawrence, Kansas. Runzas suck.
                                I'm assuming most of us know what a bierock is. As much German heritage in Kansas as there is in Nebraska.

The funny thing is people in Nebraska refer to a bierock as a "Runza", whether or not they are actually referencing a product of the restaurant. Kind of weird. Like calling all hamburgers a "Big Mac" or something.

And Runzas really aren't anything special. I believe they are made hours or days before in a generic 'base' form, and then only customized and nuked at ordering. They don't generally taste fresh; they taste like something that comes out of a microwave. Runza does actually have pretty decent burgers though.

If you end up in Omaha and want something fast-food-ish that we don't have in Wichita, go to Culvers. Make sure and get cheese curds instead of fries. If I were a wealthy person looking to park some cash somewhere I would buy a few Culvers franchises and plant them around the Wichita area. Rarely do you see a Culvers that is not busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X