Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Screw the MVC. If wsu us not one of those teams my heart will not be warmed a bit by seeing swomo and the dead wood from terra haute go.

It would warm my heart to see wsu win the tournament and steal a bid from some other mvc team (or cause the mvc not to get multiple bids). Can I get a AMEN!
    I would be just fine with that. My first preference would be for WSU to win the regular season title and earn an at large bid but I would certainly take earning the auto bid by winning in Springfield.

Comment

DBU pounded Indy State tonight in Terre Huate. They are now 6-1 against Valley teams. If they were in the conference they would easily be in first place. DBU currently has a rpi of 30 right in front of MoST at #31.

Comment

ISU did win games 2 and 3 at least.

Comment

After getting pounded 15-2 Friday night by DBU, Indy State actually came back to win the last 2 games to take the series 2-1. That means if DBU were in the Valley they would no longer be in first place but would be 1 full game behind MoST. SIU swept Cu this weekend (I hope Cu plays as badly against us as they are everyone else) to move into a tie for second place with Indy State, both 1/2 game behind MoST.

The Shox are tied with UE for fourth place, 2 1/2 games behind MoST.

MoST leads in rpi @ #35, Indy St. is #47, Ill. St. is #56, Shox #67, BU #105, SIU #119, UE #120, Cu #212 (LOL)

Shadow member DBU is #34

Comment

It's really hard to laugh at sCUm's season when we have our own problems on our hands. In fact, it's pretty dumb to be doing so.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
              Shadow member DBU is #34
              DBU is not anyway associated with the MVC.

Comment

DBU is not anyway associated with the MVC.
                I have been referring to them as a shadow member since they are essentially playing a Valley schedule this year. I know they are officially an independent and all of their games count as non-conference games for Valley members. But since they are playing 3 game weekend series against members it is interesting to see how they would fare if the games actually counted as conference games. I am still betting on DBU to finish with a better conference record than the real champ at the end of the season (even though they fell one game behind MoST this weekend).

Comment

Checked Boyds World today and MoST can pretty much coast to an at large bid. His rpi needs assessment says they need to go 8-6 to finish in the top 45.

Indy State on the other hand is a long shot. According to Boyds World they have to go 14-2 to finish in the top 45. So while Sycamore fans are all giddy right now with their 2-1 series win over DBU and their current rpi of 47, it looks like their non-conference schedule is going to come back to bite them.

According to Boyd's World WSU has to go 13-3 (slightly better chance than Indy State but very much a long shot), Illnois St. 12-1, UE 16-1, and Bradley 15-0. It is impossible for SIU or Creighton to finish in the top 45.

As of the current moment it looks like MoST is the only Valley team that will earn an at large bid. Everybody else is a long shot or a no shot.

Last edited by shox1989; April 24, 2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

What if swomo goes 0-2 in the tournament?

Comment

What if swomo goes 0-2 in the tournament?
                      Personally I think they could be in a lot of trouble if that were to happen. It depends on where their RPI is before the tourney. If they are around 45-50 before the tourney and go 0-2 their RPI would probably drop to the mid to high 50s and they would certainly be in a lot of trouble. (especially if one of the losses would be to CU and their 201+ RPI, SWOMO might even drop into the sixties)

If they go into the tourney with a RPI of 30-35 then they could probably absorb a 0-2 showing. But since they are playing at home those tourney losses are going to hurt their RPI a lot more than anyone else in the tourney.
                      Last edited by shocker3; April 25, 2012, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Have my doubts about them going 0-2. Great pitching you can take you a long ways. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but chances are much higher the shocks go 0-2 and many of you would say that would never happen.
                        although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

One bid league again by the Valley.

Why would that surprise anyone.
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Tonight in non-league play,#90 Missouri upset MoST in extra innings 4-3. Ue beat Murry St 13-2 and Bradley beat No. Illinois 4-3.

Valley rpis after tonight's games (warren nolan): MoST #40, Indy St. #45, Illinois St #57, WSU #64, BU #100, UE #117, SIU #121, Cu #213

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                              Personally I think they could be in a lot of trouble if that were to happen. It depends on where their RPI is before the tourney. If they are around 45-50 before the tourney and go 0-2 their RPI would probably drop to the mid to high 50s and they would certainly be in a lot of trouble. (especially if one of the losses would be to CU and their 201+ RPI, SWOMO might even drop into the sixties)

If they go into the tourney with a RPI of 30-35 then they could probably absorb a 0-2 showing. But since they are playing at home those tourney losses are going to hurt their RPI a lot more than anyone else in the tourney.

I never thought about the home aspect and the rpi- good point.

Since they are playing at home each MoST win in the tournament will only count as .7 in the rpi and each loss will be 1.3. That means if they go 0-2 it would be like going 0-2.6. Even if they go 1-2 it would be like going .7-2.6 (about the same as everyone else going 0-2).

Comment

Updated Valley rpis (warren nolan) as of today going into this weekends games: MoST #40, Indy St. #45, Illinois St. #55, WSU #64, Bu #100, Ue #118, Siu #121, Cu #213

SIU is playing at MoST, Bradley is playing at Evansville and Illinois St is at Creighton. Indy State is playing a conference series with UNO (Nebraska-Omaha). UNO has a rpi of #277 ouch (worse than North Dakota).

Comment

Working...
                                X