Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    While our at large prospects suck at best, I actually can see the Valley getting two teams in this year. The nation is full of a few haves and a bunch of mediocre or have nots that will have to make up the at large pool. This makes our pee poor performance even more frustrating. When you add in the off the field stuff that has cropped up this year, I can see why the apathy exists on this board.
    Actually we have lots of chances this year to get good RPI wins. Right now, we are 2-3 against the RPI top 50 and 10-11 against the RPI top 100. We have an overall RPI of 72. We also have 13 games left against teams in the RPI top 100, 9 of which could be in the top 50. That is a lot of chances to get quality wins and to improve our RPI.

With that many good RPI games left on the schedule this team certainly has the opportunity to earn an at large bid. They just need to win the games. GO SHOX!

Comment

After this weekend, Warren Nolan still has the Valley as the #7 ranked conference in rpi. The Valley is right behind the Big 12.

Individual rpis: MoST #40, Indy St. #50, Illinois State #53, WSU #70, UE #82, SIU #97, BU #123 and Cu #159. This weekends 2-1 showing at Illinois St, leaped the Shox over UE into 4th place in the rpi.

The Shadow Valley member, DBU is #44 (They play 19 games against MVC teams this year, playing everybody except Illinois State). With a 2-1 record against Valley teams so far, they would essentially be tied with MoSt, WSU and Indy State in the log jam at the top of the league standings if they were a conference member this year.
      Last edited by shox1989; April 10, 2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

After last nights win over Ku in Lawrence, the Shox rpi has improved to #68. The Shox record against the rpi top 50 also improved to 4-3 as Texas-Arlington, a team WSU swept (2-0) moved into the top 50 at #47.

Comment

Todays win over Ku has improved the Shox rpi to #65. The Valley remains at #7. The biggest highlight of the night (other than the Shox 10-2 win over Ku) is that MoST won tonight against Kstate 3-0 (MoST is at #39 in the rpi).
          Last edited by shox1989; April 12, 2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Boyd's world RPI needs report today says the Shox need to go 15-5 to finish with a rpi of 45 or better or 18-2 to finish 32 or better.

It certainly won't be easy but is still doable.

Comment

It is interesting that according to Boyd's World, several other Valley teams still have a long chance shot at an at large bid: Bradley must go 19-3 or 16-0; Evansville must go 16-5 or 20-1; Illinois St. must go 14-3 or 17-0; Indy St. must go 15-5 or 19-1; MosT actually has a very good chance as they only have to go 9-9 or 12-6. The only Valley teams eliminated from at large consideration right now are SIU and Cu.

Ku and Kstate have also been eliminated from any at large consideration according to Boyds World. Okie State has to go 20-0 to finish with a rpi of 45 or better.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Boyd's world RPI needs report today says the Shox need to go 15-5 to finish with a rpi of 45 or better or 18-2 to finish 32 or better.

It certainly won't be easy but is still doable.
                  It's these types of statements that continue to make you lose considerable credibility.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    It is interesting that according to Boyd's World, several other Valley teams still have a long chance shot at an at large bid: Bradley must go 19-3 or 16-0; Evansville must go 16-5 or 20-1; Illinois St. must go 14-3 or 17-0; Indy St. must go 15-5 or 19-1; MosT actually has a very good chance as they only have to go 9-9 or 12-6. The only Valley teams eliminated from at large consideration right now are SIU and Cu.

Ku and Kstate have also been eliminated from any at large consideration according to Boyds World. Okie State has to go 20-0 to finish with a rpi of 45 or better.
                    So to sum up, if 6 teams in the Valley end up going on massive winning streaks, each recording 1 loss or less the rest of the way, they will be in at-large territory. Sounds plausible. Especially considering most of those teams will likely be playing against each other. And to go a step further, our awesome non-con schedule of Big XII teams will continue to aid in our ultimate destination of an at large berth.

Did I get everything right?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      So to sum up, if 6 teams in the Valley end up going on massive winning streaks, each recording 1 loss or less the rest of the way, they will be in at-large territory. Sounds plausible. Especially considering most of those teams will likely be playing against each other. And to go a step further, our awesome non-con schedule of Big XII teams will continue to aid in our ultimate destination of an at large berth.

Did I get everything right?

No. The Valley is the 7th ranked conference in rpi right now. The Valley should have a good chance to get at least 2 teams into the dance. MoST is in excellent shape to get one of those spots. Everyone else except SIU and Cu are still viable for the other one
                      (possibly 2 spots if everything fell right and the top 3 teams were able to get separation from everyone else which doesn't look likely). WSU is actually in about as good as a position as any of the other 5 teams. It will be interesting to see if WSU or any of the other 5 teams makes a run to grab that other potential spot.

Comment

And the big 12 teams are definitely down this year, we just need to beat them.

Comment

so what you are telling me is MVC is likely to get 2 teams in the tournament and one of them WiLL NOT be WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            so what you are telling me is MVC is likely to get 2 teams in the tournament and one of them WiLL NOT be WSU.
                            No I am saying that the MVC has a good chance to get two teams and one of them will likely be MoST. The other one is up in the air but that WSU's chances of being the other team is basically as good or better than the other 4 teams (Indy St probably has a slightly better chance than WSU). It will be interesting to see which of the 5 teams can take advantage of the opportunity. I am hoping it is WSU.

Comment

Screw the MVC. If wsu us not one of those teams my heart will not be warmed a bit by seeing swomo and the dead wood from terra haute go.

It would warm my heart to see wsu win the tournament and steal a bid from some other mvc team (or cause the mvc not to get multiple bids). Can I get a AMEN!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Screw the MVC. If wsu us not one of those teams my heart will not be warmed a bit by seeing swomo and the dead wood from terra haute go.

It would warm my heart to see wsu win the tournament and steal a bid from some other mvc team (or cause the mvc not to get multiple bids). Can I get a AMEN!
                                AMEN, I am with you son!
                                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Working...
                                X