Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    Wait am I getting this right? Msu got assigned a regional but they can't have it because of a scheduling conflict? That can't be right. What am I missing here?
    We are hosting a regional but there is a conflict with the Springfield Cardinals for the Super Regional. NCAA won't allow a super to be played the same day as a Texas League game. Missouri State will either have to travel to the winner of the Stillwater regional or host at an alternate site.

Comment

Good memory on the UNC in Cary thing happening. I do remember that. I also seem to recall Texas hosting in like Corpus Christi because Dish-Falk was being renovated. Not all that uncommon.

Comment

Not all that uncommon if you have a rodeo in town (lol) or are renovating your own stadium. Pretty uncommon if you're somebody else's *****.

I hope Casey keeps posting. He started a nice trend with himself in the basketball forum a couple of years ago.
        Last edited by ShockerFever; May 28, 2015, 12:32 PM.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          It's too bad they don't break that down by investment. I'd be curious how much of that $66M is in meth, walnut bowls, and mobile homes.
          FYP

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
            We are hosting a regional but there is a conflict with the Springfield Cardinals for the Super Regional. NCAA won't allow a super to be played the same day as a Texas League game. Missouri State will either have to travel to the winner of the Stillwater regional or host at an alternate site.
            Well it won't be an issue when SWOMO loses in their regional.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

Kendall Rogers tweeted today that if Arkansas or Ok State win the Stillwater regional, they will host the super. If ORU or St. John's win, Mo State will be allowed to rebid at an alternate site (I guess because Arkansas and Oklahoma State already put in SR bids...)

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
                Kendall Rogers tweeted today that if Arkansas or Ok State win the Stillwater regional, they will host the super. If ORU or St. John's win, Mo State will be allowed to rebid at an alternate site (I guess because Arkansas and Oklahoma State already put in SR bids...)
                Of course that's assuming Missouri State wins their regional, although it is a cakewalk.

However, Missouri State is notorious for being mediocre so..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
                  That seems pretty unfair to me. It essentially makes Okie St the national seed instead of the Bears. I guess that is the risk a team takes when they play in a shared facility.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                    That seems pretty unfair to me. It essentially makes Okie St the national seed instead of the Bears. I guess that is the risk a team takes when they play in a shared facility.
                    It definitely isn't unfair. It's not like they would be taking it away from MSU if their 'home' ballpark was available. This is on MSU, not the NCAA.

Comment

Nice way for MVC to represent. Dallas Baptist and Bradley both lost...handily, I might add. :banghead:

Missouri State must have been rained out as they play tomorrow morning.
                      78-65

Comment

Missouri State has a cakewalk regional though. If they lose a game in it, it would be more embarrassing than DBU or Bradley's antics.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Missouri State has a cakewalk regional though. If they lose a game in it, it would be more embarrassing than DBU or Bradley's antics.
                          Gonna have to disagree on this one. Iowa is a top 25 team and a pretty experienced team. Don't let the fact that they have been an afterthought for so long alter the perception of this year's team. Plus they are saving their best pitcher for the winner's bracket game too. Oregon had a bad RPI but a better ISR and they took 2 of 3 from the number one overall seed last week. Canisius is a typical #4 in a lot of ways but they are senior heavy and they have done a lot of winning in the MAAC. Only Oregon has more NCAA regional experience than them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Wait am I getting this right? Msu got assigned a regional but they can't have it because of a scheduling conflict? That can't be right. What am I missing here?
                            That is what you get when you don't have your own field and have to play in a rented facility.

Maybe SWOMO could line up some games at Meador field again?
                            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

It most certainly sucks that MoSt most likely will have to go on the road for a super regional, especially as a national seed. I agree that it's not right, but at the same time it should motivate the Bears to get their own home field. Aside from a few, I had no issues with their fans at the MVC tournament. Most of them admitted that they were lucky to beat the Shox twice in Wichita, and that they were lucky not to have been playing 2 games on Sunday. They also commented on how sad it was how far WSU has fallen and that everybody hopes they get back to where they used to be because the Valley needs them. As I said, total class, aside from a few.

As for yesterday, I guess it just goes to show that DBU isn't as good as everybody thought they were. Bradley got a tough draw as a 2 seed. I've seen Michigan play several times on tv this season and I questioned them being a 3 seed. I'm honestly not surprised both teams lost yesterday, but the DBU loss is disheartening for the conference.

Hopefully both teams can bounce back today, that is if they even play in Dallas today

Comment

DBU remains alive by eliminating Texas 8-1 today on espn2. Bradley was eliminated by Michigan today 4-3. The Bears are still undefeated in their regional. They would have to be beaten twice to keep them from moving on to the super regional.

Comment

Working...
                                X