• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Selections

Nice to see Bradley in as a #2 seed.

24-27 last year and 5-16 in the Valley.

Baseball is one weird sport

Comment

I would have never guessed that I would see a day where the MVC would have two #1 seed regional hosts (with one being a national seed) along with one #2 seed and Wichita State isn't one of those three programs. Great for the MVC but a sad day for Shocker baseball.

Comment

Bradley and Missouri State went exactly world beaters last year.Next year I look for a simular jump from the Shox.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
          Bradley and Missouri State went exactly world beaters last year.Next year I look for a simular jump from the Shox.
          They could certainly make a run at a Valley championship but so much is dependent on how they are impacted by the MLB draft that it is hard to form and semi-educated opinion on that at this point. I will check back with you on that in a couple of months.

I do expect MSU and DBU to be significantly impacted by both graduation and the MLB draft.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
            I would have never guessed that I would see a day where the MVC would have two #1 seed regional hosts (with one being a national seed) along with one #2 seed and Wichita State isn't one of those three programs. Great for the MVC but a sad day for Shocker baseball.
            Yes, Hell has officially frozen over. Congrats to the others, especially the Country Bears and the Faceless Braves, who had major turnarounds this season -- especially MoState. But things will thaw, and next year WSU could easily have exactly the same sort of reversal.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Yes, Hell has officially frozen over. Congrats to the others, especially the Country Bears and the Faceless Braves, who had major turnarounds this season -- especially MoState. But things will thaw, and next year WSU could easily have exactly the same sort of reversal.
              Bradley Gargoyles :onthego:

Comment

Oregon gets in with their #66 RPI and #246 nc SOS. That is kind of a surprise. That is the only team that Division 1 baseball got wrong in their predictions.

Comment

It probably didn't hurt Oregon's chances that the chair of the committee worked for them for about 10 years. I think the Valley got treated pretty well even though DBU is the first team to ever have a #2 RPI and not get a national seed.

Comment

The last time that three Valley teams were invited to the dance was in 2012 (Creighton, Indiana State and Missouri State). Three league teams were also selected for the NCAA Tournament in 2000, 1999, 1995 and 1990.

Along with Dallas Baptist, the Bears will also be serving as a NCAA Regional host for the first time in Missouri State baseball history.
                    The No. 8 national seed for Missouri State marks a first for a Missouri Valley Conference institution.

Getting 3 teams into the Dance not a real common occurrence for the Valley. Has only happened twice in the last 15 years and neither time involved the Shocks.

I think Missouri State has a great shot at making the CWS this year with the strength of their pitching. Not sure how much MSU will score. They were 5-0 against the Shocks but the teams they play in the NCAA Tournament will not likely be as charitable with the free bases as the Shocks have generally been this year.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 26, 2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Am I reading it right ? We played five teams hosting regionals ? MSU, DBU, UC-SB, TCU and Ok ST.

Comment

Originally posted by Power Outlet View Post
                        Am I reading it right ? We played five teams hosting regionals ? MSU, DBU, UC-SB, TCU and Ok ST.
                        I think that is right. Not only hosting but they are the #1 seeds in their regionals. That is usually, but not always, the case. Unfortunately, the Shocks were 2-13 against that group including 0-5 vs MSU.

Comment

The fans of the other teams in the Valley are probably thinking, man, WSU should is pulling the conference RPI down.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            The fans of the other teams in the Valley are probably thinking, man, WSU should is pulling the conference RPI down.
                            We are. Need to figure out the coaching situation and get your act together or you could be left behind by the rest of the conference.

Comment

Actually. You're still embarrassing, even in baseball. Your team gets a national seed but can't even host a super regional because you're the Springfield Cardinals' bitches. LOL
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X