Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
    They also commented on how sad it was how far WSU has fallen and that everybody hopes they get back to where they used to be because the Valley needs them.
    It is sad if you are a Shocker fan but it looks to me like the valley is doing just fine without Wichita State as a baseball power.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
      It is sad if you are a Shocker fan but it looks to me like the valley is doing just fine without Wichita State as a baseball power.
      Let's see how many Valley teams make it to Omaha and then see how many National Championships they can play in.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am cheering for both. It only elevates the Valley. After watching many of the games, MSU has a legit shot of making Omaha. DBU has some work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
          I am cheering for both. It only elevates the Valley. After watching many of the games, MSU has a legit shot of making Omaha. DBU has some work to do.

Bears win regional!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Let's see how many Valley teams make it to Omaha and then see how many National Championships they can play in.

Well SWOMO has been to the CWS once since the Shox were there but no title.

SWOMO will have a fun time on the road in Fayetteville in a real college baseball park and not some rented minor league facility.

Let's hope the piggies send them home.
            Last edited by JJClamdip; June 1, 2015, 06:45 AM.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
              Well SWOMO has been to the CWS once since the Shox were there but no title.

SWOMO will have a fun time on the road in Fayetteville in a real college baseball park and not some rented minor league facility.

Let's hope the piggies send them home.
              So much for pulling for the Valley??

Comment

Originally posted by Jtaylor View Post
                So much for pulling for the Valley??
                With friends like you, who needs enemies?
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Never thought I'd say it, but Go Bears!!
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

As a former shocker player and a big fan wsu baseball. I for one am extremely happy for the bears. I know some players and they are great guys, I was able to speak to some bear fans during our conference tourny and had nothing but pleasant conversations with them. Every team has a few jackals as fans, however I have felt that luskinforgutin hasn't been too out of line during his recent posts. I know it's not a popular opinion but go bears! If nothing else it should show us shocker fans that things can turn around quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by KansasShocker View Post
                      As a former shocker player and a big fan wsu baseball. I for one am extremely happy for the bears. I know some players and they are great guys, I was able to speak to some bear fans during our conference tourny and had nothing but pleasant conversations with them. Every team has a few jackals as fans, however I have felt that luskinforgutin hasn't been too out of line during his recent posts. I know it's not a popular opinion but go bears! If nothing else it should show us shocker fans that things can turn around quickly.
                      Likewise. I've had great interactions with WSU fans in person. I won't mind it when WSU baseball gets things going again because that makes the rivalry a lot more special. Best in the MVC in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Ok, I know I'm not feeling well, but the fact that Fever and I agree on anything makes me wonder. Yet I completely agree, once another MVC team reaches Omaha and plays in a championship game and wins a title, everyone in the MVC needs the Shox to start rising up to the team they used to be.

Comment

I still think it's ridiculous that a national seed has to play on the road for a super regional. I get the whole sharing ballpark thing, but you're telling me there's not another ballpark in or around Springfield that would be adequate to host a super regional? LuskingforGuttin, what else was available that could have been used?

I hate the NCAA and some of their stupid policies and regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                            I still think it's ridiculous that a national seed has to play on the road for a super regional. I get the whole sharing ballpark thing, but you're telling me there's not another ballpark in or around Springfield that would be adequate to host a super regional? LuskingforGuttin, what else was available that could have been used?

I hate the NCAA and some of their stupid policies and regulations.
                            I don't think this is on the ncaa. MSU was supposed to bid for the super regional. If they wanted to use another regional park they would have had to bid it well before the tournament started.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

There just wasn't another realistic option for hosting. Price Cutter Park in Ozark is in shambles, Meador Park is too small, the only park that could have been possible was the renovated one in Joplin. It's the cost of playing in a first class facility like Hammons. And that place was rocking this weekend. Big time. I hope that the Springfield Cards can pull some strings with the Texas League in the future and ensure that they aren't at home during regional and super weekends in the future. Just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                                I don't think this is on the ncaa. MSU was supposed to bid for the super regional. If they wanted to use another regional park they would have had to bid it well before the tournament started.
                                Exactly, blame SWOMO for this fiasco by not having their own field, not the NCAA.

Meador Park is a great facility and was the proud home field for many years I have seen many games there.

Why they won't go back there is beyond me?

I guess it is a little small but it helps pad their home run numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X